autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First large order, any input?

Quote Originally Posted by Mallowpuff View Post
    Man, that's way more than I expected. But I'll consider going the 5.5" pad route.
    It seems like a lot, I get it.

But........ An overworked pad will fail much sooner due to heat build up, and also the extra forces needed to properly clean it afterward. (Brushing/agitating, etc.)

Better to have a few extra pads (and have them for years) than to wear out your first small batch and have to repurchase them plus the extra ones. JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides waiting for a sale? what were you going to use the eagle edgeless towels for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Besides waiting for a sale? what were you going to use the eagle edgeless towels for?
    I have 25% off the entire order, I don't think there will be better anytime soon. And the eagle edgeless towels are for general wiping, possibly the panel cleaner, etc.

I'll respond to everyone else with a more detailed reply when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 25% off the entire order, I don't think there will be better anytime soon. And the eagle edgeless towels are for general wiping, possibly the panel cleaner, etc.

I'll respond to everyone else with a more detailed reply when I get back.
    Ah, that'll do. ok, if the towels were for rinseless washing, a lighter color may have made dirt easier to see on the towel. looks like the light gray is more expensive though so i'd stick with lavender.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    *Snip*

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate the detailed response.

Would you say something like wash doesn't matter as much in terms of matching brands? Like Gtechniq wash vs Reset on Gtechniq coating. I know Reset is rated better than G Wash but not sure in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    You definitely want iron remover regardless of color. You may not see it turn purple but it doesn’t mean iron isn’t on the surface.

I’ve used the Pearl towels before, they’re ok, I had lint issues with it, not too bad but the Bald Wipe is way nicer (and more expensive too).

I think 5 cutting pads are fine, maybe 4 finishing pads would work too on that small car. I agree with those saying use 5.5” instead of 6.5”, even though the G9 has plenty of power to turn the larger pad. Since you won’t have a smaller polisher like 3” then you’ll want the smaller 5.5” to reach more areas. And with such curvy car the larger 6.5” might stall a decent amount.
    Sounds good. I'll get CarPro IronX. As for the towels, I'll take a shot with the Pearl for the price. Hopefully they're fine. At like $1.30/ea it's worth a shot.

I think I'll go 5.5".

Thanks for everything so far, still open to opinions of course!!

Post Thanks / Like

Would you say something like wash doesn't matter as much in terms of matching brands? Like Gtechniq wash vs Reset on Gtechniq coating. I know Reset is rated better than G Wash but not sure in this case.
    Soap is different than coating prep. Nothing to worry about. I use Reset on many cars with various coatings and finds that it does universal well. Actually most coating specific soap works well in their own way. I like reset more because it rinse well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    Soap is different than coating prep. Nothing to worry about. I use Reset on many cars with various coatings and finds that it does universal well. Actually most coating specific soap works well in their own way. I like reset more because it rinse well.
    Sounds good, only other question about soap since I am on that topic, is the Gyeon foam needed? I think now with Reset, it should be plenty in my foam cannon as the prewash foam and the actual 2 bucket wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, only other question about soap since I am on that topic, is the Gyeon foam needed? I think now with Reset, it should be plenty in my foam cannon as the prewash foam and the actual 2 bucket wash.
    I would think so as well.

9. Likes Mallowpuff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, does anyone have opinions on LC vs Boss pads? In the 5.5" I am looking almost half the price for the LC Flat pads

Post Thanks / Like

Also, does anyone have opinions on LC vs Boss pads? In the 5.5" I am looking almost half the price for the LC Flat pads
    I’ve used the BOSS pads and the LC CCS pads. The Boss pads were nicer. Id recommend trying both I think you’ll be happy. I would do 6 of each. 3 orange each and I love the BOSS Yellows. Decent cut and finishes well.

First large order, any input? on the Griots cream. CorrectingCream does wonders and Fast correcting Cream has great cut.

I’d finish with CarPro Essence if your coating.

Agree on Reset and works good enough in a foamer.

I prefer Eraser for Paint Prep. I know most like synergy but i figure if its removing polish oils doesn’t really matter if it matches. Eraser is great.

I also prefer Gyeon prep over G wipe.

For Iron removal I believe [mention]TTQ B4U [/mention] said buy what evers cheapest. I took his advice and bought Blackfire IR when it was 40% off and would agree it worked just as good if not better then Iron X.

I preferred it’s gel consistency to cling to paint better.

If you don’t have any regular clay around to go with the synthetic stuff i’d order a little as it’s good to get into tight spaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast