autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

2020 Year Presented by The Buffing Moose Detailing

Hello fellow geeks!

It’s been a while since I have posted anything. But I wanted to take time to thank the AG community for all the support and advice I have received from everyone here over the years. Of course, my biggest thanks goes out to Mike Phillips.

I think we all can agree that 2020 has not been the good year for obvious reasons. It has presented many of us who detail for enjoyment and as business owners a lot of challenges.

This season, I have found that it gave me different opportunities. Despite how the year has gone, I decided that I was going to use this year to target exterior work almost exclusively and only offer interiors on a limited basis to existing clients.

It worked...

I never thought it would be possible to do it all during a pandemic, but I have completely shifted all of my focus on high(er)-end detailing and moved away from daily driven vehicles. I do agree that it is the largest market in the auto detailing industry.

But with everything going on, my wife’s safety is number one. It made more sense to target higher margin projects.

Work smarter, not harder.

I am nearing completion of this season with meeting the goal of finally being able to take off a majority of the winter off. I have a few winter clients with heated garages that I plan on tackling otherwise.

Also, I share this because I want to encourage those who have started a business this year to keep going. And for those who have been in business. You got this!

Anyway, here is a quick (after) photo glimpse of what I have been up to. It’s not much to look at because I tend to just work and not focus too much on pictures. I have done more cars, but after long days it’s the last thing on my mind most of the time. I hope you enjoy it!

In case people are wondering:

Most of these cars took a minimum of 24-30 solid hours to complete.

They were treated using Gyeon, Sonax, and Meguiars primarily.

Jescar Correcting Compound + Sonax Perfect Finish was my main choice of cut and finish using Meguiars cutting disc + RUPES Yellow pads.

Gyeon Tire was used on all of these cars.

LSP I cannot state as AG does not sell these waxes and coatings.

2. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Year Presented by The Buffing Moose Detailing

Nice photog work!

Cars came out great!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Nice gallery of work, Dan.

Great stuff!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

2020 Year Presented by The Buffing Moose Detailing

Dan thanks for sharing tips to help me improve. A down to earth guy, willing to help others, as others here are.

Your tips and info are going help me take my business to the next chapter.

All the best, and again good work.

All around great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

Post Thanks / Like

You are doing great!

And your work is top drawer! You're off to the races!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post

Hello fellow geeks!

It’s been a while since I have posted anything. But I wanted to take time to thank the AG community for all the support and advice I have received from everyone here over the years. Of course, my biggest thanks goes out to Mike Phillips.

I noticed you appeared to be missing in action. Thanks for the update and thank you for the compliment for AGO and myself. Each day I'm on this forum, or whatever social media touch point, my goal is to simply help others be successful at whatever their endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post

Despite how the year has gone, I decided that I was going to use this year to target exterior work almost exclusively and only offer interiors on a limited basis to existing clients.

It worked...

I never thought it would be possible to do it all during a pandemic, but I have completely shifted all of my focus on high(er)-end detailing and moved away from daily driven vehicles. I do agree that it is the largest market in the auto detailing industry.

But with everything going on, my wife’s safety is number one. It made more sense to target higher margin projects.

Work smarter, not harder.

I am nearing completion of this season with meeting the goal of finally being able to take off a majority of the winter off. I have a few winter clients with heated garages that I plan on tackling otherwise.

Also, I share this because I want to encourage those who have started a business this year to keep going. And for those who have been in business. You got this!

The above is very insightful and I'm sure a lot of people would like to know your recipe for success if you wouldn't mind sharing the key elements of your marketing strategy?