autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mc Kee's 37 Si02 Auto Wash.

Stopped by our local Advanced Auto. Been awhile. I was amazed by the name brand detailing products they now carry. Spotted the Mc Kee's 37 Si02 Auto Wash. SOLD! Been wanting to try this unique soap for some time. The only Si02 soap that can be used by washing the whole vehicle then rinsing. Being the truck is coated with TW HS Spray coating, this will be a great time to try it. I recall when it was released, it had fantastic reviews. Looking forward to hopefully using it this weekend.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mc Kee's 37 Si02 Auto Wash.

I have this soap and have been using it lately to get rid of it as I cannot tell if the sio2 in there does anything but it does smell nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    I have this soap and have been using it lately to get rid of it as I cannot tell if the sio2 in there does anything but it does smell nice!
    Same experience on my side. The smell is great.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it is not nearly as visible as say Hydrofoam by CarPro. But it is very slick and vehicles always look like they have a little more “pop” after washing with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    It is not meant to leave protection behind like a ceramic infused soap. The benefit to this one is it can be used in full sun and still rinse off clean.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a little bit left and like it. It doesn’t foam well from a foam cannon, but it does work as advertised. My car isn’t coated and I always thought it left a little gloss once done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by limited0602 View Post
    I have a little bit left and like it. It doesn’t foam well from a foam cannon, but it does work as advertised. My car isn’t coated and I always thought it left a little gloss once done.
    Interesting, when I used this soap it foamed great in the bucket and in the foam cannon. I used 3oz and filled the rest with warm tap water in my MTM cannon. The smell is so good I even got some bees come hang out when I was washing. That was back when I didn’t know about Reset and now only use that soap. I still have some of the McKee’s soap around as I bought the gallon.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Interesting, when I used this soap it foamed great in the bucket and in the foam cannon. I used 3oz and filled the rest with warm tap water in my MTM cannon. The smell is so good I even got some bees come hang out when I was washing. That was back when I didn’t know about Reset and now only use that soap. I still have some of the McKee’s soap around as I bought the gallon.
    It foamed very well in the bucket, but in the foam cannon, it didn’t go on very thick and was quick to break down after I applied it. I’ve been using Megs Gold Class lately (I can get it really cheap) and it goes on much thicker and I can do my whole car before it breaks down.

I think McKee’s makes great stuff and I still have a bottle of their V2 paint coating I’ve been meaning to apply, but it’s probably bad at this point. Still use their hydro blue si02 on my wheels!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by limited0602 View Post
    I think McKee’s makes great stuff and I still have a bottle of their V2 paint coating I’ve been meaning to apply, but it’s probably bad at this point. Still use their hydro blue si02 on my wheels!
    It’s certainly bad. Their v2 coating had very little shelf life, a few months at best. I tried to use a new bottle that was just under 6 months old and it was like glue to wipe off. That left such a bad impression I haven’t tried another of their paint coatings since. I do use their glass coating and that works fine. Their tire coating was mediocre in my opinion, lasted about as long as any tire dressing does (latest version of the tire coating).
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting soap. THICK is right! WOW. Did fine in the foam gun. Really foamed up in the bucket! Almost like a shaving cream foam. Cleaned well. Very slick. Rinsed off well. Did i notice it leaving anything behind? Hard to say. Truck did look stellar after the wash. I finished with TW HS Wet wax. If you compare it to Griots ceramic wash and coat, well Griots comes out on top. But Griots is a true wash & coat soap. The plus of the Mc Kess is you can foam and wash the whole vehicle, not one panel at a time. Would i get a gallon of the Mc Kees? I probably would on sale. It is a expensive soap. In closing, the watermelon scent was hardly noticeable to me.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

11. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post