autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash question

I agree the multiple MF's logically make the most sense. I don't even use grit guards and multiple buckets when I do a contact wash. I just rinse the mitt in between panels. I know a lot of people use the BRS with other RW's so if they don't have the same 'water ionic' feature (I googled it lol) how can it still work ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    I agree the multiple MF's logically make the most sense. I don't even use grit guards and multiple buckets when I do a contact wash. I just rinse the mitt in between panels. I know a lot of people use the BRS with other RW's so if they don't have the same 'water ionic' feature (I googled it lol) how can it still work ?
    Using a Grit Guard in both the wash AND rinse bucket is proven to be the most safe method for washing your vehicle. The Grit Guard acts as a wash board for your wash Mitt and keeps the dirt away from the mitt when continually going back in during the wash process. No matter how careful you are, dirt is still circulating around, the Grit Guard AND 2nd rinse bucket ensures a much safer wash.

Give it a tryRinseless wash questionRinseless wash question

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do RWs but I do use a fresh mitt per panel. I never had the need to have buckets or grit guards.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

2nd bucket is not required but....where are you throwing the used MF towels?

Ok, I crawl back under my rock now!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use mitts with a traditonal wash and I usually put my used mitts in my utility sink (I wash inside my garage)
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    A rinseless wash is a good option only after a blast from the power rinse at the local coin op self serve. As long as the sun is out, I’ll use the Worx Hydroshot first.
    "Dirt that's gone can't scratch"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with their directions but hear me out. Yes the dirt goes to the bottom, ofcoarse, but even so a grit guard is needed as well as a second rinse bucket with a grit guard for that bucket for the safest wash. This applies to using the grout sponge but when using multiple mf towels in the wash solution bucket, no grit guard or 2nd bucket is needed because your pulling a fresh and clean mf towel out everytime and putting aside when its dirty.

Thoughts Rinseless wash question

If you're using a single wash mitt or sponge I think it's absurd not to use two buckets unless your car is already pretty clean. I know all the old ONR marketing talks about flocculation and pulling dirt to the bottom but who is really rinsing their wash mitt/sponge so gently you're not kicking up dirt? My hot take is those who use a single bucket + BRS are usually staying on top of washing their car so there's never a ton of dirt floating around to begin with, and it has less to do with the magical properties of ONR (not that ONR isn't great!). Change my mind

Also I think if we're getting nitty-gritty you can't look at this stuff in isolation and just as important is what you're doing before you touch the car (rinse/pre-soak/touch-free tunnel/worx hydroshot/praying to the car wash gods)

9. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way i do rinseless washes is with 12 microfiber towels. if truck is to dirty go to car wash use pressure washer setting and rinse off first. tried the rag co. black sponge thought i could save on laundry. I didn't like it had 1 bucket with solution 1 bucket with water and grit guard &washboard. I also used rinseless solution pre spray. I saw fine scratches that i didn't see after i did it with the towels. so i will stick with having more laundry to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'd NEVER use a single bucket when using my Aqua aponge....EVER! Single bucket ONLY when doing the GD method, periodRinseless wash question

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes DetailZeus, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    If you're using a single wash mitt or sponge I think it's absurd not to use two buckets unless your car is already pretty clean. I know all the old ONR marketing talks about flocculation and pulling dirt to the bottom but who is really rinsing their wash mitt/sponge so gently you're not kicking up dirt? My hot take is those who use a single bucket + BRS are usually staying on top of washing their car so there's never a ton of dirt floating around to begin with, and it has less to do with the magical properties of ONR (not that ONR isn't great!). Change my mind

I’m with you - after using ONR, I was never really convinced the dirt in the bucket was doing anything different compared to any other wash solution I’ve used.

ONR was fine, but I stopped using it after it seemed like dirt/grunge was sticking to the car more than before I was using it. I still use it for cleaning underhood plastics at work as well as doing the hard floors at home. This is the “classic” formula that was all the rage when I joined, not the updated formula.

14. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast