autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

The best move is NO move! The beautiful snow is VERY overrated and trust me, what isnt overrated is being able to wash your car ANY day you wantTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes dennis b, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    Look at TW's own promo video at :37 seconds into the video. It also shows flat irregular beading. I agree product need to be tested by more people and some gloss readings to see if it's worth the price.

You know who really has great unbiased video's is Car Craft detailing out of Australia. Problem is he doesn't get new products as fast as we do.
    Is that sandro??. I think i checked one of his videos on beadmaker. It was a nice comparison but he was a bit unfair on not pointinf out beadmaker was much cheaper than the products he was comparing. But his other videos were pretty good. I ll def check his review on this

Here is a thought. Im assuming water behaviour is important because this is a standalone product correct? However ceramic coatings may have excellent water beading but they are not well regarded on water spotting therefore they all required some kind of topper. So why is it that we give a pass to ceramic coating even thought it requires a lot of maintenance and toppers and we judge this products that cost a lot less, easier application , etc etc so much.

Also, i was always under the impression that the paint takes the characteristic of a topper product. So why is water beating so important for products that require toppers?. This is something i find hard to understand.

If grahene products do not have the water spoting issue and they are easy to apply, cheaper , they still offer chemical resistance , and they make your car easier to clean , couldnt they also be use with some kind of topper product to improve the water behaviour

I have one of my car coated and im not sold on the price and all the maintenance required to keep this coating going. I also cant get on board with sealants as they are not as good as standalone products. I think this is where graphene or light coatings peak my interest

I could go on for a while on why i do not want to do a full ceramic coating after having my car coated for 5 years.. that is a different story. Im finding myself in somewhere between a selant and a ceramic coating

4. Likes dennis b liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
    I also cant get on board with sealants as they are not as good as standalone products.
    You do not consider a sealant a stand alone product? If not, why not? What, in your opinion, is a stand alone product?

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

I want to keep it on topic, but...

Regarding any and all product reviews from anyone...
    I have to realize that I’m watching a YouTube’r, not a paid professional. Any of us can have a channel.
    What I struggle to tolerate are repetitive phrases:

“As you can see...”, the worst offender.
    “So simple!”, okay?
    “Very very glossy!”, nice.
    “Super super slick!”, even better.
    “Basically...basically all you do”- I get it, and got it the first time you said it.

I wonder if anyone bothers to listen to their own videos. If I can see it, there’s no reason for you to say, “as you can see”. And if I can’t see it, then I can’t see it, and you’re wrong.

Now, the next time you watch a review, take note of how many times you hear that. To me, if we don’t talk about the pro’s and con’s of a product, it’s not unbiased. I don’t mind if it’s a sales pitch, and I can choose to not watch it.

Now, about the Graphene. Turtle Wax will price these at such an affordable value, there’s not much reason for me not to try it.

And for the skeptics, if you haven’t used any of the products, how would you know?

...Your mileage may vary.

7. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post
    Now, about the Graphene. Turtle Wax will price these at such an affordable price, there’s not much reason for me not to try it. Your mileage may vary.
    I think you just touched on the most important unknown. Will a $25 bottle last you all year or will you have to reapply every two weeks as a drying aid to maintain 100% protection. One bottle a year at $25 a year sounds lucrative. Four bottles a year to maintain effectiveness doesn't sound affordable. Being pessimistic by nature I think TW wants us to buy more than one bottle a year.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

9. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    You do not consider a sealant a stand alone product? If not, why not? What, in your opinion, is a stand alone product?
    I m not sold on a sealant as a stand alone product for my location. I live in Canada where we have very harsh winters , where salts sticks to your paint and where weather makes it very hard to keep applying these products during the winter months if you do not have a garage with some type of heating system. I have seen various tests done on sealants , and sooner or later they are mostly strips just by chemicals, without the need of polishing . If I live in a place where weather was more friendly there is not question that a sealant would probably be my go to product

Now , there is another thing to consider, and this is where I got into coating with my car, my car used to be parked underground and the paint was damage by some type of chemical dripping from the ceiling, it penetrate it some of the clear coat. I was able to remove the damage by wet sanding the paint , actually a professional had to wet sand and polish the paint. This is where I decided to have my car ceramic coated, I was probably on ceramic coating before it really picked up in the detailing community. It was somewhere in 2012 if I m not mistaken, there were only a small amount of detailers offering coatings here, opti coating was one of the most popular coatings back then .

My issues with ceramic coating over the years has been the constant maintenance , always some kind of special soap and always some kind of topper , in the winter times I used to take my car to a professional detailer twice to have reload applied on my car since I had not access to a heated garage. My issue has also been that it is very hard to do any type of correction with ceramic coating, I do not keep a bottle of ceramic coating in my garage, and if I did have a bottle they only have a short shell life once the product its open ( 6 months i think???) , furthermore you need to throw the microfiber out after application . I m not saying that its not possible or its rocket science, to me its just a pain in the butt , for someone that likes to do one a year light polish , its a bit frustrating. Even the application proccess on some of these coatings just seem to be all over the place, the flashing times and high spots is not something I want to deal with. I m not saying its not a good product, I had it , it fit what i needed in the past and it a good job. But I m finding hard to justify a full blown ceramic coating now .

To me a perfect stand alone product is a product that can survive the winter months, a nice 6-1 year durability under harsh conditions. A product thick enough to fight chemicals or bird droppings. It also has to be a product that provides some type of gloss to the paint , and that its easy to apply , it has a long shell life , its easy to do paint correction , a not too expensive , is friendly with cold weather applications , a product that I do not need to throw out my microfibers would be ideal too .

Lite coatings seem to fit most of my categories as standalone products , except they still required some type of light topper , so its not really a standalone product but its close enough to the other categories that it is a product that I m considering for my cars. Graphene is another product that in theory could fit all of my categories . I m not sure this turtle wax is that product but these type of products peak my interest

Post Thanks / Like

One bottle could last you a season. I say a season because we only get to use a product like this for about 7 months a year. That said, even using it what I consider "alot" I could go through 2 bottles in 7 months and $50 isnt breaking even meTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Thanks dennis b thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It certainly is an interesting product, but I'll give it some time to marinate before I make the purchase. I'd like to see it applied to a car in the real world and then see how it held up three months from now. For now, the new GMC Yukon in the garage will get my current favorite sealant, WG SIO2, or my #2 go-to, Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray Sealant. Those two I know I've gotten at least 3 months out of. Our winters here in southern NJ have been getting progressively milder, which works since I'm getting progressively older.

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

...and some us don’t mind using a topper each wash. If your car isn’t ceramic coated, then you may not realize how it stays cleaner, longer, versus traditional waxes and sealants.

I live in dry and dusty Southern California, where it’s rained once since last May. Before I coated my daily driver, I felt it needed washing about every ten days. Now, it’s maybe once-a-month. Dust and light dirt don’t seem to adhere to the surface as before.

Rarely will I just wash the car and not use some kind of topping spray or drying aid to give in some extra pop. But even when the car is in need of washing, the gloss shines through. To me, it’s totally worth having a real ceramic coating. So what am I going to do with the Graphene products? Probably use them on the detail jobs I do. I don’t plan to polish off a coating just to try out the latest products.

15. Likes dennis b, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post
    ...and some us don’t mind using a topper each wash. If your car isn’t ceramic coated, then you may not realize how it stays cleaner, longer, versus traditional waxes and sealants.

I live in dry and dusty Southern California, where it’s rained once since last May. Before I coated my daily driver, I felt it needed washing about every ten days. Now, it’s maybe once-a-month. Dust and dirt doesn’t adhere to the surface as before.

Rarely will I just wash the car and not use some kind of topping spray or drying aid to give in some extra pop. But even when the car is in need of washing, the gloss shines through. To me, it’s totally worth having a real ceramic coating. So what am I going to do with the Graphene products? Probably use them on the detail jobs I do. I don’t plan to polish off a coating just to try out the latest products.
    Try topping half your hood with Graphene and see if there's any difference with cleaning and appearance.

17. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas, PaulMys, waynvision liked this post
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast