autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Overwhelmed With Options (New Car Protection)

Hello all, I’ve been reading many threads and Mike Phillip’s reviews/instructional threads and began researching products. I’m currently very interested in Wolfgang products, Blackfire, Collinite, and for budget reasons Chemical Guys(if anyone has good things to say about them).

I purchased a 2021 White 4Runner that I intend to take offroad and want to keep it protected. After researching so many options I’ve became overwhelmed and confused frankly with what’s my best bang for my buck per say on this type of vehicle and use.

I wanted to go with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Concours Kit, then got distracted by the Facebook Favorite kit with the collinite 845. Then considered wolfgangs ceramic coating full kit, but questioned if it’s what I want or need. Then began seeing some pretty good reviews on Chemical Guys and Blackfire but received mixed reviews for a white car and their white car products??

Would anyone please give me a recommendation for a new white vehicle? I play to simply wash clay wash wax and seal it.

thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Overwhelmed With Options (New Car Protection)

White, if contaminated enough, is known to show spots that often look like rust dots. If these are present, best to chemically deccontaminate before clay ing. DrBeasley has a new product you simply spray and wipe. Id be interested in how people find this product works. After you decontaminate, protect like normal.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    White, if contaminated enough, is known to show spots that often look like rust dots. If these are present, best to chemically deccontaminate before clay ing. DrBeasley has a new product you simply spray and wipe. Id be interested in how people find this product works. After you decontaminate, protect like normal.
    Understood I appreciate the comment, I planned to use iron x, is that sufficient or do I need more products.

Post Thanks / Like

Many people get by fine with Iron X; it's just that the Dr Beasley product intrigues me. It looks like a replacement for the Valugard ABC system

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when I first got on the forum here. I bought some wax then learned I should use paint cleanser first and in my young detailing mind I thought that would make the wax last "forever". Over the years I always remember what Mike P. said "find something you like and use it often". I am paraphrasing a bit but you get the point. Just jump in-the waters great!
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RNR89JV View Post

and for budget reasons Chemical Guys (if anyone has good things to say about them).

I'd say do your research on the products you're interested in but when it comes to abrasive technology, that is compounds, polishes and all-in-ones, don't skimp. Not even for white colored cars. Clearcoats are thin.

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire one step is a great one step AIO....it cleans....polishes and protects...I use it on my 2019 white Camry...you can also top it with Blackfire SIO2 paint sealant ...its a good combo

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with weekend warrior, you can read entirely too much here and think that it’s going to take a 37 step process, and some people will do that. I just picked up a brand new BMW X2, and after running a baggie test, it didn’t need clay nor did it need any type of iron Decon. (If your car was delivered at any point in time for the factory on a rail transport, you should decon the car) Otherwise I would just hand wipe on a all in one product like Klasse AIO or the blackfire one step, and then wipe on a SIO2 or a graphene spray like the kind from blackfire or 303. Then learn to do a two bucket wash or a rinseless,, and every three months wipe on more of the spray. You can keep it simple and still get amazing gloss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overwhelmed With Options (New Car Protection)-8d901976-241a-49ce-b7c6-549c65b2b017-jpg  
    Glen -

9. Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fortunately mine never needed to be decontaminated. I've never even used clay. It simply doesn't need it. Other client cars I have done needed everything though. It all depends. Definitely do the baggie test.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RNR89JV View Post
    Hello all, I’ve been reading many threads and Mike Phillip’s reviews/instructional threads and began researching products. I’m currently very interested in Wolfgang products, Blackfire, Collinite, and for budget reasons Chemical Guys(if anyone has good things to say about them).

I purchased a 2021 White 4Runner that I intend to take offroad and want to keep it protected. After researching so many options I’ve became overwhelmed and confused frankly with what’s my best bang for my buck per say on this type of vehicle and use.

I wanted to go with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Concours Kit, then got distracted by the Facebook Favorite kit with the collinite 845. Then considered wolfgangs ceramic coating full kit, but questioned if it’s what I want or need. Then began seeing some pretty good reviews on Chemical Guys and Blackfire but received mixed reviews for a white car and their white car products??

Would anyone please give me a recommendation for a new white vehicle? I play to simply wash clay wash wax and seal it.

thank you in advance

congrats with your new SUV...I believe in Toyota products

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast