autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Overwhelmed With Options (New Car Protection)

Oh and if I could redo it I’d pour the BF iron remover product in a better spray bottle, that thing was beyond garbage. Also I would wear gloves, I’m inexperienced so knew I’d be learning, but passing this along to whoever may be the next guy like me ��

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RNR89JV View Post
    Well I figured why not just post an update here on progress. Too many interruptions and other tasks to make much headway but I did however accomplish a good wash, BF iron decon, and another wash before bringing it in the garage for next week to take the G9 and BF one step to it. back to uniform I didn’t spend much scrub time on it.
    Suggest doing a waterless wash or heavy QD wipe prior starting the G9, since dust likely will settle in this amount of time.

3. Thanks RNR89JV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Suggest doing a waterless wash or heavy QD wipe prior starting the G9, since dust likely will settle in this amount of time.
    Is a waterless wash again a bit overkill or is this standard practice prior to using a AIO when i've let the vehicle sit in my garage for a week? I was honestly planning to do a quick wipe down with a microfiber or two with some optimum no rinse diluted just to be a lubricant in a spray bottle.

Edit: in an effort to keep the title of this thread relative and ongoing to someone like myself reading through forums for answers and starting items. I've found myself with the following items so far from all the advice/tips/and research here on AGO. Next on my list is to address a trim cleaner and sealant along with leather cleaner/conditioner from BF or WG.

Griot's G9 BLACKFIRE One Step Fundamentals Kit

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber protectant, metal protectant, exterior trim protectant, exterior trim sealer

Wolfgang Uber Wheel Kit

BLACKFIRE Contamination Elimination Kit

BLACKFIRE Wash & Dry Combo

https://autogeek.net/grit-guard-washboard-combo.html

https://autogeek.net/gold-plush-jr-towel-6.html

(Lastly, a few chemical resistant spray bottles by CG from Amazon, only because of overnight shipping eligibility here in Phoenix) This is after discovering all the standard bottle sprayers most of the products are being shipped with are terrible. So just a heads up for whoever may benefit from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RNR89JV View Post
    Is a waterless wash again a bit overkill or is this standard practice prior to using a AIO when i've let the vehicle sit in my garage for a week? I was honestly planning to do a quick wipe down with a microfiber or two with some optimum no rinse diluted just to be a lubricant in a spray bottle.
    ONR in a spray bottle fits the bill for a wipe down. No need to drench the car, I just meant use WW or QD and give it a wipe down(with a microfiber or two) to remove the dust right before you polish.

Post Thanks / Like

ONR in a spray bottle fits the bill for a wipe down. No need to drench the car, I just meant use WW or QD and give it a wipe down(with a microfiber or two) to remove the dust right before you polish.

I would add that I would make sure to use all "8 sides" of the microfiber towels in order to ensure that you use a clean "side" of the towel for each wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Got it thanks, just wanted to be sure I understood correctly and was not just making an assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

I would add that I would make sure to use all "8 sides" of the microfiber towels in order to ensure that you use a clean "side" of the towel for each wipe.
    Will do 👍, I’ve found myself practicing that lately as I had a handful of good micro fibers and a pile of so/so ones, so taking advantage of every side of the good one so had was priority.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567