autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The simplest thing can gain a customer.

I just wanted to share an experience I had today with a customer. I started up in July this year. I asked my customer how he had found me. He said a Google search. I was the SECOND phone call. The first detailer did not answer. He called me and it was my VOICE MAIL MESSAGE that gave him faith to go with me when I called him back. It's the littlest things that can gain a customer. The simplest thing can gain a customer.The simplest thing can gain a customer.The simplest thing can gain a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

2. Likes TTQ B4U, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The simplest thing can gain a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    I just wanted to share an experience I had today with a customer. I started up in July this year. I asked my customer how he had found me. He said a Google search. I was the SECOND phone call. The first detailer did not answer. He called me and it was my VOICE MAIL MESSAGE that gave him faith to go with me when I called him back. It's the littlest things that can gain a customer. The simplest thing can gain a customer.The simplest thing can gain a customer.The simplest thing can gain a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Maybe if you answered your phone you would get even more customers. I don't mean to be sarcastic, but some people don't like talking to a machine, which includes me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Maybe if you answered your phone you would get even more customers. I don't mean to be sarcastic, but some people don't like talking to a machine, which includes me.
    I DO answer my phone. When I'm working on a vehicle and it rings, it can go to voice mail. Voice mail is nothing to be scared of. In today's "on the go" and "instant gratification" society patience and understanding are values to be re-learned by all. If you're the type of customer that can't be bothered to leave a simple voice message, I don't want or need you.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

5. Likes DMiglio, Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's what my voicemail would be like ...

"Sorry, I can't come to the phone right now ... I'm buffing out a rare Ferrari. But if you want your car to look like this Ferrari, leave me a message and I'll call you back just as soon as I can. Thanks for your interest in our services."

7. Likes Big Dave, JT Moto, Thomkirby, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    I DO answer my phone. When I'm working on a vehicle and it rings, it can go to voice mail. Voice mail is nothing to be scared of. In today's "on the go" and "instant gratification" society patience and understanding are values to be re-learned by all. If you're the type of customer that can't be bothered to leave a simple voice message, I don't want or need you.
    My point exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

@Mike, thanks for sharing I’ve heard about this method via another detailer.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

Post Thanks / Like

The simplest thing can gain a customer.

I’m not a voicemail leaver either but if it’s a business definitely better at least have a message. I was calling around for some hydro dipping and the neither of the first two had a message! Just the standard automated.

The third didnt answer but did note that phones could not be heard be he or his partner and to leave a detailed message by phone OR email. Left him an email.

One of the other guys called back bit too late.

Yes, the small things do count for a consumer oriented service. .... good on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I stream from my phone. I try to never miss a call. People that want car detailing services, usually make that decision on a whim. If they have no idea about pricing, they want at least a ballpark right away. Ceramic shoppers are a bit different. They have at least done some research. When some ask about my pricing being a bit higher (Only on deluxe details, Ceramics, i am the only Pro only coating in the largest city in the state, and I am relatively cheap) I tell them it is like going to 2 different weddings. One hosted by cousin Eddie, serving Natural Light and SKOL vodka, Or a Kardashian wedding with Ketel One, Dom Perignon...etc. They laugh, and either book, or are true price shoppers wanting their trashed SUV done for $149....

12. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I have a friend in this industry, he shared his rule of operation with me, I thought it was great advice - the thing is - as far as I can tell - he never actually followed his own advice - OR - everytime I called him - he couldn't get to his phone?

Here was his advise,

If the phone rings - answer it by the second ring.

His reasoning was, any new, potential customer could simply be going down a list of numbers in a phone book or Google search results, etc. and if you don't answer - they'll just keep going down the list until someone does answer.

We can debate what kind of customer this could or couldn't be etc. but I do think he made a good point in that IF you're hungry for new customers - don't leave anything to chance. Answer the phone.

But yeah, he never answered the phone when I called him.

14. Thanks Rsurfer, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes Rsurfer, Mike Hoekstra liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Also just want to interject this here,

While I don't mind leaving voice mail - I hate answering voice mails ONLY because too many people are LOUSY at leaving a return phone number.

They say the phone number too fast
    They only say it once
    They say it at the very end of the their message

Here's an article I wrote on this topic, maybe read it and maybe it will help you to be a part of the solution instead of a part of the problem.

A tip for good phone etiquette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast