autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Well, it's raining something anyway, just not sure it's graphene. Especially when the first cloud in the sky is Pan the Advertiser.
    why the hate on pan?... He tries the products he reviews on his channel and shows you the end results, so you can see the end result. He does not do many hardcore testing like other channels, but he is also very clear what the manufacturer claims are and what he has seen ( one example was beadmaker, when he clearly said the product is not durable )

Not sure which product he over hyped , but I ve seen his end of the year awards and I really do not see any over hype products. Cquartz , tac system, kamikaze , turtle products are all there. Also if you see his last 3 years awards, many of the products have disappear and new ones have come in. I ve seen other popular channels and the products on pans awards are also very praised on those channels and online forums ... Yes i ve been reading quite a big lately and seeing too many videos

The products pan praises are usually the products people are recommending here anyways...

The products pan praises are not different from other youtubers like apex, miranda detailing, forensic detailing , jimbo , sandro to some degree, obsessed garage ...

If anything ISOTERIC channel is more bias towards kamikaze products lol , those guys do great work but they advertised the crap out of kamikaze products. Makes you feel that if you do not use kamikaze you are nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
    why the hate on pan?... He tries the products he reviews on his channel and shows you the end results, so you can see the end result. He does not do many hardcore testing like other channels, but he is also very clear what the manufacturer claims are and what he has seen ( one example was beadmaker, when he clearly said the product is not durable )

Not sure which product he over hyped , but I ve seen his end of the year awards and I really do not see any over hype products. Cquartz , tac system, kamikaze , turtle products are all there. Also if you see his last 3 years awards, many of the products have disappear and new ones have come in. I ve seen other popular channels and the products on pans awards are also very praised on those channels and online forums ... Yes i ve been reading quite a big lately and seeing too many videos

The products pan praises are usually the products people are recommending here anyways...

The products pan praises are not different from other youtubers like apex, miranda detailing, forensic detailing , jimbo , sandro to some degree, obsessed garage ...

If anything ISOTERIC channel is more bias towards kamikaze products lol , those guys do great work but they advertised the crap out of kamikaze products. Makes you feel that if you do not use kamikaze you are nothing
    Manufacturers and vendors promoting their products is a know quantity with a transparent motive, aka Advertsing.

What Pan often indulges in is generally thought to be less than purely objective due to outside influence$.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Manufacturers and vendors promoting their products is a know quantity with a transparent motive, aka Advertsing.

What Pan often indulges in is generally thought to be less than purely objective due to outside influence$.
    so which product are we referring here ? ... I seen pan doing reviews on many products from different vendors. I 've seen the "awards" and I do not see a particular manufacturer taking all of them.

I would assume if someone was very bias , you would not see other manufacturers being review or promoted on his channel.

Is there a product/ products that he has particularly promoted that would make you think he is not been very objective?

I haven't watch all of his videos , but I have seen the end of the year awards on his channel , where he chooses the best products he has tried on different categories and to be honest with you , the products he is choosing are also very praised on other channels , forums , even over in this forum.

The only product that I had my doubts on was the last coat winning on 2 different categories. However the last coat v2 has been praised on other channels , including sandro and jimbo ( highly regarded on these forums ) . The last coat black ice seems to be the question mark for me , but again the people talking bad about it are people that never tried the product, so they have no credibiity to me at least, if you havent tried it then you can really say its bad , while the people praising it on youtube or forums ( the few i ve seen) are people that actually used the product. So far the very few threads on black ice from people using the product have been very positive. Aside from the last coat, the other products he chooses as his favorites are not really bad products.

I m guessing you are referring to turtle wax products?. I m not sure I can agree there, those turtle wax products are praised on every forum I ve been on , reddit, youtube , etc etc etc. I m even thinking of shifting to turtle wax, people seem to love them and I m trying hard to keep buying the most expensive products haha

Post Thanks / Like

after a while its pretty transparent who is getting paid to hype and who isnt. no doubt couple mentioned are getting paid.they have a habit of putting out videos at the same time.

5. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    after a while its pretty transparent who is getting paid to hype and who isnt. no doubt couple mentioned are getting paid.they have a habit of putting out videos at the same time.
    Lets assumed they are getting paid to promote the products and to put them in their best products awards etc etc etc. If the products were really bad , wouldn't the consumers using them review them and say they are not good products.

This brings me back to my original question , which product he has over hype or praised is really bad?. I ve seen his choices for best products for the past 3 years and the names he is throwing around are the same names the consumers online ( forums , reddit, etc) are also praising and recommending. I ve see him awarding the same names that I see here often can coat, tax system moon light, cquartz , kamikaze overcoat, turtle wax seal and shine , eraser, gyeon prep , powerlock, collonite, shinne wax, blackfire , beadmaker., etc. Something is not making sense here.

could you mention the ones he had on his awards that were bad products ?. The good products get pretty repetitive to be honest with you . I have not seen pan promoting products that are really bad so far. But I have not seen all of his videos. But his end of the year awards to me is pretty accurate , give it or take, its not going to be perfect, everyone has their own preferences, but the top names seem to be pretty repetitive everywhere

And I have seen products do great on one channel and horrible on a different channel. I have seen the great sandro comparing beadmaker to products costing 5 times as much and forgetting to mention the price of beadmaker , which I found a bit shady . Cost of product should be included when comparing products to me .

Post Thanks / Like

You are relatively new here so you missed the thread where Pan had a fit for being called out for posting his vides on here. Members started asking for him to be banned and he was posting spam. He started throwing shade at other members and saying how much he makes from his youtube channel. Degrading other members saying they were not educated and he was. It was not a good look for him and many of us saw the true Pan.

You won't find the thread because the moderators locked it and restricted access.

Stay here long enough and you will start to see through the fluff that is posted by some of those guys you mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You are relatively new here so you missed the thread where Pan had a fit for being called out for posting his vides on here. Members started asking for him to be banned and he was posting spam. He started throwing shade at other members and saying how much he makes from his youtube channel. Degrading other members saying they were not educated and he was. It was not a good look for him and many of us saw the true Pan.

You won't find the thread because the moderators locked it and restricted access.

Stay here long enough and you will start to see through the fluff that is posted by some of those guys you mentioned.
    I see

fair enough , I was not there for that. It ll be nice to see both side of the story though , but I m sure it didn't look good for him and I can see why he is not like on these forums. At least its making sense now !

But my point still stand on the best products he choose the past 3 years, I didn't see something out of the ordinary , everything he choose seemed to be in accordance with what I read online and on YouTube. If I never used a product and I want to find out what its about m I tend to look at different youtube channels as well as online forums/reddit to get a better idea .

I will pay closer attention to pan , so far he is still good in my eyes, until he start hyping stuff that nobody likes , or his awards became suspicious .

Just like last time I was trying to find out about TLC black ice and the only thread I found on it was mostly from members criticizing a product they have never used. I find it very hard to take those replies seriously , I mean if you have not use a product , its hard to review it. At least to me anyways

Talking about youtubers, I saw a lot of praise on jimbo here and I found a video of him doing a graphene review claiming it had a 7 year duration while the product in reality had a 1 year durability according to the manufacture. Many people brought it up to him , he even acknowledge his mistake on the comment section , but never edits his video to correct the big mistake. And jimbo is highly regarded over here , Sandro did something similar with beadmaker , when he put it up against much more expensive products and he never brought up pricing. Esoteric is another very good channel , but they push kamikaze products so much that they make it seem nothing else is worth your time . Ammo is legit but he also pushes his products . I dont know anymore haha.

After watching all these YouTube channels , forensic seems to be the most neutral to me at least and he puts these products to test properly . Apex is also pretty good. Chicago auto pro is also doing some good testing , dallas paint correction seems legit , Miranda detailing seems honest too , Im forgetting other channels .

here is the video from jimbo. He could ve at least edited the video

ADAM'S GRAPHENE CERAMIC SPRAY COATING: IS THIS THE FUTURE? - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

I see

fair enough , I was not there for that. It ll be nice to see both side of the story though , but I m sure it didn't look good for him and I can see why he is not like on these forums. At least its making sense now !

But my point still stand on the best products he choose the past 3 years, I didn't see something out of the ordinary , everything he choose seemed to be in accordance with what I read online and on YouTube. If I never used a product and I want to find out what its about m I tend to look at different youtube channels as well as online forums/reddit to get a better idea .

I will pay closer attention to pan , so far he is still good in my eyes, until he start hyping stuff that nobody likes , or his awards became suspicious .

Just like last time I was trying to find out about TLC black ice and the only thread I found on it was mostly from members criticizing a product they have never used. I find it very hard to take those replies seriously , I mean if you have not use a product , its hard to review it. At least to me anyways

Talking about youtubers, I saw a lot of praise on jimbo here and I found a video of him doing a graphene review claiming it had a 7 year duration while the product in reality had a 1 year durability according to the manufacture. Many people brought it up to him , he even acknowledge his mistake on the comment section , but never edits his video to correct the big mistake. And jimbo is highly regarded over here , Sandro did something similar with beadmaker , when he put it up against much more expensive products and he never brought up pricing. Esoteric is another very good channel , but they push kamikaze products so much that they make it seem nothing else is worth your time . Ammo is legit but he also pushes his products . I dont know anymore haha.

After watching all these YouTube channels , forensic seems to be the most neutral to me at least and he puts these products to test properly . Apex is also pretty good. Chicago auto pro is also doing some good testing , dallas paint correction seems legit , Miranda detailing seems honest too , Im forgetting other channels .

here is the video from jimbo. He could ve at least edited the video

ADAM'S GRAPHENE CERAMIC SPRAY COATING: IS THIS THE FUTURE? - YouTube
    With Brian from Apex and Jimbo you will see reviews with products they were not impressed with. When was the last time you saw a video that had a product Pan didn’t like.

I enjoy his videos but take his recommendations with a grain a salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    These products will sell very well. Turtle Wax has the right hype men to generate sales for them. Prime opportunity to cash in on the graphene buzzword.

Interesting to note on the TW instagram video they states it prevents water spots because of the high contact angle. Lets see how that works since silica coatings have high contact angles. Its more of the polymers doing that actual anti-water spotting task.
    303 also claimed that and it was debunked on the tests done by Youtubers.

Post Thanks / Like

a lot of rabbit holes to down through with products. Time will tell what really works. There are a few you tubers out there that give honest reviews but in the long run it`s up to us to find what works for you.

I am a enthusiast and I`am looking for what's the easiest to use and has some longevity .

Wait there will be a new Buzz coming along.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast