autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question for you guys who live in a blizzard..

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I have yo-yo'd between high performance all-weather and high performance summer tires and I can definitely tell the summers get slick when it gets in the 30s. This time I went with Conti DWS-06 all-weather tires and so far they are handling the below 30 very well while having very good dry and wet (most important to me) handling. I'm in TN so no real need for winter tires though they MIGHT get some use once or twice a year.
    I'm in NE/NJ - not a snow belt, but usually get our fair share of snow/ice. But another reason that I went with the tires I did was that they are way better handling in rain and dry conditions as well as braking (which is about 75-90% of the time) over the dedicated snow tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I'm in NE/NJ - not a snow belt, but usually get our fair share of snow/ice. But another reason that I went with the tires I did was that they are way better handling in rain and dry conditions as well as braking (which is about 75-90% of the time) over the dedicated snow tires.
    Your Michelin Pilot Sports AS/3 and my Continental DWS-06 are regularly compared and are commonly 1A and 1B at the top of the (current) Sporty All Season tire list. The best rain tire I ever had was the Firestone Firehawk SZ-50 high performance summer tire and I found out later that it was the official rain tire of Indy racing at the time. Man I miss that tire even if I only got 20,000 miles out of a set. They handled in the wet like most tires handle in the dry.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny where this thread has gone....

I've thought about running some all weather tires like the Nokian WGR3's or the Vredestein's but where I live is just a little too snowy for them, but at the same time we're a little too dry for the "serious" winter tires like the Nokians and Blizzaks. I've found the "performance winter tires" like the Sottozero 3's I'm running now are a pretty good fit.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    This year, I decided to go a different route - with highly rated ALL WEATHER Snow Rated tires. I swapped out the underperforming OEM's on my 2021 CX-5 and 2021 Crosstek with an ALL WEATHER Snow Rated tires - Vredestein Quatrac Pros and Michelin Crossclimate 2's. Their handling so far is superb, but I guess I will find out tomorrow when we get our next storm.
    Anything you don't like about the Vredesteins? I was thinking of going with those next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Anything you don't like about the Vredesteins? I was thinking of going with those next.
    Not a thing! BUT, I have not driven them yet in anything but a few inches of snow. I did a lot of research before making my choice on this tire. So far they are quiet and hug the road. Solid grip in rain. In the few inches with a bit of ice underneath they were very sure footed. I will get a better idea tomorrow with the approaching storm. As of right now, I can highly recommend them.

Access Denied

Above is a copy and paste from Tire Rack - which in December I wrote a preliminary review, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm not sure why the disclaimer ACCESS DENIED.

6. Thanks MisterSnoop thanked for this post
    Likes Desertnate liked this post
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516