autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ammo Frothe vs CarPro ECH2O on Ceramic Coating

Quote Originally Posted by TBrio View Post
    Thanks for your input! ECHO has been ordered and is on the way.

So my main reasons for wanting rinseless is because 1) it can rain here so often that I don't want to do a full wash each time and 2) I'm in a townhouse so I don't have much of a driveway.

If I can rinse off the car beforehand, would that be best? And then would I apply the rinseless product on the wet car, or wait for it to dry?
    I think it's best to do on a dry car so the product can do its work properly. Additionally on a wet car you'll end up losing more of the product because the existing water will carry it away.

What method are you leaning toward when doing thisAmmo Frothe vs CarPro ECH2O on Ceramic Coating

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I think it's best to do on a dry car so the product can do its work properly. Additionally on a wet car you'll end up losing more of the product because the existing water will carry it away.

What method are you leaning toward when doing thisAmmo Frothe vs CarPro ECH2O on Ceramic Coating

Good question! Haha. I've watched a few videos and like the three part method: first is a gentle pass, then with a little more pressure, then concentrating on more areas of concern like bugs etc. To be honest, this is the first time I've ever really had a "nice" car so I'm learning as I go! I had PPF and ceramic coating done as a start. I've never done a WW before.

I've taken it in to have a few hand washes with reputable places in the area (one being the ceramic coating installer), but I just don't think I'll be as happy unless I do it myself. Keeping it cleaner with the WW is my first step in between the full washes.

Anyone advice is appreciated! I purchased the ECH20 along with 2 BOA drying towels, an empty bottle with trigger, and microfiber detergent to get me started.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question! Haha. I've watched a few videos and like the three part method: first is a gentle pass, then with a little more pressure, then concentrating on more areas of concern like bugs etc. To be honest, this is the first time I've ever really had a "nice" car so I'm learning as I go! I had PPF and ceramic coating done as a start. I've never done a WW before.

I've taken it in to have a few hand washes with reputable places in the area (one being the ceramic coating installer), but I just don't think I'll be as happy unless I do it myself. Keeping it cleaner with the WW is my first step in between the full washes.

Anyone advice is appreciated! I purchased the ECH20 along with 2 BOA drying towels, an empty bottle with trigger, and microfiber detergent to get me started.
    Welcome to the obsessionAmmo Frothe vs CarPro ECH2O on Ceramic Coating

A regular spray bottle is fine to get started but not sure what those towels are but 6 plush Eagle edgeless is where I'd start. 2 oz of solution into a 5 gallon bucket and about 3.5-4.0 gallons of water. Place the 6 plush Eagle edgeless mf towels into the bucket and them absorb the solution. While that's going on dunk your bottle into the solution and fill it up. Now your ready to start! Same thing applies here...start at the top! Spray the roof completely, more solution the better IMO so more lubricity. Then take one of your plush Eagle edgeless mf towels, wring out "a little" and fold over twice. You now have EIGHT cleaning squares. Place the mf towel down on the pre-treated section and simply drag it across. After one pass you should have a dark line of dirt. Take the towel and roll that section under leaving you with half or 2/3 of the same square and repeat. Depending upon how dirty your car is you'll get 1-3 passes per square, don't forget you've got 7 more. Once you use the entire mf towel simply place to the side, dry the section with your quality drying towel and grab another mf towel out of the solution bucket and move along the car. This allows you to use 1 bucket to wash your vehicle but there's another way.

The 2nd way involves 2 buckets (2BM) and a grit Guard in each bucket to keep the dirt at the bottom and away from your wash media. Make the same solution as you did the other way but add a grit Guard in there. The 2nd bucket should be filled about 1/2-3/4 of pure water, add the grit Guard for this bucket as well. You'll pre-treat the area but this time you'll take something like a nice grout sponge...yes. grout sponge. I like the Aqua sponge myself but any quality one will do. There's also the Big Red Sponge from Optimum. Dunk it in the solution and maybe wring out "a little bit" and slowly go back and forth across the section your working on. At anytime you think the sponge is getting dirty simply flip it over and keep going. Then take the sponge, dunk it in the pure water bucket, rubbing against the grit Guard to clean the sponge, pushing down on it while on the grit Guard. Then take the sponge and get it back into the solution and move along the car, drying each section as you move along...ofcoarse.

Any questions Ammo Frothe vs CarPro ECH2O on Ceramic Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your input! ECHO has been ordered and is on the way.

So my main reasons for wanting rinseless is because 1) it can rain here so often that I don't want to do a full wash each time and 2) I'm in a townhouse so I don't have much of a driveway.

If I can rinse off the car beforehand, would that be best? And then would I apply the rinseless product on the wet car, or wait for it to dry?
    If you can rinse off I personally would. PW would be even better. The more dirt you can rinse off before wiping a damp towel across the less chance of marring you have. Even with perfect rinseless washing techniques theirs a chance.

They’ll be so little water left but if you think it might dilute product a tad stronger.

Don’t forget the presoak.

Water is a lubricant. The more lubrication the better. the better. Good luck with the Ech20 it’s a great product just needs more buffing than most waterless products i use.

I’ll be trying it as a rinseless Weds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Klasse Act, Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    If you can rinse off I personally would. PW would be even better. The more dirt you can rinse off before wiping a damp towel across the less chance of marring you have. Even with perfect rinseless washing techniques theirs a chance.

They’ll be so little water left but if you think it might dilute product a tad stronger.

Don’t forget the presoak.

Water is a lubricant. The more lubrication the better. the better. Good luck with the Ech20 it’s a great product just needs more buffing than most waterless products i use.

I’ll be trying it as a rinseless Weds.

When you try ECH2O as a RW are you using a grout sponge and 2 buckets or single bucket with multiple plush edgeless mf towelsAmmo Frothe vs CarPro ECH2O on Ceramic Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    When you try ECH2O as a RW are you using a grout sponge and 2 buckets or single bucket with multiple plush edgeless mf towelsAmmo Frothe vs CarPro ECH2O on Ceramic Coating

Single multiple towels. Tried sponges, just not a fan.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ECH20 is a nice product. I'm not sure that it is substantially better than Duragloss rinseless wash. I'm not sure that SIO2 in soap isn't a bit of a gimmick.

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    ECH20 is a nice product. I'm not sure that it is substantially better than Duragloss rinseless wash. I'm not sure that SIO2 in soap isn't a bit of a gimmick.
    The SiO2 is not there for protection. It’s for gloss enhancement. It’s not well known but EcH20 contains carnauba. That’s where the slickness comes from.

12. Thanks Klasse Act, Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The SiO2 is not there for protection. It’s for gloss enhancement. It’s not well known but EcH20 contains carnauba. That’s where the slickness comes from.
    I didn't know this at all, thank you! Can you check out my 75th anniversary TW thread and chime inAmmo Frothe vs CarPro ECH2O on Ceramic Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You’re blowing my mind lately, Guz. Carnauba in EcH2O. Silica in Beadmaker.

Does Souveran Paste have Graphene in it?!?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123