autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been thinking to much

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    If you do want to go the route of ending the coating’s life since it may be/is compromised by having done One Step before applying it, then I think your plan of using One Step again followed by regular (once or twice monthly) use of BF SiO2 Spray Sealant is a good, easy combo that won’t self-clean as well as a coating but the top layer of BF SiO2 (and use of WG SiO2 Wash on occasion as you wish) will ensure self-cleaning that is not too shabby it’s own right.

And I know there may be overload of opinions on this thread but it is your car and your time. Read them but take them for what they are worth (and for gaining overall knowledge and options) and make the final decision
    that makes the most sense for your situation.
    Thanks so much for putting up with my confusion....there are a bunch of great guys on Autogeek....what I decided is to use is Megs. untimate polish....and then use a BF or WG SIO2 sealant once a month ....Thanks acuRAS82

2. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to thank every one for your reply's....to my confusion....what I will be doing is using just a polish and then a sealant over it. once a month....my car's paint is very clean...smooth...Thanks again

4. Likes noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post
    I want to thank every one for your reply's....to my confusion....what I will be doing is using just a polish and then a sealant over it. once a month....my car's paint is very clean...smooth...Thanks again
    Just to add to your confusion. You can try different products/methods on different panels of your car. Lots of us do, me included.

I personally wouldn't polish off the coating, let it ride and find a good topper/drying aid. Well maybe i would polish a door or something and try some different stuff if i was in the mood.

Its you car, if you like working on your car often you can do all kinds of interesting tests. If i had a garage my car would have 3 or 4 different product combinations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    And I know there may be overload of opinions on this thread but it is your car and your time. Read them but take them for what they are worth (and for gaining overall knowledge and options) and make the final decision
    that makes the most sense for your situation.
    This is the double-edged sword of AGO.

The "good edge" is the real world experience and hands-on expertise of hundreds of hardcore detailers (both pro and hobbyist) and the all-encompassing information that they provide.

The "bad edge" is the way that all of this info makes your head spin faster than a polisher on speed 6.

As acuRAS82 said, after all the reading it is time to just "pick your poison" and dive in. Then, you can tweak your products/techniques as you go/learn.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for putting up with my confusion....there are a bunch of great guys on Autogeek....
    It is literally no problem, and I myself and I think many others here actually appreciate the questions and understand the reason for confusion. None of us would be as knowledgeable and detailing wouldn’t be as fun without having these ‘simulated’ problems to solve for others.

9. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys...yesterday was car wash day ...then I used a polish and detail spray....to me the car came out great...Been thinking to much-20200809_153238-1-jpgBeen thinking to much-20201026_131604-1-jpgBeen thinking to much-20201123_145827-jpg

this is what I used
    WG Uber SIO2 coating wash
    Megs ultimate polish...with porta cable.
    WG profi ceramic detail spray
    Tuf shine tire clearcoat...used this about two weeks ago...tires still looked great....but I added another coat

thanks again for your support

11. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Dislikes noorth disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys...yesterday was car wash day ...then I used a polish and detail spray....to me the car came out great...Been thinking to much-20200809_153238-1-jpgBeen thinking to much-20201026_131604-1-jpgBeen thinking to much-20201123_145827-jpg

this is what I used
    WG Uber SIO2 coating wash
    Megs ultimate polish...with porta cable.
    WG profi ceramic detail spray
    Tuf shine tire clearcoat...used this about two weeks ago...tires still looked great....but I added another coat

thanks again for your support
    Just some food for thought: Coating Wash before polish is sort of a waste of the pricey wash, but it cleans and the polish will remove the protection so no biggie.

And the PROFI Detail Spray likely isn’t going to provide you much protection. I thought you had plans to go with BF Sealant (or even a wax if you chose not to AIO with One Step).

13. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82.....what car wash would you recommend....yes my plans was to use BF Sealant....but I looked thru my many coating and sealants products and I seen the coating spray...not sure if its the coating spray my car looks very dusty...I think I will use BF sealant next time....I have a lot of products that I want to give away...is there a site here I can go to

Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82.....what car wash would you recommend....yes my plans was to use BF Sealant....but I looked thru my many coating and sealants products and I seen the coating spray...not sure if its the coating spray my car looks very dusty...I think I will use BF sealant next time....I have a lot of products that I want to give away...is there a site here I can go to
    I would have used any cheap car wash for cleaning prior to the polishing. Preferably ones that don’t leave a large amount of protection behind, which WG does. Most other car washes leave very little protection or nothing behind. The polish needs to work through the protection to get to the clear coat, so you probably just made your polishing step a bit tougher by washing with WG.

I was just trying to point out that you don’t really have an LSP on your car. PROFI is like some light frosting on the cake, but you would be wise to put something more substantial as a base and then use PROFI QD and WG Coating Wash to maintain.

You can post things in a thread as “Things for trade”, or if you know people who want things you could PM them directly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234