autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: meguiars hyper wash vs p&s pearl auto shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by nick27 View Post
    Any specific reason behind it? I would get a 500ml of reset to recover/enhance my coating properties every few washes as well
    Hyper wash has the same effect as well, ime.

Post Thanks / Like

How is Optimum Car Wash priced in your area, if it is available. Another great soap to consider.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    How is Optimum Car Wash priced in your area, if it is available. Another great soap to consider.
    it is surpringsly cheaper than meguairs in my area. does it have the characteristics of reset as well as a rejuvenator for coatings?

Post Thanks / Like

it is surpringsly cheaper than meguairs in my area. does it have the characteristics of reset as well as a rejuvenator for coatings?
    It is good but Reset will out clean it and Hyper Wash.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want something that works as well as Reset.....buy Reset. Based on my experience, it is in a class by itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Using optimum if cheaper would be a good choice. Use reset every 3rd or 4th wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

look at fireball, definitely connected to tacsystems/carpro/gyeon out of south korea. I will be trying there premium shampoo this year. I hope its just has good has reset or tacsystems mystic bubble.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It is good but Reset will out clean it and Hyper Wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    If you want something that works as well as Reset.....buy Reset. Based on my experience, it is in a class by itself.
    I'd have to agree with the answers already provided, but here is my suggestion and something I practice myself.

Reset is an amazing product, and probably the reason for it's cost. To me, it's too expensive to use as my only car wash product.

I buy a couple of the 50ml sample size bottles (each one is good for a single wash) and use them for a deep-clean wash of my cars once I'm confident winter has passed. This deep cleans the coating nicely and I'll use a regular soap like Optimum the rest of the year.

To be honest, I've never felt I NEEDED Reset, but it does work really well. Optimum cleans very well all on it's own and I could get by without using Reset. From my observation, Reset will revive the water properties of my coatings in a single wash where it might take a couple washes using other products for the same results. Of course, this all depends on how bad the winter weather has been. After this year's non-winter, I'm not going to bother with Reset at all.

After all that, I'm saying to use Reset 1~2 times a year and go with a quality, affordable, soap the rest of the time. Optimum is a good choice if it's cheaper than Hyperwash. I'm actually getting ready to test out a jug of Hyperwash simply to see what it's like, not because I am dissatisfied with Optimum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I'd have to agree with the answers already provided, but here is my suggestion and something I practice myself.

Reset is an amazing product, and probably the reason for it's cost. To me, it's too expensive to use as my only car wash product.

I buy a couple of the 50ml sample size bottles (each one is good for a single wash) and use them for a deep-clean wash of my cars once I'm confident winter has passed. This deep cleans the coating nicely and I'll use a regular soap like Optimum the rest of the year.

To be honest, I've never felt I NEEDED Reset, but it does work really well. Optimum cleans very well all on it's own and I could get by without using Reset. From my observation, Reset will revive the water properties of my coatings in a single wash where it might take a couple washes using other products for the same results. Of course, this all depends on how bad the winter weather has been. After this year's non-winter, I'm not going to bother with Reset at all.

After all that, I'm saying to use Reset 1~2 times a year and go with a quality, affordable, soap the rest of the time. Optimum is a good choice if it's cheaper than Hyperwash. I'm actually getting ready to test out a jug of Hyperwash simply to see what it's like, not because I am dissatisfied with Optimum.
    I guess p&s auto pearl is a no go lol, is hyper wash more liquid than gold class which tens to be thicker(sludgy)? id like to use reset but not as an everyday wash. here in Canada we get brutal winters lol. is there anyway this can be used as a decon wash or there is another soap for that to help in the prep for a fresh application of coating?

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used any P&S product, so I can't comment on it's performance. It might be perfectly good.

I would use Reset as a one-off decon each year. That was the point I was trying to get to...and probably missed.

While I've not cracked open my jug of Hyperwash yet, I can tell from just looking at the jug, it's a totally different animal from Gold Class. Hyperwash is very thin and watery, unlike Gold Class which is very thick like you mention. From my perspective this will allow Hyperwash to mix easier in water and rinse off easier too. I used Gold Class for many years before I started trying other products. Once I did, I never went back. There are far better products out there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast