autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Deionized water system

I'm in the process of upping my game in the wash dept.
    My current pressure washer is underpowered and cheap. It works but has no quick connects.
    I'm looking at a 2000 psi Stanley
    Pressure washer. I like this one because it has a 30' hose.
    I'm also looking at a deionized water system .
    I like this one because it's not too expensive. Should work for my needs anyways .
    Does anyone run the deionized water full time or just for the final rinse?
    I don't mind using it full time if it's just a matter of using more resin, I'll just buy more.
    What's your opinion?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deionized water system

First thing first... You do know Autogeek sells the exact system at their site. Autogeek has a sale every so often and if you catch it just right... you saves some $$.

I used this system for years prior to installing a CR spotless system at the house.

Here is my take on this.

It works well for home use and doing one vehicle at a time. For using this commercially... you would have to have extra resin on hand. I have it on during the entire washing process and it helps tremendously since hard water is a thing where I live. Mine was set up inline with 3 cannisters. One with filter and two with resins. I used a color changing resin so I know when to switch out the cartridge cannister. This system has its roots in aquariums and you would be able to find the color changing resin refill cartridge cannister on amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    First thing first... You do know Autogeek sells the exact system at their site. Autogeek has a sale every so often and if you catch it just right... you saves some $$.

I used this system for years prior to installing a CR spotless system at the house.

Here is my take on this.

It works well for home use and doing one vehicle at a time. For using this commercially... you would have to have extra resin on hand. I have it on during the entire washing process and it helps tremendously since hard water is a thing where I live. Mine was set up inline with 3 cannisters. One with filter and two with resins. I used a color changing resin so I know when to switch out the cartridge cannister. This system has its roots in aquariums and you would be able to find the color changing resin refill cartridge cannister on amazon.
    I actually found a 25% off coupon from Autogeek so I'm thinking about the dual cannister setup. I'll only be using this on my own vehicle a few times a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dieselfan1 View Post
    I'm in the process of upping my game in the wash dept.
    My current pressure washer is underpowered and cheap. It works but has no quick connects.
    I'm looking at a 2000 psi Stanley
    Pressure washer. I like this one because it has a 30' hose.
    I'm also looking at a deionized water system .
    I like this one because it's not too expensive. Should work for my needs anyways .
    Does anyone run the deionized water full time or just for the final rinse?
    I don't mind using it full time if it's just a matter of using more resin, I'll just buy more.
    What's your opinion?

I like the reel but not the universal motor...prefer brushless.

This things probably max 2000 psi and 1100-1300 working psi. That’s more than enough but I would look for more GPM’s. More important for washing.

Haven’t found a good stock hose yet would recommend replacing.... i like my flexzilla.

Look into the Cat pressure washer or the active Ve52 (same units). They have a higher gpm and alot of detailer reviews on them. Seems to be good unit for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

We use the CR Spotless DIC-20 dual filter unit in our, mostly production based, shop and due to the extreme TDS count of the county water supply, I use it full time. This results in us replacing the resin every 45 to 60 days. Well worth the investment though, no water spots.

6. Thanks dieselfan1 thanked for this post
    Likes dieselfan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got rid of my CR Spotless. It just wasn't worth the hassle in home use for me.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I like the reel but not the universal motor...prefer brushless.

This things probably max 2000 psi and 1100-1300 working psi. That’s more than enough but I would look for more GPM’s. More important for washing.

Haven’t found a good stock hose yet would recommend replacing.... i like my flexzilla.

Look into the Cat pressure washer or the active Ve52 (same units). They have a higher gpm and alot of detailer reviews on them. Seems to be good unit for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What he said

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

if I had to do it all over again, I would buy one of those cheap TDS meters from AG or Amazon. Finding out how hard your water is will help you decide what you want to buy as far as DI water systems go. For example, if your water is pretty hard (300-400TDS range), you'll need to change out the replacement cartridges (or dump and refill the resin) pretty often depending on the size. My water is 400 to 450TDS. I have the portable one from Griot's Garage. It holds 13lbs of resin. That's probably roughly equivalent to the larger CR Spotless setup. With only using it to rinse, I will barely make it through a spring to late summer time frame before the TDS meter will start measuring above the mid 30's. It's just helpful to know what to expect. Lower TDS numbers will obviously drastically increase your time of use before you must change the resin.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my numbers. TDS 440.
    I knew the water was hard as I have a water softener.
    I'll be using a lot of resin it appears.
    I got the Stanley 2000 PSI 1.4 gpm pressure washer already. Pressure Washers Direct had the best price, free shipping and it was here in two days. Also picked up a Chemical Guys Torq foam cannon and gallon of Stripper suds,Deionized water system, for a steal on ebay.
    For the Deionized system I ordered the deluxe version with two canisters from AG. Should be here in a couple days.
    I also put in two pre-filters I had on a shelf in the basement. Couldn't hurt I thought.
    I'm wondering if I should run softened water to this setup??
    My thinking is not to because all the minerals but what do I know?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dieselfan1 View Post
    Here's my numbers. TDS 440.

I also put in two pre-filters I had on a shelf in the basement. Couldn't hurt I thought.
    I'm wondering if I should run softened water to this setup??
    My thinking is not to because all the minerals but what do I know?
    I ran the water to the filter then to the Cannisters (Resin) when I had this system.