autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topper to add to 303 Graphene for slickness

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah i find that with my old Cquartz no matter what i topped with the CqUK3 shined through
    Or, laid a nano foundation that quality toppers could apply to without creating new micro-hills-and-valleys, therefore keeping the water behavior in tact?

Post Thanks / Like

Me no under stand..... Car shiny..... water go bye bye?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes KBsToy, hoyt66, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Me no under stand..... Car shiny..... water go bye bye?
    That’s a functionally solid response

5. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently put 303 graphene on my wife's Yukon.....looked great, but lacked the slickness that I like. I topped it with Ethos Defy, and bumped up the gloss a little and the slickness a ton. It's similar to BeadMaker, but I've gotten better durability with it.

7. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried something different today with 303 Graphene Spray. The removal process is a bit tackier than what I am used to. Today ... I used the 303 detail spray to help to remove 303 Graphene. I waited until the product turned hazy and for good measure... I let it sat for additional 10 minutes longer. A simple squirt on the towel and the panel and the 303 Graphene residue came off with ease. The detail spray also added a bit more slickness to the finish.

Since 303 Graphene dont need cure time so I thought using a detail spray from 303 (synergy between products) might improve the user experience. It did. My main goal was to see if it would make it easier to buff off 303 Graphene.. It did just that. Plus... it now added some slickness to the surface. Longevity of the detail spray??? Not sure... but the 303 16 oz detail spray is fairly inexpensive (under 9 dollars for the 16oz bottle) so I could use it after every maintenance wash to keep the slickness up to par.

I am not sure if a SI02 detail spray would do the same. I plan to try it with Elixir.

Post Thanks / Like

If I use Duragloss RW it on areas that cured longer than 10 min., it came off easier than straight buffing. Not waiting too long between panels worked for me with the time I waited for cure, probably about 5 min. @ 69 degree outside temp.
    Next time I will try just a spritz of water and see if nothing special is needed for buff areas that cured for too long a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    I tried something different today with 303 Graphene Spray. The removal process is a bit tackier than what I am used to. Today ... I used the 303 detail spray to help to remove 303 Graphene. I waited until the product turned hazy and for good measure... I let it sat for additional 10 minutes longer. A simple squirt on the towel and the panel and the 303 Graphene residue came off with ease. The detail spray also added a bit more slickness to the finish.

Since 303 Graphene dont need cure time so I thought using a detail spray from 303 (synergy between products) might improve the user experience. It did. My main goal was to see if it would make it easier to buff off 303 Graphene.. It did just that. Plus... it now added some slickness to the surface. Longevity of the detail spray??? Not sure... but the 303 16 oz detail spray is fairly inexpensive (under 9 dollars for the 16oz bottle) so I could use it after every maintenance wash to keep the slickness up to par.

I am not sure if a SI02 detail spray would do the same. I plan to try it with Elixir.
    I see your new here so I'll go easy. As with our OP I asked him how many quirts per panel and then we found the problem so I can only imagine this is also the same problem. During beta testing as well as using the Launch Edition 303 graphene spray coating I had Z E R O issues with the product, whether it was application OR removal. It's about 2 sprays per panel/section and about 3-5 minutes till you remove it. I had no problem during my first application and then weeks later I applied a 2nd coat w/o a problem.

Guys...this is a pretty strong product, "less is more"Topper to add to 303 Graphene for slicknessTopper to add to 303 Graphene for slicknessTopper to add to 303 Graphene for slickness

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I see your new here so I'll go easy. As with our OP I asked him how many quirts per panel and then we found the problem so I can only imagine this is also the same problem. During beta testing as well as using the Launch Edition 303 graphene spray coating I had Z E R O issues with the product, whether it was application OR removal. It's about 2 sprays per panel/section and about 3-5 minutes till you remove it. I had no problem during my first application and then weeks later I applied a 2nd coat w/o a problem.

Guys...this is a pretty strong product, "less is more"Topper to add to 303 Graphene for slicknessTopper to add to 303 Graphene for slicknessTopper to add to 303 Graphene for slickness

I am not exactly new here... LOL

I agree ... less is more. The removal process wasnt bad the first time I tired the product over a month ago on a Range Rover Evoque. I posted the result. To be honest... it didnt bother me at all.

I just thought using the detail spray might make it even easier and to add a bit more slickness to the finish.

On this particular test with the detail spray... I intentionally used more 303 graphene spray and waited longer than I normally would to see if the the detail spray would aid in buffing off the 303 graphene. It did.

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly want a great user experience with 303 graphene but I feel I need to chime in when there's a questionable user experience because in my almost 9 yrs here on AG I know this...someone says something, its read and can be spread around like wildfire and BAM!, the old saying "if its said enough times it must be true" happens.

Although there is NO cure time I just don't feel comfortable using a quick detailer to remove a product like this, then again I had Z E R O issues using it the 1st and 2nd time, I even used some of the leftover beta testing product on a girls Jeep w/o an issueTopper to add to 303 Graphene for slickness

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I certainly want a great user experience with 303 graphene but I feel I need to chime in when there's a questionable user experience because in my almost 9 yrs here on AG I know this...someone says something, its read and can be spread around like wildfire and BAM!, the old saying "if its said enough times it must be true" happens.

Although there is NO cure time I just don't feel comfortable using a quick detailer to remove a product like this, then again I had Z E R O issues using it the 1st and 2nd time, I even used some of the leftover beta testing product on a girls Jeep w/o an issueTopper to add to 303 Graphene for slickness

I totally agree...

I used 303 Graphene on several other vehicles since the Range Rover and I will continue to do so. The responses and feedbacks from the owners of those vehicles have been positive so far.

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast