autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

All Interior Protectant

Hi everybody,

I normally use Carpro Perl in my cars interiors but in my wife's suv there is something that really makes me uncomfortable. Is that the Q5 interior has plastics, clear coated wood, aluminum, 2 big screens, vinyl and "natural wood" (at least looks like it), didnt mentioned leather cause I use a dedicated product for this material. So when I go with Perl over plastics and vinyl it lookes awesome but over clear coated wood, aluminum and others it looks horrible, streaky and "blochy".
    I am looking for a product that has UV protection with no cleaners that will protect everything but leather and I was thinking that maybe Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax is that product. Anybody has any suggestion of a better product that can protect all types of interiors and leave a nice satin deep look???

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: All Interior Protectant

I have tried Meguiars Ultimate Interior but this one is a Quick Detailer and I already have an amazin interior cleaner that I use and dont plan to replace it.
    Also gave the opportunity to Ultimate Interior Protectant but it is extremely glossy.
    That is why I thought about a spray wax but probably there are better products out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys natural look.....About five years ago I put a question here on the site asking what was the best all purpose interior protectant/cleaner.… After 4 pages of responses the overwhelming choice was the poorboys product. I could not agree more, I’ve used it ever since, and it works perfect. On everything.
    Glen -

4. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

303 protectant, simpleAll Interior ProtectantAll Interior Protectant 303 also has an interior cleaner as well!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Poorboys natural look.....About five years ago I put a question here on the site asking what was the best all purpose interior protectant/cleaner.… After 4 pages of responses the overwhelming choice was the poorboys product. I could not agree more, I’ve used it ever since, and it works perfect. On everything.
    Never heard of it, so Im gonna search info on it and try it.
    Thanks a lot, I will try to find that thread

Edit:
    Just read the description in autogeek.net and apparently is a cleaner, protectant and conditioner. Also, it is more dedicated to vinyl and leather, so probably may streak on clear coated wood and piano black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    303 protectant, simpleAll Interior ProtectantAll Interior Protectant 303 also has an interior cleaner as well!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    So true, I totally forgot this exists, can it goes on clear coated/piano black interiors???

Post Thanks / Like

On clear coated services such as fake shiny wood, I use pinnacle crystal mist detailer, works great but I would imagine any quick detailer would work very well.

For matte surfaces such as the dash, I use 303 protectant or DP interior all in one.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, I was just trying to use 1 good product for protecting everything but maybe aun't possible

Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    Hi everybody,

I normally use Carpro Perl in my cars interiors but in my wife's suv there is something that really makes me uncomfortable. Is that the Q5 interior has plastics, clear coated wood, aluminum, 2 big screens, vinyl and "natural wood" (at least looks like it), didnt mentioned leather cause I use a dedicated product for this material. So when I go with Perl over plastics and vinyl it lookes awesome but over clear coated wood, aluminum and others it looks horrible, streaky and "blochy".
    I am looking for a product that has UV protection with no cleaners that will protect everything but leather and I was thinking that maybe Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax is that product. Anybody has any suggestion of a better product that can protect all types of interiors and leave a nice satin deep look???

Thanks

Pretty simple. Don't use Perl on those areas. Keep them clean with your interior cleaner or even a detail spray would work fine. If it were me, I would ceramic coat those pieces and use a interior detailer and call it a day. Even using the interior detailer on all portions of the interior weekly and you won't need to deep clean as often.

14. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes gorillapr, hoyt66 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast