autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz and Glassparency Questions

I recently had CQuartz ceramic coating done on my 2020 Porsche Cayenne. Also had GlassParency done on all of the glass. This is the first time I've done anything "extra" to a car and I have a few questions. With the rain here in Washington, I already drove the car in the rain the day of picking it up. I went out at the end of a hail storm, so drove in some light hail then light rain for 20 minutes on backroads and the freeway.

- Because of the hydrophobic properties of the ceramic coating and GlassParency, I was hoping the back of the car would get less dirty and have less water marks. I know the angles of the back may make it hard for the water to run off the car as opposed to other areas. Am I expecting too much with the back staying "cleaner"? Pictures attached for reference.

- While driving in the rain, my front wipers started to shudder. I know this can happen when CQuartz is applied to glass, but they were supposed to have done GlassParency. I couldn't find anything about this online. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CQuartz and Glassparency Questions-img_2722-jpg   CQuartz and Glassparency Questions-img_2721-jpg   CQuartz and Glassparency Questions-inkedimg_2720_li-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz and Glassparency Questions

Live in WA (Auburn) and no what your dealing with. Unfortunately the air flow from driving will “clean” the beads off at speed but won’t touch the back.

It will how ever be easier to clean so maybe try wiping down after a good rain with a rinseless or waterless wash.

I like Ammo Frothe for this type of clean up.

As for your glass coating, window shudder can be a problem but not one I’d accept if i paid for a glass coating. I would talk to the installer and see if they have a solution or can redo.

Any questions more than glad to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes bob m liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Live in WA (Auburn) and no what your dealing with. Unfortunately the air flow from driving will “clean” the beads off at speed but won’t touch the back.

It will how ever be easier to clean so maybe try wiping down after a good rain with a rinseless or waterless wash.

I like Ammo Frothe for this type of clean up.

As for your glass coating, window shudder can be a problem but not one I’d accept if i paid for a glass coating. I would talk to the installer and see if they have a solution or can redo.

Any questions more than glad to help!

Thanks for your help. That makes sense about the air flow and not being able to flow off the back in the same way.

Do you use/is it safe to use Ammo Frothe on ceramic coating? A rinseless wash would be very handy, especially since I’m in a townhome so don’t have much of a driveway for a full wash.

I’ll give the installer a call tomorrow about the window shudder. I’m sure I’ll be driving in the rain again soon and would like it resolved before then!

Post Thanks / Like

FROTHe or a rinseless wash will be fine on a coated car.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah what Bsoares said. Use alot of MF towels and you’ll be good.

If you go Frothe route watch Larry Kosilla’s video on it. It will show you how to use safely.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah what Bsoares said. Use alot of MF towels and you’ll be good.

If you go Frothe route watch Larry Kosilla’s video on it. It will show you how to use safely.

Thanks very much for the info! I'll buy it and watch the video beforehand.

Also thinking of reaching out to a few reputable mobile car washes/detailers in the area. Any questions you recommend asking them to see if they will be careful when it comes to washing with a ceramic coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TBrio View Post

Also thinking of reaching out to a few reputable mobile car washes/detailers in the area. Any questions you recommend asking them to see if they will be careful when it comes to washing with a ceramic coating?
    If you are doing it buy some Wolfgang Uber SiO2 rinseless, it will be easy to use, and of course you can buy it here from AG.

Lots of mobile detailers but check out the website of the the-ida.com, any of the members listed with their CD/SV designations would be my first pick!

As to the chatter on the windshield I really think you should contact the company that applied it. I run glassparency and have had no issues but I did let it cure overnight. Often windshield chatter is the wiper blades are dirty or worse they allow some of the coating to harden on the blade. Ask them to verify those issues.

Enjoy the coating, and yes the rear will always hold on the blowback from the road. It is an easy wash with the coating, especially with a gentle rinseless method.

Post Thanks / Like

Try taking a little glass cleaner on a towel and clean your blades. See if that helps. I had glassparency at one point and didn't have that issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TBrio View Post

I would ask what their process is. If they at minimum don’t mention a two bucket wash i’d pass. If they rinseless again i wouldn’t pay for that as a service.

Most aren’t going to take the care most of us here would as we tend to overkill.