autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

do not want to drive my clean van ?

I do not know if I am crazy...sick or whatever,but now that I have completley detailed my 2019 oddessy I just want to keep it parked so I can have a really clean car....Am I alone here ( LOL ) ? Anybody else have this problem ? I am really grateful to this forum and all the mem bers who contribute.I am just recovering from shgoulder replacement and am now able to properly care for my vehicles....so thanks for all the hints,tips and product reviews.I will try to figure out how to post photos later
    THANK YOU AUTO GEEK !!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: do not want to drive my clean van ?

There is something wrong with youdo not want to drive my clean van ?, JK. You should be looking forward to driving it and getting it a little dirty so you can do it all over again. However, after all the work and recovering from an injury I agree. Now get that beast outside and let the world see what you can do. Who knows it may be an advertisement for your new line of work. do not want to drive my clean van ?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda "tounge in cheek" really I am just trying to avoid the salt and brine the city puts down,here in Baltimore.I do enjoy the work and find all the time spent as "time well spent" I also find the act itself to be extremly theraputic.I have a small auto shop specializing in small asian cars.I do not wish to detail wash or clean anyone elses car as a side buisness I want to "save " my shoulders for my own stuff.
    Thank you for the reply

4. Likes IH8SPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zefer View Post
    I also find the act itself to be extremly theraputic.
    And it makes me sleep better at night.

Post Thanks / Like

you will get away from that. I used to be like that now its "sweet! get to use more products to get that off"
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly what you mean... To your point and even a little farther, last week I detailed my motorcycle.

My garage is a little on the small size for a two-car garage as I stole some of the space (3 1/2' of the width) to make a separate laundry room. I can still fit my truck and two motorcycles in the garage but the working space is a little tight.

Ideally, for detailing my bike I would pull the truck outside to give myself plenty of work around space and even allow me to use my bike lift. Instead I crawled around on the floor with only about 2-3 feet on each side of the bike simply because I didn't want my perfectly clean truck sitting outside while I detailed the bike.

We are all a little crazy in our own ways LOL.

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not know if I am crazy...sick or whatever,but now that I have completley detailed my 2019 oddessy I just want to keep it parked so I can have a really clean car....Am I alone here ( LOL ) ? Anybody else have this problem ? I am really grateful to this forum and all the mem bers who contribute.I am just recovering from shgoulder replacement and am now able to properly care for my vehicles....so thanks for all the hints,tips and product reviews.I will try to figure out how to post photos later
    THANK YOU AUTO GEEK !!
    Before I determine if there is anything wrong with you, I have to ask you a question......after you finished, how many times did you go back out and look at it?

Post Thanks / Like

at least 6 times.....i can never walk away from my car or bike without looking back at least once ! I have heard it said that if you go into your garage and or shop.....turn on the lights and smile...then you have the right car,bike and or gear....I have not stopped smiling for years !

Post Thanks / Like

at least 6 times.....i can never walk away from my car or bike without looking back at least once ! I have heard it said that if you go into your garage and or shop.....turn on the lights and smile...then you have the right car,bike and or gear....I have not stopped smiling for years !
    At least 6 times? By my standards, you are normal.

Post Thanks / Like

Just reiterating what we all go through... I always wanted to “save” my cleaned vehicles especially early in my hobby because it seemed like a lot of work. But then I realize the satisfaction of driving the shiny car out and about and then the cycle of doing the therapeutic cleaning again later... and seems I get faster and more efficient as time goes by.

If I do a detail and I have another dirty car in the driveway, I may save the clean vehicle for a dry period or for a date night or for a family trip and use the dirty car for any lone trips to the grocery store or something. Try to get a meaningful trip out of the cleaned vehicle, if convenient.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast