autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Glass sealant help!

Been struggling with the wiper blades chattering/skipping after trying out many products...

Here is the story:

Just got a new 2021 car a couple of months ago and decided to put Aquapel on the glass areas, as I have been using Aquapel for many many years with no issues of wiper skipping on my other cars.

Polished the windshield and other glass areas with CarPro pads and Ceriglass. Cleaned with a dedicated glass cleaner and IPC. Applied Aquapel per direction and the wipers chatter like crazy.

Removed Aquapel from the windshield with CarPro pads and polish and applied Adams Spray Graphene sealant. Same result. Without Aquapel, the wipers are perfect.

Removed Adams Spray Graphene sealant, then applied Griots Glass Sealant. Same result. Wipers just chatter and skip.

I then applied CarPro Reload on Griots glass sealant, which made the chatter go away, but after every wipe there appears to be a little film on the glass...

Removed Griots Glass Sealant, and applied Opti-Glass. This morning the the wipers were fine for about 5 minutes, then they started to chatter too....

I even got another set of brand new OEM wipers and the wipers still chatter with any sealant.

I am running out of the ideas. Does anyone have any better suggestions? Perhaps the OEM wipers are not meant for any glass sealants?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass sealant help!

Is the Opti-Glass still on the windshield? If so, try wiping the old blades with Opti-Glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the Opti-Glass is still on the windshield now. Have you experienced the same and wiping opti-glass would cure the chatter?

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Is the Opti-Glass still on the windshield? If so, try wiping the old blades with Opti-Glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aquarian View Post
    Yes, the Opti-Glass is still on the windshield now. Have you experienced the same and wiping opti-glass would cure the chatter?
    Not with Opti-Glass, but with other glass coatings. TBH, rarely have that problem with any glass coatings.

Maybe its time to try some other blades.

Post Thanks / Like

Came back home, sprayed some Opti-glass onto a small coating cloth and wiped the blades. It actually made the chatter way worse than before to the point I thought I was going to be breaking something.

During wiping the blades with Opti-glass I noticed that tiny little chunks of the rubber material was coming off from the blades.... What is going on with the Audi OEM wiper blades? I think Opti-glass was dissolving the blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Not with Opti-Glass, but with other glass coatings. TBH, rarely have that problem with any glass coatings.

Maybe its time to try some other blades.

Post Thanks / Like

Came back home, sprayed some Opti-glass onto a small coating cloth and wiped the blades. It actually made the chatter way worse than before to the point I thought I was going to be breaking something.

During wiping the blades with Opti-glass I noticed that tiny little chunks of the rubber material was coming off from the blades.... What is going on with the Audi OEM wiper blades? I think Opti-glass was dissolving the blades.

Let the Opti-Glass cure for a day or two and get some new blades.

I might have mis-led you by telling you to coat the blades. I was thinking about cleaning the blades with alcohol or a panel wipe and not the glass coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m a huge fan of silicone blades and that is all I use now. PIAA Super Silicone. Not sure if that would work for you but the silicone puts its own “coating” on the windshield through use and the water beads and I don’t even need to use wipers with a light rain when driving over 40.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I also looked at PIAA blades but couldn't find one available for my car. Those may actually solve my problem I think.

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I’m a huge fan of silicone blades and that is all I use now. PIAA Super Silicone. Not sure if that would work for you but the silicone puts its own “coating” on the windshield through use and the water beads and I don’t even need to use wipers with a light rain when driving over 40.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I also looked at PIAA blades but couldn't find one available for my car. Those may actually solve my problem I think.
    Stay away from the OEM blades. With your prep and all the products you’ve tried deduction says it’s the blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied carpro flyby30 about 2 or 3 mths ago. I just sprayed some soi2 infused waterless wash i have on the wipers. No issues.

I did buy new bosch blades though not sure if that made a difference.

I actually had my first long highway drive in the rain a few days ago since i applied flyby30. You can literally get away with not using your wipers at speeds of 90-100 km/h. Never tried lower speeds. Its pretty cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast