autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Graphene

Hey guys,

So I was looking at the Turtle Wax products, and when I think about it - if I apply a base coat of the liquid graphene wax and then maintain with the flex wax as a drying aid during my weekly washes - as long as I do the flex wax drying aid every time - does that mean that protection will last as long as I keep applying it? in other words - forever?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Graphene

"Forever" is quite a term but I know this, doing what you said, that base coat isn't going to get too much of a work out so GO FOR IT! What base product are you looking to lay down?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically I thought about trying To The Max Wax as the base, and the flex wax as a drying aid every wash.

edit: a friend of mine who detailed our Lancia Delta before (2014 Model btw) with Nasiol ceramic coating offered me a 5 year option he just got, called the VL272. In his opinion it's currently the best ceramic coating available in our country, and one of the best in the world. so maybe that as a base and maintained with flex wax will give me that ridiculous protection I'm looking for my Abarth? Nasiol coatings are super super super slick.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are right about the Max Wax base and Graphene Flex spray wax. Your car should always be protected if you keep adding Flex layers. You probably just want to polish to remove grime and defects and redo the Max Wax yearly or a frequency you feel comfortable with.

As for the coating, never heard of that brand, but so would take the “best” all with a grain of salt. Every brand and every installer claims to be the best.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel346 View Post
    Basically I thought about trying To The Max Wax as the base, and the flex wax as a drying aid every wash.

edit: a friend of mine who detailed our Lancia Delta before (2014 Model btw) with Nasiol ceramic coating offered me a 5 year option he just got, called the VL272. In his opinion it's currently the best ceramic coating available in our country, and one of the best in the world. so maybe that as a base and maintained with flex wax will give me that ridiculous protection I'm looking for my Abarth? Nasiol coatings are super super super slick.
    Pics of the Delta and Abarth pleaseTurtle Wax Graphene

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the TW Hybrid Ceramic Wet Wax to maintain a base of the Hybrid Polish / Spray Coating (as much as possible in the NE Winter), and am pretty happy with it. Would switching to the Flex Wax as a topper be an improvement in any way? It seems like the gloss might be a bit better from the reviews I've seen(?), but what about protection / durability (truck lives outside)? I guess I'm asking how the Flex products compare to or work with the Hybrid Ceramic line.

Also, my new truck in the new Ford Antimatter Blue, which is VERY dark (almost black) with a blue metallic flake. I'd like to try and bring out the flake a bit more. Would the Flex Wax help with this, or any other tips? (I can take this question to a new topic if it's too far OT.)

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I was watching Pan's video on TW Flex and there are two instances in that video where there is major streaking on the hood. The guy buffed it out, but it was much more than I had thought there would be.

Skip to 14:00-14:25.

NEW Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax !! (EXCLUSIVE REVIEW!) - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

I just used the Flex Wax (2 coats, 12 hours apart) on my wife's new to her Escape over top of the Hybrid Solutions Polish & Wax. I used a mf applicator to apply the FW and used the 'damp towel / dry towel' removal method. The car which is Ruby Red came out awesome, NO streaks or smears. This should be a good test vehicle as her cars don't usually receive the same amount of attention as the Camaro does, so I guess we'll find out how well the Flex Wax holds up.

2013 Ford Escape
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

10. Likes acuRAS82, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still use their Ceramic line. Base coat of polish & wax. Then wet wax after each wash. See no reason to change at this point. But the new flex wax as my attention.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

12. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wet Wax is a sleeper product! The problem right now is there's so many new, great products that it's easy to to "take your eye off the ball" and see what's next, this is me but in the case of Wet Wax I did buy a 2nd bottle and love the stuff! There's alot of drying aids out there but this one really has some substance to it, literally and figuratively Turtle Wax GrapheneTurtle Wax Graphene

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

14. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast