autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pressure washer assistance & thank you

Hello,

I posted a thread last month for help with a pressure washer, and I just want to thank everyone who answered. Your tips & suggestions worked!

I ended up getting a Ryobi 1900 PSI 1.2 GPM pressure washer. I have a 25' Kobrajet hose with all the fittings and a Mosmatic gun. The issue I have, is there's no pressure coming out of my gun or the Kobrajet hose...I tested the hose with and without the gun. There's water but it's spurting out air. I did try to purge the air...for 30 minutes...

Before anyone asks...

1. Everything is new, and to my knowledge there's no clogs.
    2. The water hose to my water source is half an inch thick..there's no clogs.
    3. The pressure washer itself works fine...I disconnected the Kobrajet from it and it has pressure.
    4. I did attempt to purge the air out....machine was off, water was on full blast, there was no kinks in any of the hoses and I waited over 30 minutes, still no pressure.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. I can't believe anyone would wait over 30 minutes to purge their hoses.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washer assistance & thank you

Sounds like you have narrowed it down and singled out the Kobrajet hose as the problem.

Just because it is new does not mean it cannot be defective.

Did you try the Ryobi hose?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Sounds like you have narrowed it down and singled out the Kobrajet hose as the problem.

Just because it is new does not mean it cannot be defective.

Did you try the Ryobi hose?
    I didn't try the Ryobi house, as I splurged and bought a specific gun & adaptors from a gentleman who has his own business and an undercarriage washer from Amazon. A few folks suggested running water thru the machine and the pressure washer hose, before attaching gun. Didn't think of that, but will try.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChasKSC View Post
    I didn't try the Ryobi house, as I splurged and bought a specific gun & adaptors from a gentleman who has his own business and an undercarriage washer from Amazon. A few folks suggested running water thru the machine and the pressure washer hose, before attaching gun. Didn't think of that, but will try.

Thanks!
    Try the ryobi hose and gun if that doesn’t work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChasKSC View Post
    ... A few folks suggested running water thru the machine and the pressure washer hose, before attaching gun. Didn't think of that, but will try.

Thanks!
    Not just before hooking up the gun - have your gun hooked up, just don’t have a spray nozzle in it. Hold the trigger on the gun with the PW off until it’s pure water coming out before turning it on.

(Edit: I didn’t look at time stamps to compare this thread to the sister site to see if I’d already said that over there too, but wanted to share/clarify the way that works for me every time).

If that doesn’t work, as others mentioned I’d swap the stock stuff on and try again. Not gonna lie - mostly because I’m cheap, but I still run the stock hose and gun and don’t feel like I’m missing out on a completely different world of pressure washing because of it. I just lay the hose out flat before starting and it’s fine for me.
    I do want to upgrade eventually though.

6. Likes Prange liked this post