autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic coating on my Race car (dragster)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb2377 View Post
    It is slick mist so I won't use it for clay bar lube. How about using it after the coating? You are correct on the polish, it is the surface cleansing polish.
    Using Slick Mist won’t hurt the coating but has potential to mask its’ positive benefits. With that said, I would get used to the coating for at least a few weeks, then try an application of Slick Mist and see if it changes the beading or self-cleaning in a negative way. If not and you like it, you can keep using it and continue to watch and decide if the spray wax is negatively impacting performance after regular use.

Many on here don’t top coatings with spray wax/sealants, but it’s your car and I’ve seen spray sealants that dont seem to impact the coating performance.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Using Slick Mist won’t hurt the coating but has potential to mask its’ positive benefits. With that said, I would get used to the coating for at least a few weeks, then try an application of Slick Mist and see if it changes the beading or self-cleaning in a negative way. If not and you like it, you can keep using it and continue to watch and decide if the spray wax is negatively impacting performance after regular use.

Many on here don’t top coatings with spray wax/sealants, but it’s your car and I’ve seen spray sealants that dont seem to impact the coating performance.
    I will just go with the PBL Diamond Detailer. This stuff is not cheap so trying to save a couple bucks doesn't make sense.

Post Thanks / Like

I will just go with the PBL Diamond Detailer. This stuff is not cheap so trying to save a couple bucks doesn't make sense.
    My advice: get WG SiO2 Rinseless Wash, it’s a concentrate. Use that for all your WW/QD needs, it’s a great value and it’s within the PBMG family. It leaves behind a little gloss but not as substantial as Slick Mist and more geared toward being used on a coating. You can use it all the time between your rare washes and use heavily and it’s not going to cost you much because one bottle makes numerous gallons.

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash

4. Thanks tonyb2377 thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    My advice: get WG SiO2 Rinseless Wash, it’s a concentrate. Use that for all your WW/QD needs, it’s a great value and it’s within the PBMG family. It leaves behind a little gloss but not as substantial as Slick Mist and more geared toward being used on a coating. You can use it all the time between your rare washes and use heavily and it’s not going to cost you much because one bottle makes numerous gallons.

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash
    Yep, I use it all the time for a rinseless wash, panel spray prewash, and drying aid. The SiO2 leaves a nice bit of protection too as beading is consistent and constant even over and above Gyeon CanCoat (ceramic lite coating).

6. Likes tonyb2377 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash is perfect for my application. One thing that is really not a concern is water beading. If it's raining the car goes in the trailer, we don't race in the rain. I do have to deal with other things that I think the ceramic coating will help with is the nasty water from the burnout box and the rubber on the underside of my wing. I usually wipe the underside of the wing down with a spray lube from Joe Gibbs that really doesn't leave a residue but keeps the rubber from caking on the wing. I am hoping the PBL products do the same.

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally got my car back together and was able to clay bar, use PBL cleansing polish, a coat of surface coating then paint coating. It looks amazing! I'll get a couple pics on Wed when I have it out in the sun to load. We head to Vegas on Friday then to Texas for a month racing.

Mike Phillips

I finally got my car back together and was able to clay bar, use PBL cleansing polish, a coat of surface coating then paint coating.

It looks amazing!

I'll get a couple pics on Wed when I have it out in the sun to load. We head to Vegas on Friday then to Texas for a month racing.

Thanks for the update and glad to hear your dragster is looking good! If you like, I'm happy to help get some great pictures into this thread. Simply send me a few via email and I'll do the rest.

mike.phillips@autogeek.net

Also - sorry for my lack of communication and instruction, it's not a huge deal though. Normally you would,

Clay
    PBL Cleansing Lotion
    Paint Coating
    Top with the Surface Coating

Nice products huh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12