autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you use?

What would you use?-39de09a2-6c77-4b47-a7f6-3f133977e5cb-jpg
    I know I’m asking an open ended question, but I’m interested in your recommendations. I’m a newbie, New truck for me. 2018 F150. Paint is in good condition, few swirls but nothing serious. What products would you use to get a deep finish? The products I have are the Klasse Twins, Pinnacle Souveran Paste. I’m looking to buy more products but want your recommendations. I do not have a DA buffer, but thinking about getting a PC.
    If the pic is too small, what size am I allowed to post?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What would you use?-877654ed-8662-4d09-8700-be71121afa7b-jpeg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you use?

Yea, Your going to get a thousand different answers. That color would look insane with the TURTLE WAX HYBRID SOLUTIONS line. And it all can be done by hand. I would use...

1. Polish & wax.
    2. 1 or 2 coats of the spray coating.
    3. Maintain with Wet Wax.

Being the paint is in good shape, these products would be great for the task at hand.

What would you use?-0315191703-00-jpg
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

If you want the max gloss/shine, you need to polish with a machine. Porter Cable is a reliable DA, but a Griot G9 IMO would be a better choice because of the torque and the life-time warranty for a few dollars more.

There are a lot of videos on polishing paint. After machine polishing that dark maroon paint you are going to be floored by the insane gloss you can get from dark colors.

4. Likes PaulMys, luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Rsurfer. Get the Griot's G9. I've used Wolfgang Uber compound, polish, and paint sealant for years and liked the results.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

That color red and as well for deep blues I like Duragloss products. Been around a long time and still offer unbelievable shine and durability.

Their wash products are awesome, as is DG601/DG501/DG111 and Aquawax spray wax. These became my new favorites several years ago and I have never looked back.

Cheaper than some of the newer products as well.

The new Hybrid Solutiins by Turtle Wax sounds promising.

I could name some other brands I have including PBMG brands, but of all the different ones that I have I am continually blown away by Duragloss...all of their durable polishes which are mainly sealants, wash products (soap and rinse less) and spray wax. They offer explosive shine and durability only rivaled by “some” of today’s si02 products...which are new to me because I’ve been out of this for a few years and I’m just now learning about many of these new durable products with ceramic technology in them.

Simply put...
    If I could do it over and not buy so many products knowing what I know now, for a newer daily driver maintenance, Duragloss wash products and durable polishes and Aquawax would still be my number one pick.

My old favorite’s I still stand by are...

Meguiar’s Gold Class and Ultimate lines and newer products.

Mother’s (Their soap smells the best to me, as does their cleaner wax, Pure Carnuba paste wax, Showtime detailer...with that cinnamon candy smell. Their Heavy Duty Rubber and trim cleaner is awesome on window rubber. Their All wheel cleaner and tire cleaner is great. Of Meguiar’s and Mothers maintenance products I prefer Mothers because I like the smell, but they are both great.

I also like...
    Optimum car soap and ONR, Poli-seal, spray wax also.

Griots polisher won’t break the bank either, but I’m different than most for daily driver care in that clear coat preservation is most important to me, not swirls. That means touching the paint as least as possible for wash maintenance and polishing. I don’t even mind the products having fillers. In fact, for a daily driver I encourage them as well as gloss enhancers like those found in Duragloss products.

Certainly nothing wrong with a paint cleaner, AIO, or a light polish being used once or twice a year applied by machine with a light polishing/finishing pad. Again, I tend to want to preserve clear coat, so once that polishing is done it is all about maintenance washing and technique. The less you touch the paint the less scratching you tend to induce.

The new Hybrid Solutions spray and the Griots 3-n-1 spray seem to have phenomenal durability and super ease of use. Very promising products.

Did I mention Duragloss products are still my favorite??

Just my two $.02, for what it’s worth.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

8. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang DGPS topped with Fuzion would make that truck shine so intensely, it'd make you wanna slap yo momma!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone! I was watching a video Mike made on the 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating and decided to take a chance. I had a base of the Klasse Twins, washed and cleaned the paint and then used the 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating and top coated it with Pinnacle Souveran paste. I was told beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....
    I really love the results.
    Big problem... How can I post pictures? I can’t figure out what size is allowed
    Please help

Post Thanks / Like

What would you use?-ed96c4e5-7ac1-4ae5-ab94-043f6901b9cb-jpeg
    What would you use?-a9a5a448-98fb-4212-96f4-1d813fd9c91a-jpeg
    What would you use?-f273989e-1f24-432b-a583-97e682259c26-jpeg
    Hope this works

Post Thanks / Like

Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

13. Thanks BHC101 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.