autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots ceramic wash & coat

OK. Watched the video of the product on their site. 60 sec. dwell time is going to be rough in a foam gun! If used in a gun, your going to have to foam up a few panels, wash, then rinse. A bucket wash may be better for this wash. Do a few panels, wash, rinse. Still a PITA. I am use to foaming up my whole truck, then bucket wash, then final rinse. That's not going to work with this soap. It might be dedicated to a wheel soap for me. IDK yet. I have not used it yet.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes Thomkirby, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll probably use this when the car had days of dust on it. Foam, dwell, rinse and dry....how I long to do this right about nowGriots ceramic wash & coatGriots ceramic wash & coat

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I mean yea, not a deal breaker. I have read the results are stunning. If i do use it, i will use the bucket method. Wash a few panels, rinse, move on till the vehicle is done.

Griot's Garage Ceramic Wash & Coat - YouTube
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Griot's Garage Ceramic Wash and Coat for the first time yesterday a d was VERY impressed! I first used it on a HUGE Chevy p/I that was dirty and surely unprotected. It was brought in and first just rinsed off. I then filled up my foam gun, twice, and foamed it down, let it dwell and rinsed off and was impressed with the beading and it still had standing dirt on it, then I did 2 2BM's to it and the beading was great!

I then used it on my own car but after using Griot's Garage foaming surface prep and again, GREAT beading!

I'm really looking forward to using this product on my car when it's just dusty from a couple days of driving or as a pre-wash, really impressed hereGriots ceramic wash & coat

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear. Must be a impressive product.

I may play around with it this weekend. Finally will be warm enough for a wash.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Just purchased a bottle after seeing your write up. This is a much cheaper alternative to wolfgangs uber sio2 soap that mike reviewed. Figured i would try this brand first. Will test out on my ceramic coated truck and wifes jeep in a day or two. The jeep is only protected by sio2 spray sealant. Both sits outside 24/7 and neither has been washed since b4 winter(3-4) months ago. Only driven sometimes and only when roads are dry. First timer here lol, so will attempt to upload b4 and after pics.

8. Likes PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll like this product alot but don't expect suds, it's not that type of product. Used in a Foam cannon/gun is the way to go, I suppose it would work in my IK 1.5 too.

I've used it twice in my CG's foam gun with great success, inparticular a new Chevy plow truck with ZERO protection and the beading left after a foam/dwell/rinse was impressiveGriots ceramic wash & coatGriots ceramic wash & coat

Looking forward to hearing your impressions Griots ceramic wash & coat

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse Act you were right...i too was quite impressed with this product. washed all 3 vehicles today cuz it was straight sun and 60's. i used this product in direct sun as a test and honestly no issues with sio2 spotting on paint other than couple white streaks down the door from door handles. only noticed cuz the jeep is black. came off rather easily. the work car hasn't been hit with silica sealant since June. so was a perfect subject to test on. bucket method only on it. awesome results. just like I applied silica sealant on it.

Wifes jeep is black, and I used the griots in my foam cannon on it and my silver truck as a pre soak as a test to see how much road dust and pollen it would remove, since they've both sat not driven for the winter months outside without a wash (very dusty0. both were beading very nicely after just the foam job. didnt let dwell more than the 60 second or so before rinsing.

Afterward i gave both a bucket wash with the griots soap. its weird seeing little to no suds at all. although im used to zeposhine which doesnt suds much either. i hand washed then rinsed one panel at a time. after entire wash was complete i dried with microfiber towels. all done in direct sun light mindyou. no issues with water spotting, which surprised me.

trucks ceramic coating is a year old, and jeep had silica sealant last applied in October. both were going strong, and the griots soap was great to use as a little bit of added protection. was a little jagged that the pics i took were not transfering over. o well

rain coming in a couple days so curious to see how this holds up in rain and inbetween washes.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally figured how to get photos up. G6 trunk lid b4 and after bucket wash with griots soap. jeep is with pressure washer rinse then foam cannon...let dwell for 60 sec then rinse. Griots ceramic wash & coat-20210309_102814-jpgGriots ceramic wash & coat-20210309_102936-jpgGriots ceramic wash & coat-20210309_130739-jpgGriots ceramic wash & coat-20210309_131121-jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

12. Likes Klasse Act, MisterSnoop, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used this only on the wheels yesterday. Wheels are coated with TWHS Spray coating. I have a smaller bucket for wheel/tire cleaning. Used 4oz. It did indeed do a outstanding job on the wheels. Used with the Speedmaster wheel brush and boars hair wheel brush.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

14. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast