autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Those who experience snow.

for the ease of use, POWER WASH to clean, allow to dry and hammer it with FLUID FILM or the like. then when weather allows, a good hot wash cleans it right off

Post Thanks / Like

I'm dealing with it right now. I am heading to the local coin op self serve and blast all of the crud off of the vehicle. Then it will get a rinseless wash in the driveway when I get home.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

Post Thanks / Like

Coin op when warm enough. If it gets into the 40s I've been known to bust out the power washer, do a legit wash. Then I cry when I have to go somewhere because I live off of a dirt road. The warm weather makes that a soupy mess for awhile.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

It’s 30 degrees and a perfect day for the coin op and a rinseless wash with Griots Brilliant Finish rinseless. I actually prefer Wolfgang Uber as it rinses and wipes away more cleanly. I previously coated the wheels with Griots 3 in 1 and the grime rinsed right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

5. Likes acuRAS82, Jayfro, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, it's a touchless car wash with an undercarriage spray, then directly home for a rinseless (ONR) wash and 25 minutes or so on wheels and tires. I used to do this a couple of times a month, but now that I've retired from my career, my driving is down by 75% right now, and I've only done this twice in 2021. Works well for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Those who experience snow.

Yeah if you got a touchless with undercarriage sprayer go for it. I would re apply LSp in spring if using those though. The detergents Can wreak havoc on LSP’s

After the touchless i prefer to waterless wash and dry. If you’ve got salt and such look into Ammo frothe with their Boost winter wash. Designed to neutralize winter road salts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Like many responses so far, I do very little. Winter is the "dark time" when my vehicles are perpetually dirty for months on end.

When temperatures get above freezing and I know I can get the car washed and home before it would freeze up, I go through the touchless car wash with underbody spray. Until then the car is simply dirty and stays that way until conditions improve.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy that I've done the good work before the snow. The car gets dirty for sure, but if it ends up just raining the car looks pretty good. My wheels look like trash, though. Job #1 in the spring is a wheels-off cleaning and coating.

The last 4 years here in CT have been pretty manageable. But this entire Februrary has been a trainwreck. We might see mid 50's by Saturday. If so, I will definitely do a wash. My last was I believe was early or mid November. Yikes!

Post Thanks / Like

We hit the high 50's here yesterday so I quickly washed my car when I got home from work. I had to finish it in the dark, so it is not my finest work by any stretch, but the salt has been washed off and my wheels are no longer black with brake dust and road grime. I'm happy for now.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Finally calling for some decent temps this weekend. So a proper wash is in the books...
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast