autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: meguiars hyper wash vs p&s pearl auto shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by nick27 View Post
    there has been good reviews on brake buster and there glass cleaner which have been good, I agree carpro is the real deal. Considering I can only was during the summer which is 6-7 months a year at 1 wash a week puts me at 30 washes. Is reset that much better of a soap compared to hyper wash?
    I have brake buster and it’s just ok, nothing to rave about. I got a gallon to use but won’t buy more when it’s over.

I find Reset really good, mainly because it seems to have the perfect amount of aggressiveness (to clean well) while at the same time being safe on coatings. It does seem to deteriorate waxes and sealants to a degree so I’d not make Reset my main wash if I didn’t have ceramic coated cars.

Hyper wash is also really good, just because Reset is superior (IMO) it doesn’t make HW bad at all, many like it because it’s so concentrated and economical, also cheap for a gallon. The other good thing about it is that it doesn’t leave protection behind. I prefer soaps like that, without waxes or gloss enhancers.
    Bruno Soares

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I have brake buster and it’s just ok, nothing to rave about. I got a gallon to use but won’t buy more when it’s over.

I find Reset really good, mainly because it seems to have the perfect amount of aggressiveness (to clean well) while at the same time being safe on coatings. It does seem to deteriorate waxes and sealants to a degree so I’d not make Reset my main wash if I didn’t have ceramic coated cars.

Hyper wash is also really good, just because Reset is superior (IMO) it doesn’t make HW bad at all, many like it because it’s so concentrated and economical, also cheap for a gallon. The other good thing about it is that it doesn’t leave protection behind. I prefer soaps like that, without waxes or gloss enhancers.

does hyper wash have gloss enhancers ? What other alternative from brake buster is there in gallon form ?

Post Thanks / Like

does hyper wash have gloss enhancers ? What other alternative from brake buster is there in gallon form ?
    No it does not. Meguiar's D143 to answer your second question.

Can you get your hands on Feynlab products there? If you can look into their pure wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    No it does not. Meguiar's D143 to answer your second question.

Can you get your hands on Feynlab products there? If you can look into their pure wash.
    no sorry we don’t have them here yet. I’ve had good results with brake buster but I haven’t tried meguiars either. So I won’t be judgmental. It gets the job done is it slower or faster at it , I have no idea. My car is currently coated with qp-on 2.0 also.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of the 2 soaps which one did you prefer? I know reset is a staple but I can’t afford the gallon when there’s more cost efficient alternatives
    If you have to hold me to one....as I really think it's a toss up.....I'd go with HyperWash....but here's the reason....I rinse my wash mitts out before they go in the laundry....and HyperWash rinses out of them a little easier than Pearl. Do yourself a favor.....next time AutoGeek as a sale, and by that I mean a 25 pct off sale, order the HyperWash and a smaller quantity of Pearl and use both. You can get 32oz of Pearl for 10.99...worth it to make the comparison.

7. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    If you have to hold me to one....as I really think it's a toss up.....I'd go with HyperWash....but here's the reason....I rinse my wash mitts out before they go in the laundry....and HyperWash rinses out of them a little easier than Pearl. Do yourself a favor.....next time AutoGeek as a sale, and by that I mean a 25 pct off sale, order the HyperWash and a smaller quantity of Pearl and use both. You can get 32oz of Pearl for 10.99...worth it to make the comparison.
    ill check that sale out! on the topic is meguiars d143 non acid wheel cleaner better than brake buster? I can't find any concrete dilution ratios for brake buster so ill base myself on the 2:1 from meguiars and match that up. I have brake buster currently but meguiars is the same price and if its a better product id be happy to make the switch.

Post Thanks / Like

ill check that sale out! on the topic is meguiars d143 non acid wheel cleaner better than brake buster? I can't find any concrete dilution ratios for brake buster so ill base myself on the 2:1 from meguiars and match that up. I have brake buster currently but meguiars is the same price and if its a better product id be happy to make the switch.
    I'm probably the wrong person to ask about Brake Buster. I just gave almost a gallon of it away. For some reason, I could not get the dilution rate right. At lower concentrations (5:1), I found it to be ineffective against heavy brake dust.....at higher concentrations it seemed to leave a residue. People seem to like using it with IK foamers.....I never did...maybe that was my mistake.

It is rare for me to need a dedicated wheel cleaner, but if I do, I use Sonax...otherwise, I'm using Optimum Power Clean at 3:1 or 5:1. All of my family's vehicles, that I maintain , have coated wheels, so I do not need more than soap and water to clean them. To me, that's the best process....get them clean and coat them. I boost the coating with a spray down of Ethos Defy periodically after a maintenance wash.

Post Thanks / Like

no sorry we don’t have them here yet. I’ve had good results with brake buster but I haven’t tried meguiars either. So I won’t be judgmental. It gets the job done is it slower or faster at it , I have no idea. My car is currently coated with qp-on 2.0 also.
    Then get what you have access to. I have only used hyper wash and it is good. As someone mentioned pearl comes in smaller bottles so if you don't like it then you can try something else once you use it up.

My advice would be to ceramic coat your wheels and you won't need to use a wheel cleaner that often. I rarely use a wheel cleaner. I use soap and water to clean my ceramic wheels with the occasional chemical decon (in remover).

11. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

•Between the two listed directly above:
    -Meguiar’s Hyper Wash.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Any specific reason behind it? I would get a 500ml of reset to recover/enhance my coating properties every few washes as well

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast