autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carpro reset

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro reset

Ok so I think carpro reset works really well as a soap regardless of the lsp, it looks like it cleans a coated car very well. Only problem is it is rather expensive and the 4l size not easily accessible for me. So, I am wondering if there is anything equivalent but in a cheaper version? Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro reset

Grab one of these so you’re not wasting product. When I started measuring it out I saw my bottles last much longer.
    Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner 32 oz.

Post Thanks / Like

large gallons are still out there. it's about $1 per ounce and 1oz makes 5 gals of suds. well worth the money. do use some type of measuring device.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Or do what I did and get a bunch of Bettix bottles. I bought my Bettix bottles along with some of the Contour Gray (chemical-resistant) spray heads from US Plastics though shipping was a little high.

5. Likes fly07sti, DFB, Icarus, vaca22, mattmann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that Reset has the potential to degrade a wax or sealant. For a coating it’s no problem.

Look into Meguiar’s Hyper Wash as an alternative.

7. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I coated all my cars, I use all kinds of soap but I think reset works best in cleaning and reviving the coating or at least it looks like that to me. I usually use hyperwash since its relatively cheap versus reset but I do have adams and the mckee sio2 one that Ive been trying to use up. I like using w4 if the car is really dirty as a prewash foam. I mostly use reset in the bucket and everything else with the cannon and buy it when there is a sale on ag or autopia and have it shipped to my brother in socal in fact I just ordered another 4l yesterday on the sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    Ok so I coated all my cars, I use all kinds of soap but I think reset works best in cleaning and reviving the coating or at least it looks like that to me. I usually use hyperwash since its relatively cheap versus reset but I do have adams and the mckee sio2 one that Ive been trying to use up. I like using w4 if the car is really dirty as a prewash foam. I mostly use reset in the bucket and everything else with the cannon and buy it when there is a sale on ag or autopia and have it shipped to my brother in socal in fact I just ordered another 4l yesterday on the sale.
    Have you tried Car Pro's Lift in your foam cannon as a prewash?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I have not tried lift nor the koch chemie one I would like to try but is hard for me to get those and is more expensive than reset so not sure if that is the way to go. I like the idea of a prewash foam but dont do it that often. Seems like w4 takes off a decent amount of dirt or it could just be the pw blasting everything off too and me just thinking its doing something!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    I have not tried lift nor the koch chemie one I would like to try but is hard for me to get those and is more expensive than reset so not sure if that is the way to go. I like the idea of a prewash foam but dont do it that often. Seems like w4 takes off a decent amount of dirt or it could just be the pw blasting everything off too and me just thinking its doing something!
    Yeah, I hear you..mind games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Yes I have. I think the key is to have appropriate expectations as far as pre-washes go. It did a very good job of loosening up and carrying away the heavy stuff, as I thought it would. Foamed pretty nice....not as nice as Reset, but still pretty nice. I'm only running SunJoe SPX3000, so I was pretty pleased with the results.

13. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast