autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    I've watched all three vid's and my takeaway is the performance of Adam's is abysmal and the other two are mediocre at best.

Why would you pay $25 for a bottle of these graphene products when run of the mill polymer sealants for $10-$15 a bottle give the same performance.

Also not to hate on Pan too much but his is the only vid that shows round high contact angle beads. The others show fairly flat irregular beads. Graphene coating don't look all that hydrophobic imo except for Pan. Maybe he's related to David Copperfield? IDk.
    I assume your referring to ICE Seal and Shine, both versions and the ICE Spray Wax and if so, you have a point, a valid point. I know price doesn't always mean better, ofcoarse but the Seal and Shine is what, $15 and this new Flex Wax is $25. I know people in general are cheap a$$' and us here will generally spend that extra $10 but it's getting a little redundant IMO. I remember buying IGL Premier a couple years ago during a 25% off sale here and the original MSRP was SIXTY FIVE DOLLARS, did I get ripped off, even with the discountTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex WaxTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

"Fool me once, shame on YOU....fool me twice shame on ME!"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched all three vid's and my takeaway is the performance of Adam's is abysmal and the other two are mediocre at best.

Why would you pay $25 for a bottle of these graphene products when run of the mill polymer sealants for $10-$15 a bottle give the same performance.

Also not to hate on Pan too much but his is the only vid that shows round high contact angle beads. The others show fairly flat irregular beads. Graphene coating don't look all that hydrophobic imo except for Pan. Maybe he's related to David Copperfield? IDk.
    Or maybe he is just prepping the surface properly... jimbo is the guy who thinks eraser is good enough to remove sealants..

On one hand who have a guy showing his prep work, in the other hand we have a guy showing us no prep work.

I ll wait till the product is tested by forensic or other guys. I need to see glosss readings !!

3. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I assume your referring to ICE Seal and Shine, both versions and the ICE Spray Wax and if so, you have a point, a valid point. I know price doesn't always mean better, ofcoarse but the Seal and Shine is what, $15 and this new Flex Wax is $25. I know people in general are cheap a$$' and us here will generally spend that extra $10 but it's getting a little redundant IMO. I remember buying IGL Premier a couple years ago during a 25% off sale here and the original MSRP was SIXTY FIVE DOLLARS, did I get ripped off, even with the discountTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex WaxTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Were you fooled? I’m using IGL Premier right now and it blows HS Ceramic Spray and TW ICE and Seal N Shine away. That doesn’t mean everyone finds the large price difference worth it, but for those looking for top-notch performance, it likely is.

5. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I was referring to the older polymers like FinishKare poly wipe/ body shine, Sonus Acrylic spritz, DG Aquawax, Ultima Acrylic Spray wax among others in that price range. They all apply easily and give nice short term results. Apply them while drying on a bi-monthly basis and your good to go. Easy peazy no prep application for any of them. Just wash the car, apply and dry.

I had a lot of streaking with S&S Ice and HS Ceramic wet wax so I really didn't think to even include them in the $10-15 range because I wouldn't use them again.

Absolutely redundant. None of the new products are putting the less expensive older products to shame.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Were you fooled? I’m using IGL Premier right now and it blows HS Ceramic Spray and TW ICE and Seal N Shine away. That doesn’t mean everyone finds the large price difference worth it, but for those looking for top-notch performance, it likely is.
    I tried it quite some time ago and IIRC I did REALLY like it but I try so many things that even a pricey products gets buried by other products, LOL.

What do you like/see that's noticeable about IGL Premier over the other productsTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
    Or maybe he is just prepping the surface properly... jimbo is the guy who thinks eraser is good enough to remove sealants..

On one hand who have a guy showing his prep work, in the other hand we have a guy showing us no prep work.

I ll wait till the product is tested by forensic or other guys. I need to see glosss readings !!
    Look at TW's own promo video at :37 seconds into the video. It also shows flat irregular beading. I agree product need to be tested by more people and some gloss readings to see if it's worth the price.

You know who really has great unbiased video's is Car Craft detailing out of Australia. Problem is he doesn't get new products as fast as we do.

10. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe what your saying because you really have NO reason to lie. I say this because I've had great success with HS Wet wax, I really REALLY like it! The original S&S went on and off with ZERO issues and their spray wax I've used both wet and dry and same thing, flawlessTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Streaking is usually from overuse and because your bere on AG and been around a while I'm sure that's not the issue.

12. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe what your saying because you really have NO reason to lie. I say this because I've had great success with HS Wet wax, I really REALLY like it! The original S&S went on and off with ZERO issues and their spray wax I've used both wet and dry and same thing, flawlessTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Streaking is usually from overuse and because your bere on AG and been around a while I'm sure that's not the issue.

Its my climate. The high humidity and early morning heat cause certain products to streak for me. I believe the carrier solvents evaporate before I can spread the product evenly. HS products seem to do this where products from other companied don't. All part of my frustration when I see others getting good results with certain products and I don't. I have had great results with Ultima products. They are based in Florida and do their testing in Florida so I chalk that up to being the reason they work. Same climate and conditions.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its my climate. The high humidity and early morning heat cause certain products to streak for me. I believe the carrier solvents evaporate before I can spread the product evenly. HS products seem to do this where products from other companied don't. All part of my frustration when I see others getting good results with certain products and I don't. I have had great results with Ultima products. They are based in Florida and do their testing in Florida so I chalk that up to being the reason they work. Same climate and conditions.
    You should move.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    You should move.
    I've been thinking about it. After twenty years I've developed an aversion to palm tree's. Why can't the fronds just turn yellow then red in the fall. I miss the north sans the snow.

Any houses for sale in your neighborhood?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast