autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Well as far as Pan goes I know it was mentioned he insulted someone here because of the car he drove. If this is true I'm very surprised he would go down that roadTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

I've been subscribed to Pan for quite a while now and he does a thorough job of testing the product, including mech/chem decon and polishing, I know I don't do this for every first time product I try but then again I don't have a YouTube channel either.

Like Sly sang "Different strokes for different folks"Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes BudgetPlan1, rick100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
    so which product are we referring here ? ... I seen pan doing reviews on many products from different vendors. I 've seen the "awards" and I do not see a particular manufacturer taking all of them.

I would assume if someone was very bias , you would not see other manufacturers being review or promoted on his channel.

Is there a product/ products that he has particularly promoted that would make you think he is not been very objective?

I haven't watch all of his videos , but I have seen the end of the year awards on his channel , where he chooses the best products he has tried on different categories and to be honest with you , the products he is choosing are also very praised on other channels , forums , even over in this forum.

The only product that I had my doubts on was the last coat winning on 2 different categories. However the last coat v2 has been praised on other channels , including sandro and jimbo ( highly regarded on these forums ) . The last coat black ice seems to be the question mark for me , but again the people talking bad about it are people that never tried the product, so they have no credibiity to me at least, if you havent tried it then you can really say its bad , while the people praising it on youtube or forums ( the few i ve seen) are people that actually used the product. So far the very few threads on black ice from people using the product have been very positive. Aside from the last coat, the other products he chooses as his favorites are not really bad products.

I m guessing you are referring to turtle wax products?. I m not sure I can agree there, those turtle wax products are praised on every forum I ve been on , reddit, youtube , etc etc etc. I m even thinking of shifting to turtle wax, people seem to love them and I m trying hard to keep buying the most expensive products haha
    I don't particularly question his reviews on any specific product (although I've really yet to see him review a product he didn't like); reviews are a very subjective and personal impression of a product. The mystery lies elsewhere with Pan, IMO.

Occasionally PBMG will send a product to a forum member to get their thoughts on it, thoughts that the forum member will usually include in a post 'reviewing' the product.

Those reviews will include a note somewhere (usually as *the* first line) that the product was provided at no cost by the mfg, 'full disclosure' as it were.

Perhaps Pan could do better in the 'full disclosure' area.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the case of TW they flew a couple YouTubers to AZ to review their then new Hybrid Solutions line, so I'm sure they have a "working relationship" with these guys, no harm, no foul as they've developed a following and earned it, rightTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Sooo... back to HS Graphene and less about this YouTube hero/sensation/prodigy/organizer...

The Graphene Flex and liquid wax (Ceramic and Graphene) are already up on the AG page now. Who’s going to order and give real thoughts first??

7. Likes BudgetPlan1, noorth, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Sooo... back to HS Graphene and less about this YouTube hero/sensation/prodigy/organizer...

The Graphene Flex and liquid wax (Ceramic and Graphene) are already up on the AG page now. Who’s going to order and give real thoughts first??
    I have my 303 graphene applied to my car to get me through the winter but I'll end up trying this product out come spring. I'm intrigued with the 3 different ways to apply it, crazyTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    With Brian from Apex and Jimbo you will see reviews with products they were not impressed with. When was the last time you saw a video that had a product Pan didn’t like.

I enjoy his videos but take his recommendations with a grain a salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I take anyone's recommendation with a grain of salt, including jimbo and brian. I just posted a link of jimbo reviewing a product saying its a 9 year coating while the product is a 12 month sealant .

I have not watch every single of pan's videos , but I have seen a few and he goes through the whole process of applying the product showing you end results and sometimes putting the products to tests. He also does a lot of versus product reviews with different brands.
    I also remember him saying that he mostly reviews products he likes or products that are recommended by his subscribers. And for the fourth time which are these products people are saying are bad and he recommended, you are like the fourth person making it sound like he is recommending products that are bad, but noone has been able to name those products. I even mentioned his last 3 years awards videos , were any of those products really that bad?. His recommendations so far seem to go in tune with what the majority of people are recommending online and forums anyways.

But you are right , I take anyone's recommendation with a grain of salt. If I were to go with sandro's recommendation , I would ve never tried beadmaker and I actually like that product . 35 $ for a gallon and it lasts me 6 months already on my 3 cars and I still have half left. My take on this is that if you are dumb enough to believe a single person on everything he tells you , you probably deserve to waste your money. This goes back to my original point, there is not way Pan's channel would survived if he was recommending bad products left and right , the internet is too strong, all the information is available to you so easy that if he was recommending bad products he would be out of subscribers pretty fast. You should always check more than one source before trying a product period , this is 2020 , you have a bad product the word gets around pretty quickly ( F11 for example, TLC version 1)

I'm new here so I do not know all the drama that went out in the past, and I can understand some guys do not like Pan because of that , fair enough , at least someone was able to make some sense out of this dislike for Pan. However it seems to me , this is more of a personal issue with Pan the person rather than Pan the youtuber , seems to me that nobody seems to point out which of his top products ( his award products) are really bad products. In a way disqualifying someone because of a personal dislike of his personality and making it seem like he is just recommending bad products is also bad . Someone new on this forum may think every product pan is reviewing is over hype , which is far from the truth . That is all I m saying

Im not going to put every pan video here , but here is an example of a cheap vs expensive product

CHEAP vs EXPENSIVE : IRON REMOVERS !! (Eagle One VS CarPro) - YouTube

I ve tried both these products before and they are pretty much the same. Now I use a different product which is much cheaper and comes in a gallon, I found it on a reddit forum which also has ton of good information. You always gotta double or triple check the information online , that is always my rule

Anyways that is all I m going to say regarding Pan. We are way out of topic here LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Jimbo just posted a video vs 303 and Adam's. Watching it while posting this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronki View Post
    Jimbo just posted a video vs 303 and Adam's. Watching it while posting this.
    yea and he liked the product.

Good test , I wish these guys did some gloss readings to be honest with you... Specially on a stand alone product. But so far the product looks legit , just like most of the turtle wax products in the past years. They have stepped up their game quite a bit

Post Thanks / Like

Adam's KO'd like that NBA basketball player vs. Jake Paul (whatever he does on YT to make him famousTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax)

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched all three vid's and my takeaway is the performance of Adam's is abysmal and the other two are mediocre at best.

Why would you pay $25 for a bottle of these graphene products when run of the mill polymer sealants for $10-$15 a bottle give the same performance.

Also not to hate on Pan too much but his is the only vid that shows round high contact angle beads. The others show fairly flat irregular beads. Graphene coating don't look all that hydrophobic imo except for Pan. Maybe he's related to David Copperfield? IDk.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast