autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

meguiars hyper wash vs p&s pearl auto shampoo

hey guys , have been trying to pull the trigger between hyper wash and p&s auto pearl shampoo. ive seen the videos on YouTube but I haven't used either of them for myself. megs is double the price here in Canada compared to pearl auto. its for personal use at home. was hoping if you guys can help me narrow it down on which one to get!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: meguiars hyper wash vs p&s pearl auto shampoo

Dont know if you are open to other suggestions but Nanoskin Hyper Wash is up there in my opinion, dilution ratio is 800:1 and is super slick.

On those 2 Hyper wash dilution ratio is 400:1 and Pearl is only 128:1
    Hyper was is powwrful and slick, is not at the level of reset but definitely one of the top 5 shampoos ever
    I like pearl for the foam cannon and also I add .5 ounce of it to my rinseless bucket to add a little power to it. Pear is also cheap and have a nice lemon smell so that is a definite plus

Hope it helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

forgot to mention id be doing a 2 bucket wash method no foam cannon. as far as slickness does pearl auto compare to meguiars or hyper wash is just that much better as a soap even if the recommended dilution is abit far fetched lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    Dont know if you are open to other suggestions but Nanoskin Hyper Wash is up there in my opinion, dilution ratio is 800:1 and is super slick.

On those 2 Hyper wash dilution ratio is 400:1 and Pearl is only 128:1
    Hyper was is powwrful and slick, is not at the level of reset but definitely one of the top 5 shampoos ever
    I like pearl for the foam cannon and also I add .5 ounce of it to my rinseless bucket to add a little power to it. Pear is also cheap and have a nice lemon smell so that is a definite plus

Hope it helps

Do you mean Nanoskin Hyper Suds? Hyper Wash is the Meguiar’s soap OP is asking about.

Out of those options I think Hyper Wash would be the best.

Personally I use CarPro Reset and love it. It can be expensive if you’re a pro and washes a lot of cars. For personal use, it’s great.
    Bruno Soares

5. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro is my favourite brand , but they are costly at 1oz per wash a week the price adds up...lol so meguiars is the clear winner in this field? P&s doesn’t stand a chance towards it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nick27 View Post
    forgot to mention id be doing a 2 bucket wash method no foam cannon. as far as slickness does pearl auto compare to meguiars or hyper wash is just that much better as a soap even if the recommended dilution is abit far fetched lol
    I've used both....actually a gallon of both so I've spent some time with them. They are very comparable, to me almost dead even, in what I look for in a soap....that being lubricity, cleaning power, ease of rinsing and value. One advantage that Pearl has it that it is available in smaller sizes, so if you didn't like it, you'd not be stuck with a whole gallon. I do not think you can go wrong with either one. For what its worth, I used Pearl at 3oz per 5 gallons, and HyperWash at 2oz per5 gallons.

8. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nick27 View Post
    Carpro is my favourite brand , but they are costly at 1oz per wash a week the price adds up...lol so meguiars is the clear winner in this field? P&s doesn’t stand a chance towards it?
    The way I look at it is a 1L bottle of Reset is $25 and that yields about 33 washes (1oz per bucket). That’s roughly 76 cents per wash for the soap. If I didn’t wash it myself and took to the car wash, I’d pay $15-$20 per wash. So even if I use way more stuff at home, the 76 cents from the soap is definitely not what is making a home wash expensive.

I never tried Pearl nor do I plan on doing so because pretty much all P&S products I’ve tried so far are not very good. Rags to riches is the only one I might still try but will take some convincing.

Hyper wash is economical and a good performer, just not as good as reset in my opinion. Definitely more economical than reset.
    Bruno Soares

10. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Do you mean Nanoskin Hyper Suds? Hyper Wash is the Meguiar’s soap OP is asking about.

Out of those options I think Hyper Wash would be the best.

Personally I use CarPro Reset and love it. It can be expensive if you’re a pro and washes a lot of cars. For personal use, it’s great.
    My bad!
    Yes, Hyper Suds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    The way I look at it is a 1L bottle of Reset is $25 and that yields about 33 washes (1oz per bucket). That’s roughly 76 cents per wash for the soap. If I didn’t wash it myself and took to the car wash, I’d pay $15-$20 per wash. So even if I use way more stuff at home, the 76 cents from the soap is definitely not what is making a home wash expensive.

I never tried Pearl nor do I plan on doing so because pretty much all P&S products I’ve tried so far are not very good. Rags to riches is the only one I might still try but will take some convincing.

Hyper wash is economical and a good performer, just not as good as reset in my opinion. Definitely more economical than reset.
    there has been good reviews on brake buster and there glass cleaner which have been good, I agree carpro is the real deal. Considering I can only was during the summer which is 6-7 months a year at 1 wash a week puts me at 30 washes. Is reset that much better of a soap compared to hyper wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I've used both....actually a gallon of both so I've spent some time with them. They are very comparable, to me almost dead even, in what I look for in a soap....that being lubricity, cleaning power, ease of rinsing and value. One advantage that Pearl has it that it is available in smaller sizes, so if you didn't like it, you'd not be stuck with a whole gallon. I do not think you can go wrong with either one. For what its worth, I used Pearl at 3oz per 5 gallons, and HyperWash at 2oz per5 gallons.
    Out of the 2 soaps which one did you prefer? I know reset is a staple but I can’t afford the gallon when there’s more cost efficient alternatives

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast