autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best pad to use with 3D one hybrid and PC 7424XP

So made some researches around here and found different conclusions.

bought a bottle of 3d one hybrid during winter time.
    This is for my 2018 black VW. Did a 2 step last year with great results but want to do a one step this time.
    Working with good old 7424XP with 5'' backing plate.

Paint is in ok condition. Maybe 8 out of 10. no deep scratches. Just the regular swirls.
    I have access to URO fiber MF pad, LC H20 tangerine pad, and the standard foam pads from LC (yellow, orange, white, etc..)

What would be the best pad to use? I'm thinking about uro-fiber currently.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best pad to use with 3D one hybrid and PC 7424XP

You do know that 3D One is pad dependent and not really a one step? It works like a compound with a cutting pad and works like a finishing polish with a finishing pad. On hard black VW paint it won't be easy to do a one step.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    You do know that 3D One is pad dependent and not really a one step? It works like a compound with a cutting pad and works like a finishing polish with a finishing pad. On hard black VW paint it won't be easy to do a one step.
    totally aware that those kind of one stepper products will give results directly related to pad choice. And that a black paint isn't a walk in the park with a one step.
    That's why I'm asking advice and tips here. I read everywhere that this product does amazing job as a one step on not too bad paint. Maybe it isn't the case with a black hard paint.

Since paint isn't destroyed and hammered I'm not looking to use it with a super aggressive wool pad. But more looking for polishing abilities than cutting.
    I also have Menzerna FG400 on hand (and 3500).

If people think that I could have better results in one step approach with FG400, please let me know.
    And maybe I can just do like last year. FG400+3500 super finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polochon View Post
    totally aware that those kind of one stepper products will give results directly related to pad choice. And that a black paint isn't a walk in the park with a one step.
    That's why I'm asking advice and tips here. I read everywhere that this product does amazing job as a one step on not too bad paint. Maybe it isn't the case with a black hard paint.

Since paint isn't destroyed and hammered I'm not looking to use it with a super aggressive wool pad. But more looking for polishing abilities than cutting.
    I also have Menzerna FG400 on hand (and 3500).

If people think that I could have better results in one step approach with FG400, please let me know.
    And maybe I can just do like last year. FG400+3500 super finish.
    Menz 400 and 3500 is a great combo and the one I would use, but since you have 3D One, do a small test section with different pads.

Post Thanks / Like

3D One with B&S Uro fiber MF pad is a great combo for med to hard paint without heavy swirls. I done many one step this way but be aware that no one step will get you to a show car finish. For the general public , it will be good enough but for the geeks here.... Not so much. Myself included.... If its a daily driver then maybe. LOL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    3D One with B&S Uro fiber MF pad is a great combo for med to hard paint without heavy swirls. I done many one step this way but be aware that no one step will get you to a show car finish. For the general public , it will be good enough but for the geeks here.... Not so much. Myself included.... If its a daily driver then maybe. LOL
    Thanks. Not looking for a show and shine car. It's my daily. I don't think I'm general public but neither super geek.

Yeah happiness always depends of reality over expectations.

I think I'll give a try to Uro-Fiber on a 2x2 panel first. Then evaluate if it meets my expectations or if the 2 steps is going to be required.
    in a two step a will probably use a yellow LC foam pad for cutting and a white for polishing. Definitely interested and curious in trying the 3D one stuff.