autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pads for Milwaukee 7" Polisher

I just got a Milwaukee 7" Polisher, and I'm looking to get some pads for it since I unfortunately have a ton of 6.5" pads for my GG6. I was suggested by some to just use a 6.5" HDO pad for the polisher since the edges actually line up well with the 7" backer. However, I also saw that Lake Country has 7.5 and 8.5" Smart Pads, and the 8.5" is designed for 7" backers.

Anyone have a suggestion for what to get? Tempted to just do the 8.5" CCS pads so I can get a 6 pack.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pads for Milwaukee 7" Polisher

Whatever pad brand you are comfortable with, go with that. Personally I'd just buy a smaller backing pad and use the pads I have.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    Whatever pad brand you are comfortable with, go with that. Personally I'd just buy a smaller backing pad and use the pads I have.
    Great response.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    I've thought about it, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting a larger pad for time efficiency. I don't know why, but it takes me absolutely forever to wax my Accord with the current pads. Since the HDO pads are designed for long throw orbital polishers, is there any chance that the Milwaukee rotary will chew through the HDO? It's been a while since I've looked at detailing stuff since I've been without power access for years at my new apartment, part of the reason why I got the Milwaukee. I'm entirely out of the loop!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I've thought about it, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting a larger pad for time efficiency. I don't know why, but it takes me absolutely forever to wax my Accord with the current pads. Since the HDO pads are designed for long throw orbital polishers, is there any chance that the Milwaukee rotary will chew through the HDO? It's been a while since I've looked at detailing stuff since I've been without power access for years at my new apartment, part of the reason why I got the Milwaukee. I'm entirely out of the loop!
    My thoughts are generally like this... a pad is a pad. Regardless of being "designed for a specific use", most pads are interchangeable from machine to machine and will function in a variety of environments.

Obviously some will perform better than others on specific type machines, but any of them will work to some degree. The only way to know for sure is to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    My thoughts are generally like this... a pad is a pad. Regardless of being "designed for a specific use", most pads are interchangeable from machine to machine and will function in a variety of environments.

Obviously some will perform better than others on specific type machines, but any of them will work to some degree. The only way to know for sure is to try.
    That makes sense! I'll just grab a 6-pack of the CCS Smart Pads since I am already familiar with CCS tech. Excited to finally get back to detailing my car again.