autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash question

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    If you're using a single wash mitt or sponge I think it's absurd not to use two buckets unless your car is already pretty clean. I know all the old ONR marketing talks about flocculation and pulling dirt to the bottom but who is really rinsing their wash mitt/sponge so gently you're not kicking up dirt? My hot take is those who use a single bucket + BRS are usually staying on top of washing their car so there's never a ton of dirt floating around to begin with, and it has less to do with the magical properties of ONR (not that ONR isn't great!). Change my mind

Also I think if we're getting nitty-gritty you can't look at this stuff in isolation and just as important is what you're doing before you touch the car (rinse/pre-soak/touch-free tunnel/worx hydroshot/praying to the car wash gods)
    The very 1st time I did a rinseless wash I did it with 1 bucket w/grit guard and a wash mitt as per the directions.

Midway through the vehicle I wound up dumping my 5 gallon bucket because the whole thing looked like mud and I was like “hell nah that can’t be safe”.Rinseless wash questionlol.

2. Likes Klasse Act, DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I’m with you - after using ONR, I was never really convinced the dirt in the bucket was doing anything different compared to any other wash solution I’ve used.

ONR was fine, but I stopped using it after it seemed like dirt/grunge was sticking to the car more than before I was using it. I still use it for cleaning underhood plastics at work as well as doing the hard floors at home. This is the “classic” formula that was all the rage when I joined, not the updated formula.
    Not sure what's going on there because I've been doing RW/WW's for almost 9 yrs now and my paint NEVER EVER looked dirty after using either type of product. The only thing I can think of is you don't have a good base of protection laid down but still, clean is clean!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    2nd bucket is not required but....where are you throwing the used MF towels?

Ok, I crawl back under my rock now!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    I hang mine on the dogs.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Not sure what's going on there because I've been doing RW/WW's for almost 9 yrs now and my paint NEVER EVER looked dirty after using either type of product. The only thing I can think of is you don't have a good base of protection laid down but still, clean is clean!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I might not have been clear what I meant - I meant the car would get dirtier sooner after an ONR wash than a different wash, not that washing with ONR would make it dirty!

Kinda like how after using Wolfgang Uber Rinseless the car accumulates dust faster than any of the other RW’s I’ve used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Kinda like how after using Wolfgang Uber Rinseless the car accumulates dust faster than any of the other RW’s I’ve used.
    I guess I never noticed this. I'll have to try skipping it as a drying aid and see if I see a difference.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456