autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting BF One Step out of pads

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    I typically soak them in the sink with warm water and dawn, squeezing them to push out the residue , afterwards I throw them in the washing machine with a safe detergent (forgot which one). This works for me.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    With AIO's (like BF One-Step or 3D Speed) I will spray them with pad cleaner, agitate with a pad cleaning brush, then throw them in a bucket of 3D Towel Kleen solution to soak after I am done using them. Then they go inside for a good Dawn scrub-n-squeeze session as mentioned above.

Like 2black1s mentioned, with straight polishes/compounds, the pad cleaner/brush and Towel Kleen bucket soak is usually all they need.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks gang for the continued advice!

Yeah, as much as I'd love to have pads dedicated for a sole purpose, I'm far too recreational in this field for that. So, another round of cleaning it is.

The next time the pads are used, it's either going to be BF One Step again, or one of the BOSS creams; I'll just have to take solace that whatever protection element that hangs onto the pad isn't likely to interfere that much with what hits the pad next. I find it hard to believe there will be any abrasives left after all the cleaning cycles!

Since the pads have been sitting, I might start with a spray/massage with the Foaming Surface Prep. Rinse, Then go for a hot water round with Dawn since it sounds like folks haven't had a nightmare of a time getting it to rinse clean. If I can stand to look at the pads after that, maybe a quick round through a bucket with vinegar before a final rinse.

I've got enough pads that I might try a few different approaches and see what works best. I'll report back for sure!

I've got most of a gallon left of the Griot's cleaner to get through, but I'll keep the alternatives in mind for next time I place an order!

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another great thing about BOSS creams besides the way they work, is that they are really easy to clean out of pads.

The pic above was of one of my LC flat pads that was sprayed with McKee’s polishing pad cleaner, agitated with a pad brush, then left to soak in the 3D Towel Kleen solution.
    This pad was soaking for about 10 minutes. You can see all of the Fast Correcting Cream residue in the bucket. The pad was virtually 100% clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes oneheadlite, Thomkirby liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12