autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Master blaster - who uses?

Curious on how popular they are being used? In beginning I use to hear about them a lot but since they make cordless leaf blowers I feel that’s the new way to go. Also wondering this because the specs on a master blaster is:
    8.0 motor, 19amps, 2,280 watts, 58,500 ft/ 400CFM. Now a there’s a local pet business going out of business by me and they have the metro vac (same brand that makes the master blaster) per dryer version with the specs of :
    4.0 motor, 18 amps, 2,160 watts, 0-234CFM/ 0-5,600 FPM. That I could get brand new for $40. So my main thing is, would it be good to use or just stick to a leaf blower style or just buy the traditional master blaster.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Master blaster - who uses?

I find that an air drier with a nice, long hose on it is far preferable to a leaf blower or similar blower where you can't get the nozzle to the middle of the hood easily to blow stuff out of the cracks/crevices there. I'm kinda a clumsy oaf at times and when I was doing the leaf blower thing I was banging that thing into everything; a dedicated unit with a 30ft hose has been one of the most useful detailing 'things' I've bought. With a car like my wife's 2019 Corvette, the vent in the middle of the hood and the vents on top of the rear fenders would be a real PITA to get to with a leaf blower as would be the 'canals' that were seemingly made to hold water where the back glass is set into the hatch.

Just one opinion and YMMV!

3. Likes Eldorado2k, DFB, Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a Master Blaster. For a full contactless dry, it works great on my car with ceramic coating but not so great on a car with a traditional LSP that's anything other than fresh. For example, my wife's car, which has a traditional sealant on it, I can only do a full contactless dry for the first one or two washes after application. After that the finish is not quite hydrophobic enough to get around the car quickly enough before parts of it start drying.

Regardless of LSP, it always works great for wheels, the engine bay, jambs, etc.

5. Likes Eldorado2k, Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For $40 grab it and hang it on the wall by your garage door. I love mine with 3 or 4 extensions to reach the cars in the driveway.

Master blaster - who uses?-img_2757-jpg

7. Likes Daviddear30, DFB, Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one hanging on my garage wall but to be honest ever since I got my EGO 530 leaf blower I find myself using the Metro Vac less and less. Sure it has warm filtered air but by the time I unwind the court, use it and wind it back up it ends up just being easier to use my EGO. Plus I can use the EGO for yard related things as well. As you get older simpler things mean a lot
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I might add I have a Milwaukee M18 450 CFM blower I use at a second home. Even with a pointy nozzle attached they just don't blow out the center caps and lug nut holes like the smaller Masterblaster nozzle does.

I have chrome wheels on 4 vehicles and a pet peeve is water spots on the wheels from the water draining out the first time they rotate.

I see EGO has a 650 CFM blower! Damm with 2 Milwaukee's and a Ryobi already it's hard to justify a 4th!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had mine for well over 15 years. love it. use it for everything. drying. cleaning cause it's a vac too. blowing up rafts for the pool.

I have an ego blower also for my yard. that thing is a beast.

Post Thanks / Like

The big difference between the two for me is drying technique. If you're looking for something that is touchless get the EGO. If you don't mind going around the vehicle with a blower in one hand and a drying cloth in the other, get the Metro.

I use the Metro and a MF that I lightly skim with. It's the fastest/best way to dry a vehicle I've found.

12. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a dedicated 20A outlet to plug it into? If not, that could be a deal breaker.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I decided to say F it and get the unit for $40 brand new. Going mount it on the wall and be good to go. Figured even if I decide I don’t like it, this thing comes with a stand on wheels that I could easily use this for my dog when she gets bathed.

Garage is getting re-done so all new electrical is happening with dedicated outlets.

15. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast