autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, can I use carpro Elixir over Megs M27? + additional questions.

Hi, I’m going to apply Megs M27 tommorow, instead of going with a ceramic coating that I happened to have ordered, before discovering and getting excited over M27. I’ve applied M21 before and loved the depth it left on my Solid black TM3, the gloss was also decent.

I didn’t stick with M21 however since I live in a cold climate and it died on me 1 month in. But as I mentioned I loved the attributes of the M21 except the durability/longetivity. Also wishing gloss was a little higher.
    M27 seems to fulfill everything I feel the M21 was lacking, longer durability, higher gloss, and still keeping that lovely depth.

Now I know Megs have a detailer/bead booster for this product, which I will be getting. But I just so happen to have some elixir from carpro left and was wondering if it would be fine as a detailer in the meantime?

I’ve searched all over and they say it goes risk free over clear coat or c-coatings but no mentioning of sealant, and as M27 is hybrid this seems to confuse me even more, is it safe to apply it as a drying aid and life-prolonger for M27?

Also do you have a shampoo you guys recommend? Maybe Sio2 infused which will prolong its life? Also is the shampoo I’m using fine in the meantime? Just a regular shampoo with nothing mixed in, with a PH level of +7.

Feel like I’ve bothered you fine folks enough, but just realized I wanted to ask if you can add 2 layers for added durability/longetivity, or if its wasted time. Also how long should I wait before applying the second layer, if possible/worth it?

I’m sorry for asking so many questions but I’m genuinely excited over M27 and want to make it last as long as it possibly can.

Also wanted to say hi to all you helpfull fellows on this forum, you have helped me more than you can possibly imagine as I’ve been a lurker for a while, and this is my first post
    Kind regards,
    Choco

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Hi, can I use carpro Elixir over Megs M27? + additional questions.

Can I atleast know the following:

I know Megs have a detailer/bead booster for this product, which I will be getting. But I just so happen to have some elixir from carpro left and was wondering if it would be fine as a detailer in the meantime? and act as a drying aid and life prolonger, without consecuenses?

As I happen to be poor the following months, can I dilute the M27 (how much?) and use in a spray bottle as a detailed/prolonger?

And also is it possible to layer the M27 with another layer, also 2 layers? And if so is it beneficial for longevity/durability?

When it has almost lost its hydrophobic effect, can I add it again, by just rinse and dry?

I’ve searched all over and they say elixir goes risk free over clear coat or ceramic coats, but no mention of sealants, and as M27 is hybrid this seems to confuse me even more.

Thanks again, kind regards Chico

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi, can I use carpro Elixir over Megs M27? + additional questions.

Below please find my reply to the
    ’applying EliXer over Meguiar’s M27’
    part of your thread-starter questions.

IMO:
    Since EliXer is, basically, a quick detailer
    (QD) that is said to also leave behind some
    protection...I really don’t see why not.

Give it a try on just one panel (aka:
    “The Test Spot”). That may be the ticket
    that helps you decide if you want to go
    forward with using it atop the rest of the
    M27, or not.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Below please find my reply to the
    ’applying EliXer over Meguiar’s M27’
    part of your thread-starter questions.

IMO:
    Since EliXer is, basically, a quick detailer
    (QD) that is said to also leave behind some
    protection...I really don’t see why not.

Give it a try on just one panel (aka:
    “The Test Spot”). That may be the ticket
    that helps you decide if you want to go
    forward with using it atop the rest of the
    M27, or not.

Bob
    Thank you so much, I was skeptic of using it because some “ceramic” detailers and sealants don’t go well togher as the agents in some of them can “clean away” the sealant part of it, at least that’s what I’ve heard 😦, so thank you for giving me a peace of mind , do you know if I can layer the M27?(how long to wait?)

Sorry for almost spamming, it’s just that I’ve wanted to protect the car all winter and waited patiently and finally have the chance, to look at my car with proudly.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, can I use carpro Elixir over Megs M27? + additional questions.

You can use Elixir on pretty much any LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Elixir should be fine on m27. People mix Sio2 sealants with QD’s all the time.

That’s basically where elixir came from. A detailer named merlin mixed ech20 with reload to creat this and it was so popular CarPros cane out with their pre mixed version and even named it Elixer because of him.

You could probably mix the m27 with megs QD and do the same but i’d just use your Elixir.

The m27 won’t give you crazy durability..... 3-6 months if your lucky.

If you’ve got a coating and are going to prep and polish paint I’d say apply that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Elixir should be fine on m27. People mix Sio2 sealants with QD’s all the time.

That’s basically where elixir came from. A detailer named merlin mixed ech20 with reload to creat this and it was so popular CarPros cane out with their pre mixed version and even named it Elixer because of him.

You could probably mix the m27 with megs QD and do the same but i’d just use your Elixir.

The m27 won’t give you crazy durability..... 3-6 months if your lucky.

If you’ve got a coating and are going to prep and polish paint I’d say apply that

I had the same thought, basically went for M27 in the end since:

1. weather not optimal, ranges around -1 to +12 celsius this night/tommorow, not ideal condition for ceramic coating.

2. (prepped the car yesterday, with iron-x,clay, all that) using 15 hours today minus break and applying M27, so 10 hours spent comp/polishing, removed 90% deeper cuts, and 70% swirls. Not an ideal surface for a 3 year coat.

(I have a back issue, it strains fast, since my step dad hit me in the back with a metal washing pole
    seeing “red” using all muscle power because I built a blanket fort as an 8 year old, with my lil (half)-bro. Mom called police/divorced him the next day, he was abuse towards her for long, but hitting her child was the limit.) So not because of inexperience, wow first time I’ve mentioned this in years.

3. Really need to use car on Friday, and the following days.

So I figured the M27 will last me until fall, when I can get the surface 99%, weather will be better and “right before” the harsh winter as well.

4. Gives me a chance to check out the product, satisfying my curiosity

So all in all I went with the M27, though had I gotten the surface to 99%, I would probably have used the ceramic coat, and remote warmed the car with windows down for an hour, to reach +10 and hold it throughout the night as its isolated well. Garage usually stays at +4-7, when -1 to -3 outside.

ops this was a long post, I’m sorry, will post pics tomorrow in the pic thread to make up for my rambling

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sold on M27. I’ve applied it twice and after the first wash it’s all downhill.

Ive tried two coats and that didn’t help much. A friend of mine told me it’s hit or miss. Sometimes it lasts a few months and others a few weeks.

Both times I have applied to a polished and prepped surfaces.

I won’t be wasting my time using it on my personal car. I’ll stick with a coating for as much effort as it takes to prep with M27 needing a freshly prepped surface.

So it makes sense to use a topper with the hit or miss results.

9. Likes vobro, NORchocolate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NORchocolate View Post
    I had the same thought, basically went for M27 in the end since:

1. weather not optimal, ranges around -1 to +12 celsius this night/tommorow, not ideal condition for ceramic coating.

2. (prepped the car yesterday, with iron-x,clay, all that) using 15 hours today minus break and applying M27, so 10 hours spent comp/polishing, removed 90% deeper cuts, and 70% swirls. Not an ideal surface for a 3 year coat.

(I have a back issue, it strains fast, since my step dad hit me in the back with a metal washing pole
    seeing “red” using all muscle power because I built a blanket fort as an 8 year old, with my lil (half)-bro. Mom called police/divorced him the next day, he was abuse towards her for long, but hitting her child was the limit.) So not because of inexperience, wow first time I’ve mentioned this in years.

3. Really need to use car on Friday, and the following days.

So I figured the M27 will last me until fall, when I can get the surface 99%, weather will be better and “right before” the harsh winter as well.

4. Gives me a chance to check out the product, satisfying my curiosity

So all in all I went with the M27, though had I gotten the surface to 99%, I would probably have used the ceramic coat, and remote warmed the car with windows down for an hour, to reach +10 and hold it throughout the night as its isolated well. Garage usually stays at +4-7, when -1 to -3 outside.

ops this was a long post, I’m sorry, will post pics tomorrow in the pic thread to make up for my rambling
    Sorry to hear about that but glad to hear your mom left him. Shouldn’t lay hands on a child or a woman.

I gotta bad back too and if you don’t have a creeper, get one. Helps a ton being able to sit and move around car.

I got this one from Autogeek but looks like the don’t sell it under the speedmaster tool line but the may carry the Griots

Your back will thank you.

11. Likes NORchocolate liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, will definitely get one . The griots look sturdy, comfy, compact, and it can even “carrry things” with it, and it also seems way easier to move around with than a children’s desk chair (bought one because of its small and compact size, but soon realized it was heavy, inconvenient, and not fit to roll/move around with so much, especially around a car/in a garage.) This may almost change my joy of detailing to another level. Thank you so much again, hope you have a great day

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post