autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Riot, sorry protest, damaged fj cruiser. Spray paint removal

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Awesome, it’s impressive you removed that slop in a timely fashion and that the paint otherwise seems nice. No time to even let it sit out... drive it up the hill and get to work, lol.

I’m sure that vehicle (if it has a mind of its own) knows it is in very good hands!
    A quick note. I also tried a microfiber pad. Not much luck with it. It started removing the spray paint but also almost immediately matted down. It could have been user error. I don’t use the microfiber pads very often for just that reason.

I used the Flex 3401 rather than my Rupes 21, original version, because the Rupes tends to bog down on side panels that have any variation to them.

The Flex is such a workhouse. It is my go to polisher. (Even though it is a bit loud).

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work, I'm surprised that some of the panels they've dented are the hard ones, they seem to have avoided the big flat ones, I suppose it was because they sprayed them.

I can tell you the silver paint comes up really nice, the roof will probably be a single stage paint, mine is, but there is some confusion on the FJ forums, with some claiming their white FJs have a clear coat, but I haven't found one yet.

There is lots of tasteful modifications you can do, or you can go completely nuts. Here's a pic of mine from today, I got it dirty a few days ago, so I needed to spray the excess mud and dirt off before I give it a proper hand wash.

Dave. Riot, sorry protest, damaged fj cruiser.  Spray paint removal-psx_20201126_123749-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just spotted this thread, if not to late... I've always had luck with removal of paint transfer from other vehicles (paint or rubber) using FLITZ metal polish.
    Easy to find and use. Good Luck
    Rick

Flitz Metal Polish, Fiberglass & Paint Restorer will clean, polish, and protect any non-porous surface safely. Flitz Metal Polish, Fiberglass & Paint (autogeek.net)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123