autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Anyone else taking a pass on this one. I did not like the ceramic line the green bottle ceramic coating. I liked the price but not the product.
    Wow really Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Which product did you try and not like?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Wow really Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Which product did you try and not like?

I didn’t like the performance/water behavior and durability. It got lost in the pack for me. I thought of the retail brands Meg HCW, Megs Ceramic detailer and Mothers CMX were better preformers with water behavior, gloss and durability.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I have zero interest. I already have sonax polishes, polish angel stuff and carpro UK.

I've stopped watching all the products reviews. It just gets you excited that you finally found the pot of gold. You never.

I seriously doubt any of the TW pro line is game changing. And how TW kinda bribed all the popular youtubers is a turnoff.

Thats one thing i love about carpro. Not many reviews on there new products. They just let the products to speak for themselves it seems. In regards to youtube at least.

One thing i did noticed with apex detailing - early in the fall he reviewed the koch chemie polishes and gave them an "impressive" rating which is low compared to many other products. And then a mth or so after he does a series on what he uses on his own car....what did he use? Koch chemie F6....i had my suspicions lately but that sealed the deal for me. He's compromised. He still pretends to be unbias, BS. I think at one point he most likely was. Its fine to make some money for all the work he must put into his channel but i no longer feel he is being forthcoming. He also seems to have an axe to grind with rupes...which drastically changed car detailing. Especially for noobs like me.

Like Mike Phillips for instance he's pretty open that he's in the business of selling things.

4. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, Klasse Act, dgage, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Anyone else taking a pass on this one. I did not like the ceramic line the green bottle ceramic coating. I liked the price but not the product.
    Yeah I passed on the HS line to except the Wet wax. Nice product but nothing miraculous. Had a guy I was talking detail with and he loved it raved about it. Couldn’t tell him I was not impressed with what I saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah I passed on the HS line to except the Wet wax. Nice product but nothing miraculous. Had a guy I was talking detail with and he loved it raved about it. Couldn’t tell him I was not impressed with what I saw

I was given a bottle of Wet Wax by MadMerc (thank you John) last year and I really liked it, better than "Eve's better halfs" Hydro Guard and Gloss. I never got around to Ceramic Spray in the HS line but have the soap, it seems ok. That said, my Flex Wax comes in soon, not sure when I'll be able to use and what I'll be using it on first (probably someone else's rideTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax) but atleast there's a noticeable price difference between it and Ceramic spray and ICE seal and Shine, something I'd like to "think" should mean an even better product, stay "tuned"Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My bottle came in yesterday, now I need to set up a date to take care of customers that could use a "boost" to her 303 graphene. I plan on doing a Foam pre-wash w/ Griot's Garage Surface Prep, rinse, 2 BM, dry and apply a base coat of this and see how it goes. Her hood is primarily covered in vinyl, so we'll see how it plays with that. I'm really looking forward to the 3 ways to apply, really love this flexibility with this productTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

9. Likes MadMerc liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious as to if this is any good. I finally got around to trying their hybrid solutions ceramic spray, which I applied to a surface that had been prepared with a strip wash and then their "matching" ceramic polish, More than a day curing between the steps, while parked in the garage, and it lasted about as long as d156 on an unprepared surface: on a car that is only exposed to the sun about 2 hours a day. So that's left me very skeptical, Mcguire's hybrid ceramic spray lasts about seven times longer on my other car that is outside 1/3 of every day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    My bottle came in yesterday, now I need to set up a date to take care of customers that could use a "boost" to her 303 graphene. I plan on doing a Foam pre-wash w/ Griot's Garage Surface Prep, rinse, 2 BM, dry and apply a base coat of this and see how it goes. Her hood is primarily covered in vinyl, so we'll see how it plays with that. I'm really looking forward to the 3 ways to apply, really love this flexibility with this productTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

That surface wash is design to remove LSP’s. I ask griots about using as a decon wash for CqUk3 and they don’t even recommend that.

If your looking to replace the the 303 with flex rhen full steam ahead.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone getting constant streaks using this? I need to go over the panel with a wet towel to get rid of it adding a lot of extra time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by legcramp View Post
    Anyone getting constant streaks using this? I need to go over the panel with a wet towel to get rid of it adding a lot of extra time.
    Flex wax can be finicky. I noticed Sunday when I used it as a drying aid, I got some smears. Attribute it to direct sun. When I use it as a rinse wax never a problem.

Now the spray ceramic coating and WET WAX I rarely ever have a issue with WET WAX is my go-to drying aid.

I think flex wax is just a different learning curve. Do not over apply and have damp MF towels at the ready to knock down streaks and high spots. And try to avoid application in the Sun.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast