autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

cleaner for undercarriage

I've got a pressure washer and ordered an undercarriage attachment. I live in MD where I have to deal with a lot of salt on the roads. Can i get away with just using water or do i need an APC or other cleaner? I searched multiple forums and there are a million APC's that people suggest. I just want something to rinse salt/mud and not damage the undersurface. Also something simple that I don't have to dilute would be great. I get nervous thinking about diluting because i don't want to do damage. I have simple green lying around.

Can i get away with:
    water alone?
    car wash soap via a foam cannon or the pressure washer?
    or hand spray an APC spray bottle that i can then rinse off?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, but really looking for what product is easiest/cheapest to use. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cleaner for undercarriage

I'd try Pearl from P&Scleaner for undercarriage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. So could i get away with any reputable car shampoo (i have some chemical guys soap)?

Post Thanks / Like

Anything will work because your just trying to keep it clean, the effort is worth itcleaner for undercarriage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeak View Post
    Thanks. So could i get away with any reputable car shampoo (i have some chemical guys soap)?
    I can not see where it would hurt. P&S Pearl shampoo is an excellent, under the radar car soap. For undercarriage washing, I might be inclined to try a product like AutoFoam from Bilt Hamber. It has outstanding cleaning power, and also corrosion preventatives (I believe).

Post Thanks / Like

Im in a similar boat as OP, but I don’t have the nice tools: pressure washer, undercarriage attachment. I need to do SOMETHING though. I’m thinking maybe spray an APC, hose rinse, spray Feynlab Pure Rinseless (strong Rinseless wash), hose rinse. Unfortunately I don’t have a foam gun of any type (only an IK Foam sprayer) to use a regular wash and I have no plan of agitating with a sponge.

I’ll also be jacking up one side of the card with a hydraulic garage jack to get the spray and rinses done since I don’t have a nifty undercarriage attachment.

Anyone have any better recommendations than the APC/strong RW/hose rinse method I’m planning?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Im in a similar boat as OP, but I don’t have the nice tools: pressure washer, undercarriage attachment. I need to do SOMETHING though. I’m thinking maybe spray an APC, hose rinse, spray Feynlab Pure Rinseless (strong Rinseless wash), hose rinse. Unfortunately I don’t have a foam gun of any type (only an IK Foam sprayer) to use a regular wash and I have no plan of agitating with a sponge.

I’ll also be jacking up one side of the card with a hydraulic garage jack to get the spray and rinses done since I don’t have a nifty undercarriage attachment.

Anyone have any better recommendations than the APC/strong RW/hose rinse method I’m planning?

PM sent

8. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeak View Post
    I've got a pressure washer and ordered an undercarriage attachment. I live in MD where I have to deal with a lot of salt on the roads. Can i get away with just using water or do i need an APC or other cleaner? I searched multiple forums and there are a million APC's that people suggest. I just want something to rinse salt/mud and not damage the undersurface. Also something simple that I don't have to dilute would be great. I get nervous thinking about diluting because i don't want to do damage. I have simple green lying around.

Can i get away with:
    water alone?
    car wash soap via a foam cannon or the pressure washer?
    or hand spray an APC spray bottle that i can then rinse off?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, but really looking for what product is easiest/cheapest to use. Thanks.
    I have an electric washer that has a reservoir for soap ( not at the tip of the nozzle) and I also have an undercarriage attachment. I filled the reservoir with a strong pre-wash solution (powerclean, 3D pre-rinse, or purple power vehicle and boat soap) and utilize the carriage attachment to get to all the nasty bits underneath. Let it dwell for a little bit then power-rinse it down using the same carriage attachment with water. If it is really bad... I would use the carriage attachment and try to knock off the big chunks first then proceed as stated above.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the poor man's method. I just spray my APC all over the undercarriage. Then rinse with a strong jet of water.

I was going to order the UNDERWASHER. A tool that you hook up to your regular water hose. But i think they are long out of business. Too bad.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    I use the poor man's method. I just spray my APC all over the undercarriage. Then rinse with a strong jet of water.

I was going to order the UNDERWASHER. A tool that you hook up to your regular water hose. But i think they are long out of business. Too bad.
    PM sent

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast