autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a no-dry wash

I have not been on here in a while so I have been searching around the internet and cannot find what I want. I am thinking that either I am not using the right terminology or maybe this product does not exist !
    When I do a complete wash on my cars I always wash and dry correctly. But I do park one vehicle outside and it gets dirty much faster than the others. I am looking for a car soap that I can wash, then rinse but do not have to dry and will not leave spots. Some type of no-dry or spotless wash is what I have been unsuccessfully searching for.
    I currently use 3D Pink soap, which is pH balanced, but I still get spots. Even worse the vehicle is black AND I live in the south so the vehicle gets hot at 6am.
    I know its not THAT much time to properly dry it down, but its a big suv and I am really just looking for something to help out for the occasional in-between complete washes.

Mike Phillips

Re: Looking for a no-dry wash

Maybe what you really need is a CR Spotless Water Filter?

Of some type of final rinse filter?

3. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion: try a coating or sealant that sheds water well, and then dry using a powerful blower. (leaf blower, or purpose designed blower for drying cars, etc). I've recently tried Cquartz Lite, and it works well. (my very first coating)
    I realise this is still "drying" the car, but maybe it's an acceptable middle ground?

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with both Mike and Skip on ways to help. I think you are looking for rinseless wash, wet the dry one section at a time. Your outside car is most likely getting some overnight dew which attracts dust and perhaps those are the spots. Do they wash off easily?

Post Thanks / Like

Wash the car with Carpro Hydrofoam every month, and you’ll have all sorts of water shedding ability. Dry it with a leaf blower. So easy…
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

I wash with Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless and yes, it beads really well with a spray coating base (Gyeon CanCoat), which will help with blow drying though you’ll likely still need to get a little water with a towel. I use the Gyeon Silk Dryer towel and a quick drag grabs the little remaining water.

Post Thanks / Like

The only way you can rinse and walk away is to use DI (or equivalent) for the final rinse.

And even then it may not be 100% effective if you can't get all of the "bad" water rinsed from all the nooks and crannies.

If you have really low TDS tap water supply, then you're tap water may be an acceptable "equivalent". Traditional water softeners (salt based) may also do the trick, even though they don't reduce the TDS levels, they will leave behind "softer" contaminants that wipe away pretty easily.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post

Suggestion: try a coating or sealant that sheds water well, and then dry using a powerful blower. (leaf blower, or purpose designed blower for drying cars, etc).

Really good ceramic coatings actually work really well to self-clean when it rains or when you simply blast your car with water. So coat your vehicle and then when needed, blast with water and call it good.

Here's another "new" option you might want to look into.

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating