autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for smaller barrel cleaning brush with long handle

Hope someone can help me source this. I've looked all over AG's website but can't find it.

I need a wheel brush similar to the medium sized diameter wheel woolie brush, but with a longer handle. My wife's volvo has fairly wide factory rims, but the rotors are huge, which prevents larges barrel brushes from getting in there. The Medium wheel woolie fits in there, but the handle is a bit short for my needs.

If AG carries something like this hopefully someone can point me to it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for smaller barrel cleaning brush with long handle

The speed master or jr might get in their but I personally am scared of marring by them.

https://shop.reflections-carcare.com...heel-brush.jpg

Gyeon’s might work:

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/media...sh-large_2.jpg

If not Away from AG i’d look at Microfiber Madness’s incredi brush flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for smaller barrel cleaning brush with long handle

Adam's barrel brush... 2 sizes ( 18" and 20")

Post Thanks / Like

My car has pretty wide wheels, and especially in the back since it's a staggered set up. The full size Speedmaster brush sold here works great. It gets all the way to the back of the barrel with no issues. I've also never had any any issues with scratches or marring of the wheels either even when using it to get between spokes.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The speed master or jr might get in their but I personally am scared of marring by them.

https://shop.reflections-carcare.com...heel-brush.jpg

Gyeon’s might work:

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/media...sh-large_2.jpg

If not Away from AG i’d look at Microfiber Madness’s incredi brush flat.
    Thanks for the input Coatingsarecrack. Regarding the Speedmasters, I have both but unfortunately the brush part is too wide of a diameter, even on the small one. As for the Gyeon brush, I have a knockoff of this as I thought it might work. It's pretty tight, but works better than anything else I currently have. I'll check out the Incredi brush flat you mentioned to see if that might work. The rotors have some type of housing behind it which takes up room. Additionally, the caliper takes up additional space making it even tighter in there.

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    Adam's barrel brush... 2 sizes ( 18" and 20")

psnt1ol -
    thanks for the pic of those Adams brushes. That smaller one looks like a potential good one as long as the brush diameter isn't too wide. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    My car has pretty wide wheels, and especially in the back since it's a staggered set up. The full size Speedmaster brush sold here works great. It gets all the way to the back of the barrel with no issues. I've also never had any any issues with scratches or marring of the wheels either even when using it to get between spokes.
    Thanks Desertnate for the input. I have both of those speedmaster brushes from AG as well. They work well on my other vehicles with wide rims where the rotors and calipers aren't as large so they fit in easily. It' hard to explain but on my wife's Vovlo S90 the rotors are huge and there is a metal housing behind them that takes up even more room, not to mention how tight it gets around the caliper area.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm sure I'll be adding even more brushes to add my collection of 6 million brushes I've collected over the years in pursuit of detailing perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    Thanks Desertnate for the input. I have both of those speedmaster brushes from AG as well. They work well on my other vehicles with wide rims where the rotors and calipers aren't as large so they fit in easily. It' hard to explain but on my wife's Vovlo S90 the rotors are huge and there is a metal housing behind them that takes up even more room, not to mention how tight it gets around the caliper area.
    I know exactly what you are talking about and it is a struggle. When I run my summer wheels, I have just enough room around the rotors, dust shields or calipers to properly clean the wheels. However, my winter wheels are smaller and the clearance is really tight. In fact the Speedmaster will not fit between the wheel and the caliper with those wheels.

It seems all of the brushes are about the size size. When you factor in the shaft of the brush and all of the brush material, no matter what it is, they all seem seem to squeeze into the same sized area. I need a flat shafted brush that will fit into an area of only about 1/4 of an inch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I know exactly what you are talking about and it is a struggle. When I run my summer wheels, I have just enough room around the rotors, dust shields or calipers to properly clean the wheels. However, my winter wheels are smaller and the clearance is really tight. In fact the Speedmaster will not fit between the wheel and the caliper with those wheels.

It seems all of the brushes are about the size size. When you factor in the shaft of the brush and all of the brush material, no matter what it is, they all seem seem to squeeze into the same sized area. I need a flat shafted brush that will fit into an area of only about 1/4 of an inch.
    You know... as long as you abd i’ve been in AG i can’t recall what kinda car you have or if I’ve ever seen it.

When I hear things like summer tires (most say winter) abd staggered set up my ears pipe up. What you drive?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    You know... as long as you abd i’ve been in AG i can’t recall what kinda car you have or if I’ve ever seen it.

When I hear things like summer tires (most say winter) abd staggered set up my ears pipe up. What you drive?

I PM'd you to answer this and not derail the OP's thread!

9. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post