autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All Interior Protectant

You might check out Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant

I used to use 303, but switched to the Wolfgang and am very happy with its performance/longevity and the nice satin finish it leaves. It's a clear sealant that is definitely "multi-surface" but the one material you listed that I have not used it on is aluminum, although I would suspect that that's OK too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Pretty simple. Don't use Perl on those areas. Keep them clean with your interior cleaner or even a detail spray would work fine. If it were me, I would ceramic coat those pieces and use a interior detailer and call it a day. Even using the interior detailer on all portions of the interior weekly and you won't need to deep clean as often.
    I think ceramic coat might be the solution, carpro dlux might work here?

Im not a fan of leather coatings, according to colourlock ceramic coat on leather prevent it of breathing, but anyway that is for another thread.

Like always, you have a nice point there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post

Im not a fan of leather coatings, according to colourlock ceramic coat on leather prevent it of breathing, but anyway that is for another thread.

Majority of leather interior these days (especially seats) are clear coated for durability from the factory...Conolly leather and full Aniline leather are the exceptions that I can think of.

These are the two coatings that I had used in the past with pretty good results.

CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating

Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl Coating

If not... 303 protectant is a great option.

303 Aerospace Protectant 10 oz.

Post Thanks / Like

Any coating will be fine. Just know they are not impervious to scratching and swirling. You will get to a point where you will need to lightly polish and re-coat. A coating will do better than spray on product.

Coating leather is personal preference. I have seen no issue using a coating and not being able to breathe. Colourlock is nice though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried Meguiars Ultimate Interior but this one is a Quick Detailer and I already have an amazin interior cleaner that I use and dont plan to replace it.
    Also gave the opportunity to Ultimate Interior Protectant but it is extremely glossy.
    That is why I thought about a spray wax but probably there are better products out there.

What’s the interior detailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Also 2nd on the pinnacle leather & vinyl. Used on ever surface if interior in my old mustang with no issues. Leaves a like new finish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with a lot of modern interior trims is that they can show up streaks with most interior dressings.

For me, I use 303 or Perl followed up with a separate cloth and some Megs Final Inspection to clean the glossy trims (Piano Black, wood trim and chrome accents).

The use of a quick detailer will also remove any accidental application of the dressing on these areas.

Having said that, I have been using Megs Quick Interior Detail a bit lately.

Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer, vinyl and rubber cleaner, interior cleaner, dash cleaner, cockpit cleaner
    Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer is a pump spray detailer for all car interior rubber, plastic and vinyl surfaces.

This product has some mild cleaning ability but will also dress and protect.

"Just spray and wipe to clean and protect interior plastics, vinyl, leather, rubber, metal, carbon fiber, wood and even audio and video equipment. Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer leaves a strong UV protectant to keep the cockpit looking like new."

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Audi S4 (daily) and my wife has an AMG C43. Meguiar’s Quik interior is my go to for simple cleaning and touchups. Hasn't altered the raw wood in either vehicles, doesn't hurt any leather, Plastics or vinyl. Leaves a light sheen, but mutes once you go over with a dry microfiber.
    MK7 GTI (stage 3-500whp) / Audi B8.5 S4 (dual pulley-430awhp) / Mercedes C43 AMG (JB4-380awhp)

9. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12