autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Creams vs Wolfgang's Total Swirl Remover and Polishing Glaze

I picked the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover and Polishing Glaze and plan on using that this time around.

I am seeing a lot of love for Griot's products. I don't intend on second guessing and changing gears this time around, but I'm still very interested to see what all y'all's thoughts are on the two.

It looks like Griot has a Fast Correcting Cream, a regular Correcting Cream, and a Perfecting Cream.

In regards to the three Griot products, the regular correcting cream is probably similar to the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover and the Perfecting Cream is like the Wolfgang Polishing Glaze. It looks like Griot's Fast Correcting cream is more aggressive than what I'm going with first time around.

If you've used both, i'd be curious as to what your experience was like with both. Do you have a preference?

Thanks folks, I'm here to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Creams vs Wolfgang's Total Swirl Remover and Polishing Glaze

I've never used Griot's polishes before, but I have used Wolfgang TSR and their FG.

TSR never lived up to my expectations, not once. FG was OK. Menzerna always came out better on test spots. In my mind, I'd gravitate to Griots given your choices.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both. They are all great products but I think the Griot's Boss creams are better. Actually, I really like Fast Correcting Cream and Correcting Cream but the Perfecting Cream was not my favorite so I would favor the Griot's for more correction and Finishing Glaze for a fine polish (that's based on the options you asked about, if we could choose anything I would definitely pick CarPro Essence as my fine polish, that product is just so awesome).

You don't need to second guess your choice, you'll do well with the Wolfgang products. TSR and FG are pretty good.
    Bruno Soares

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the other companies (beside AutoGeek) under the Palm Beach Motoring Group had a 2017 chart listing polish and compounds of various products for many manufacturers in order of aggressiveness on a scale of 0 to 10 with 10 the most aggressive. This is very helpful in comparing various products.

Here's the Griot product listings:
    Complete Polish - 3
    Boss Perfecting Cream - 4
    Boss Correcting Cream - 6
    Complete Compound - 8
    Boss Fast Correcting Cream - 9

Here's the Wolfgang listings:
    Finish Glaze - 3
    Total Swirl Remover - 7
    Uber Compound - 10

Since the chart was from 2017, some products may have been replaced or updated since, but I know the WG products still exist and should be accurate as listed.

6. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used the griots yellow bottle Complete Compound and Polish. Both work well but the polish can be a bit difficult to remove on occasion. The surprise for me was Mothers CMX 3 in 1 polish with a Griots fast finishing MF pad. Left a very nice looking finish and long working time.