autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

[QUOTE=Rsurfer;1699270]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

How do you feel about your beloved CarPro not getting into the graphene market. Sorry man I just had to push tour buttons a bit haha.

They replaced Graphene with SiC.

I'm happy with UK3.0, Professional, Finest and now SiC.
    I was just pulling your leg. CarPro knows that they are doing.

Interesting they went with SiC as optimum uses that chemistry in their coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Apex' durability test vs SNS is now up.

SNS is a bit better vs the Flex. But flex is more 'flexible' in terms of topping up the protection (as drying aid is the better choice).

With that, I'm curious if I can use SnS or Hybrid Solutions as a drying aid as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronki View Post
    Apex' durability test vs SNS is now up.

SNS is a bit better vs the Flex. But flex is more 'flexible' in terms of topping up the protection (as drying aid is the better choice).

With that, I'm curious if I can use SnS or Hybrid Solutions as a drying aid as well.
    Better as far as what though? The Gloss test was won by Flex by 3 gloss units and for some, that's "better". Also, I asked in the comment section, just to be sure, if that was the "new and imoroved" formula and it wasn't. Brian himself commented, in not so many words, that the original formula of SnS is better.

Would like to see 303 graphene tested hereTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Brain has mentioned several times in other vids that the human eye can't detect a difference of five gloss units.

S&S hung with Flex right to the end. Flex $25 vs S&S $9.

What I didn't like was that Brian mentioned several times is that you might need to use a damp rag to eliminate streaking. Sounds like he encountered the problem.

If he had the problem then I definitely would.

What I'd like to see is resistance to water spotting. Si02 sprays on's give me grief with water spotting so I use Acrylics now.

Ease of application, water spotting resistance then longevity are my priorities.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post

doesn't 3d work on the same principle, pad dependent? ... as a matter of fact I spoke to CARPRO before about essence and they also said its pad dependent . I m sure there is more to it , but I was always under the impression that all these in one products are mainly pad dependent.
    If you think about it - all compounds, polishes and aios are "pad dependent". By this I mean, you can make a fine cut polish cut more aggressively using an aggressive wool pad on a rotary buffer. Or just the opposite, you can reduce the cut of a compound by applying it with a foam finishing pad and a Porter Cable.

Type of pad, type of tool and technique are huge factors when it comes to product performance or ability. Common sense is a factor too.

The most important aspect of any product used to remove defects is the quality of the abrasive technology. There is great and there is junk - there is no in-between. And if a person is using junk abrasive technology - no other factor, be it pad, tool or technique is going to make it great.

Just my opinion based on buffing out a lot of paint over the decades.

That all said, 3D makes great abrasive technology.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

I wouldn't focus too much on these so called torture tests. They don't tell the whole story.

AS a matter of fact I would not base my buying decision on any of those torture tests. Mine included lol. Mother nature is the true test.
    I don't watch them so I don't have much of an opinion. When I "think" about them, I don't see a problem with people doing them to test a product to its limit and then extrapolate this into some meaningful way that would actually have real-world application to we the masses.

But in the real-world - none of use car enthusiasts in general and detailing enthusiasts in specific would ever use or put any of the torture test type products on our beloved rides.

Just like I don't go out into the garage and strike my paint with a Bic Lighter.

If fact - I would say at least for me, I'm on the exact OPPOSITE side of these testing scenarios. I practice and teach that how long ANY LSP lasts comes down to (in part but a huge part), how the finish is TOUCHED after application. Here's just one article on this topic.

And you can and should substitute any word for the word CERAMIC in the title of the below article.

How long will a ceramic coating last on my car?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post

^
    There’s that saying...

Find something that works for you, and use it often.

I resemble that remark.

When I wrote this article the second time in 2010, it was in the context of car waxes and synthetic sealants. And thus the idea of finding a product and using it often because in the context of ceramic coatings, polymer coatings, (Optimum is polymer based), quartz coatings, now graphene coatings, and in the not too near future, unobtainium coatings, in this context of this new technology - car waxes and synthetic sealants simply don't last as long.

Thus find something you like and use it OFTEN or as often as needed to maintain the appearance of your car to your expectation plus how you use the car.

Make sense?

Here's the link to the article and what I really like about it is a about a year ago I found the Business Card of the person I learned the saying from and added it to the article. It makes it "more" real, not that it was ever not real.

Find something you like and use it often

Of course, the entire back story in in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

The problem is water spotting.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

I've always said one of the TOP PROBLEMS when it comes to the different types of below surface paint defects is --> WATER SPOTS. Specially, Type II Water Spots called Crater Etchings and/or Imprint Rings. These types of water spots are not leftover minerals from hard water sitting ON the surface - no... these are where there was something so CORROSIVE IN the water that the combination of the contaminants and the water dissolved/etched/ate into the urethane paint.

The only way to remove these types of crater etchings or imprint rings is to ABRADE the surface to level it. This means removing some of the already preciously THIN factory clear paint. Ouch. I'd say Pigtails and Tracers are also horrible paint defects to deal with but water spots are a LOT more common than pigtails and tracers because most people don't hand sand or machine sand their paint.

Arc Scratches are also horrible defects to have to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Would like to see 303 graphene tested here Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax
    Apologies as this review is not a test for protection and durability and I stated this in the review and also stated why it can't be a test for protection and durability. But I did my best to describe the product and the application process for those interested in giving the product a test drive on their own vehicles.

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

I also shared in the first post of the above review that I will be using this product tomorrow, Thursday December 10th, 2020 on my neighbor's 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. This IS a daily driver but it's also parked under a carport when not in use. Everyone here reading this knows any car parked under any type of structure or inside a garage is more protected from the elements, (sun and inclement weather, pollution), than a daily driver parked bare naked outside 24 x 7 with no covering. But... it's what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

I originally had a 2019 Toyota RAV4 lined up to detail and then use and review this product but due to scheduling conflicts and short time frames and communication issues, I washed and dried and then applied the new 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating on this streetrod. The Toyota RAV4 WILL be here this Thursday for a LIVE Detailing Class where we'll be showcasing this new product for this weekly class we broadcast live at 3:00pm.

I'm also going to share an area where I think the 303 Graphene Nano Coating will be a perfect match in the LIVE Detailing Class tomorrow if anyone might be interested. And of course, the video will be archived on the AG YouTube Channel if you can't watch the live broadcast.

The one cool benefit to our LIVE Detailing Classes is via either the "commenting interface", on YouTube or Facebook - YOU can ask questions or make comments in REAL TIME. This is something I like myself.

Great thread everyone, loved reading all the comments and discussion.

6. Thanks rick100 thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, axel06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Lastly not to thread jack but @AcuRAS82 what’s your opinion of IGL premier vs Cosmic Spritz vs Overcoat. I put IGL in the premium topper category and not coating lite’s.

If you don’t feel like posting here or starting new thread, pm me.
    IGL I place in a similar category as you, premium topper.

It applies easier than Cosmic in my limited experience since I couldn’t find a way to get streaks even when loading a ton on. Cosmic may be more “fun” if I want to copy Budget, the smell, the experience of wipe off. But for applying fast and not having good lighting, I can’t picture anything really beating out IGL. Maybe there are some that can equal it. I have limited use with Overcoat so I don’t want to compare ease of use, but Overcoat seemed very easy. But I would never plan on over-loading Overcoat on a panel due to price and consistency.
    Application ease:
    1) IGL
    2) Overcoat v3
    3) Cosmic

Application Experience:
    1) Cosmic
    2a) Overcoat
    2b) IGL

Cosmic probably has a bit of a gloss advantage in my eyes. Premier isn’t shabby in any way, it’s nice and glassy. But Cosmic has the unique PA smoothness. I also have Overcoat ahead in looks just due to the intense sharpness I’ve seen with it a few times. It reminds me of PA High Gloss a bit.
    Looks:
    1a) Cosmic
    1b) Overcoat
    3) IGL

I’ll give them all a tie for initial beading which is fantastic. I can’t differentiate between longevity either yet. I get 2-3 months of awesome behavior and then degrading but lasting about 4 months with each I think. Although weather modified these numbers.

Overall I was our put IGL Premier as just under Cosmic and Overcoat on my list. Because of looks mostly. Again, little experience with Overcoat though.

8. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    IGL I place in a similar category as you, premium topper.

It applies easier than Cosmic in my limited experience since I couldn’t find a way to get streaks even when loading a ton on. Cosmic may be more “fun” if I want to copy Budget, the smell, the experience of wipe off. But for applying fast and not having good lighting, I can’t picture anything really beating out IGL. Maybe there are some that can equal it. I have limited use with Overcoat so I don’t want to compare ease of use, but Overcoat seemed very easy. But I would never plan on over-loading Overcoat on a panel due to price and consistency.
    Application ease:
    1) IGL
    2) Overcoat v3
    3) Cosmic

Application Experience:
    1) Cosmic
    2a) Overcoat
    2b) IGL

Cosmic probably has a bit of a gloss advantage in my eyes. Premier isn’t shabby in any way, it’s nice and glassy. But Cosmic has the unique PA smoothness. I also have Overcoat ahead in looks just due to the intense sharpness I’ve seen with it a few times. It reminds me of PA High Gloss a bit.
    Looks:
    1a) Cosmic
    1b) Overcoat
    3) IGL

I’ll give them all a tie for initial beading which is fantastic. I can’t differentiate between longevity either yet. I get 2-3 months of awesome behavior and then degrading but lasting about 4 months with each I think. Although weather modified these numbers.

Overall I was our put IGL Premier as just under Cosmic and Overcoat on my list. Because of looks mostly. Again, little experience with Overcoat though.
    Kinda what i’ve read. If doing production work premier sounds like a winner as it has you get best bang for your buck (vs Cosmic and premier).

With shorter shelf life though gotta get through the bottle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    With shorter shelf life though gotta get through the bottle...
    Yes, another reason it would be good for production detailing or at least buying and using on all the family’s cars type of thing.

I still don’t believe the 6 month thing and may leave an ounce in the bottle and test it after a year to disprove this... but nonetheless I still will cautiously use it somewhat fast after opening.

Note: I opened my bottle ~5 months ago for one of my comparison tests. So it will likely be used as a self-topper this winter while going well beyond the 6 month mark regardless.

11. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    Brain has mentioned several times in other vids that the human eye can't detect a difference of five gloss units.
    Yeah, but now I know the meter's results and I can't unknow it

13. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NHBFAN View Post
    Yeah, but now I know the meter's results and I can't unknow it
    My wife and neighbors are my gloss meter

15. Likes Klasse Act, Jayfro liked this post
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast