autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting started with a Pro level ceramic company?

As the question states does any one have a company they would highly recommend or any suggestions on a company that would take on a newer detailing company. Company is only 6 months old and doing good for just being a weekend gig right now. Hopefully more to come in the future with it. Looking at getting into some pro level ceramic style coatings. Opti-coat Pro 3, Qtechniq CSL, or something similar.
    Had a customer come in yesterday with an S class Mercedes and wanted a high end ceramic coating. I had a Mercedes S class I turned down ceramic coating this week. DIdnt feel comfortable in coating it with UK3.0. Thats what I had here. Wanting to get a pro grade coating started.
    I have reached out to Opticoat and Qtechniq. Doesnt sound like Qtechniq has any interest in a part time guy getting going. Opticoat is up in the air yet. Would like something Midwest area if possible. Willing to travel to get cert but dont want to drive all the way across country.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting started with a Pro level ceramic company?

Good Luck! A parttimer with only 6 months under your belt and probably no shop.

Keep trying, someone might take a chance on you.

Post Thanks / Like

Without a established shop I doubt any of the big players will let you be certified to install their coatings. Nothing wrong with UK3.0. You can use that on many cars until you’re ready to go full time and open a shop, then get certified.
    Bruno Soares

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Good Luck! A parttimer with only 6 months under your belt and probably no shop.

Keep trying, someone might take a chance on you.

Have a shop. Just trying to get going.

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing wrong with CQUK 3.0. It’s a very good coating.

Check out this video

CarPro CQuartz UK3.0 vs Professional vs Finest Reserve - whats the difference? - YouTube

Also don’t get too focused on being certified. You can go far with any established brand. You do t have enough seat time to warrant being considered by Optimum or Gtechniq. Cquartz is going to be the same.

You could try reaching out IGL, GlassParency, SPS, Artdeshine. These are off the top of my head. Reach out to them on social media.

Edit: P&S doesn't require authorization. Only for their warranty program.

6. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy a well known product and earn a local reputation. Blackfire is a good product line.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Buy a well known product and earn a local reputation. Blackfire is a good product line.
    I just ordered two of their black edition bottles. Have a good friend that Im buffing his truck out next week. I asked if he would buy the product and I would try it on his truck. He will be awesome advertisement for me. He is really well known in local car scene. Car shows etx. Im actually pretty pumped. I like the way this coating installs. Looks super straight forward. I got an old bandit TA coming in in a few weeks for a paint correction. Gonna try and upsell him to it also. He goes to car shows locally and would be good for business too.
    What is the going rate for these kind of coatings. Im thinking around 800 depending on how bad the paint is and how big the vehicle is.

Post Thanks / Like

How many ceramic coating packages do you install per month? This is what these companies will ask you.

As mentioned, many pro detailers will install CARPRO UK 3.0 all day before they are able to get in with there certified program. Besides that, UK 3.0 is a quality coating.

How much was the customer willing to pay for a coating?

I say go with a brand that you believe in, sell it like crazy to have something to prove the company with. Otherwise, I myself am not certified or authorized, though I used to be...and at the end of the day, my clients are paying me for my qualifications to properly polish a car prior to installing a coating. Only 1 out of 1000 had requested a coating by name. And that was when I was with Opti-Coat.

Otherwise, many just want to have a coating done just because they can afford it.