autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been thinking to much

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    ouch, you used a AIO before a full blown ceramic? not to knock on blackfire, wolfgang and others but it really seems the koreans have the ceramic coating market almost cornered. gtechniq, igl, gyeon, kamikaze and a few others are not Korean.
    Like I mentioned I am retired..with this virus .I have lots of time on my hands...tired of watching Netflix LOL...and I enjoy cleaning my car...been doing it for many years...to me there are way to many sealants and coatings...confusing...

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post
    Like I mentioned I am retired..with this virus .I have lots of time on my hands...tired of watching Netflix LOL...and I enjoy cleaning my car...been doing it for many years...to me there are way to many sealants and coatings...confusing...
    I have lots of time has well lol i work about 5 mths a year. I've tried a dozen products now i guess - spray waxes, i really like rapidwaxx looks great and smells good. Like a good women.

You can apply that whenever you want.

Post Thanks / Like

I am retired....plenty of time on my hands....I wash my car 3 to 4 times a month because my car sits outside 24/7....I use WF Uber SIO2 coating wash...and after I use a SIO2 spray paint sealant.....I did my car with ceramic coating about three months ago...should I use a ceramic coating spray ILO sealant spray....like I said I have plenty of time on my hands.
    No need to use all of these silica products.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    It's all in the polishing my friend. Like you, I like to try different products. My paint is so protected it's bullet proof..

Car Pro's Finest 1 yr. ago. Various spray coating including Reload, Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating and the latest 303 Graphene spray coating.
    Have to agree here. Polishing will get the best look.

want to thank everyone for their response...I didn't realize putting a fresh coat of sealant on every week was a bad idea....what about if I use a spray sealant or spray coating once a month?...thanks again...want to say my car sits outside 24/7
    Too much silica is not good. It will tend to mute the base layer.

say in 6 months should I use a One step ..to clean...polish ....protect...does that make sense
    Just remember that an all in one will remove the coating that you applied and as mentioned some clear coat.

I used BF profl black edition ceramic coating....I polished before that with a porta cable machine using BF one step...
    Seeing as you applied the coating over an all in one it won't last long anyway so your coating may or may not survive 6 months. So you can use one step again but this time top it with a wax or sealant. Coatings need bare paint free of waxes, sealants or oils to bond to. The exception is applying a coating over a primer polish.

4. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    No need to use all of these silica products.

Have to agree here. Polishing will get the best look.

Too much silica is not good. It will tend to mute the base layer.

Just remember that an all in one will remove the coating that you applied and as mentioned some clear coat.

Seeing as you applied the coating over an all in one it won't last long anyway so your coating may or may not survive 6 months. So you can use one step again but this time top it with a wax or sealant. Coatings need bare paint free of waxes, sealants or oils to bond to. The exception is applying a coating over a primer polish.
    thanks for your response....I was thinking of the same... using BF one step all over....then use then using BF SIO2 paint sealant...or a wax...what would you recommend since I like to do my car often

Post Thanks / Like

If I was going to apply a sealant as the LSP, I would skip using an AIO and instead use an appropriate standalone polish to do whatever paint correction is needed. Then I would apply a standalone sealant like WG SiO2 Paint Sealant. Then maintain with good wash technique and something like Duragloss Aquawax if you want a drying aid/topper.

It just doesn't make sense ($ and time) to use an AIO with sealant and then top that with a standalone sealant. And some sealants are going to bond better to bare paint, whereas with a wax that doesn't factor in as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

It just doesn't make sense ($ and time) to use an AIO with sealant and then top that with a standalone sealant. And some sealants are going to bond better to bare paint, whereas with a wax that doesn't factor in as much.
    I have actually used 3D Speed (AIO) topped with Collinite 845/476S (hybrid sealant/wax) with incredible success.

I have posted numerous times that I do not think topping an AIO is a waste of time on your own vehicles. I mean, you have to top the dedicated polish, right?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes Rsurfer, John U, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for your response....I was thinking of the same... using BF one step all over....then use then using BF SIO2 paint sealant...or a wax...what would you recommend since I like to do my car often
    I’m in agreement with my fellow members. I don’t use AIO’s but if you want to top it then a spray product would be my choice.

If I was to apply a wax or sealant over it then I would just use a dedicated polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Careful:
    -Sure...you do have a lot of time on your hands;
    -but you sure don’t want to drive yourself “crazy”
    trying to squeeze a little more (and then a little
    more; and more; and more; etc.) magnificence,
    picturesqueness, impressiveness...out of your
    vehicle. {Or maybe you do... }

Speaking of “crazy”:
    -The below lyrics are excerpted from:
    “Ride” (a song by: Twenty One Pilots)

Oh, oh
    I'm falling so I'm taking
    my time on my ride.
    Oh, I'm falling so I'm taking
    my time on my ride.
    Taking my time on my ride.

I've been thinking too much
    Help me
    (I've been thinking too much)
    (Help me)
    (I've been thinking too much)
    I've been thinking too much.

Oh, oh I'm falling so I'm taking
    my time on my ride
    Oh, I'm falling so I'm taking my
    time on my ride

I've been thinking too much (I've been
    thinking too much)
    I've been thinking too much (Help me)
    thinking too much)
    I've been thinking too much.

Oh, oh
    I'm falling so I'm taking my
    time on my ride
    Oh, I'm falling so I'm taking
    my time

thinking too much)
    thinking too much)
    thinking too much)

Help me!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I have actually used 3D Speed (AIO) topped with Collinite 845/476S (hybrid sealant/wax) with incredible success.

I have posted numerous times that I do not think topping an AIO is a waste of time on your own vehicles. I mean, you have to top the dedicated polish, right?
    I guess my point is steered toward the chemistry behind all of this, and thus anything claimed to bond to your paint is going to do that best with a clean paint surface. And that "bond" will last longer. So, if I used a standalone polish before a sealant, I would make sure to clean the surface after polishing to remove any oils, etc. Aka panel wipe down. Exception would be if I used a prep polish or other polish that said panel wiping isn't needed afterward.

With the AIO followed by wax combo, you don't have to worry about the AIO's sealant inhibiting the follow-up wax' ability to "bond" with the paint ... because waxes don't bond to paint in the first place. Waxing is purely mechanical, you're forcing wax in to microscopic gaps in the paint surface.

Technical overload ...

Post Thanks / Like

If you do want to go the route of ending the coating’s life since it may be/is compromised by having done One Step before applying it, then I think your plan of using One Step again followed by regular (once or twice monthly) use of BF SiO2 Spray Sealant is a good, easy combo that won’t self-clean as well as a coating but the top layer of BF SiO2 (and use of WG SiO2 Wash on occasion as you wish) will ensure self-cleaning that is not too shabby it’s own right.

And I know there may be overload of opinions on this thread but it is your car and your time. Read them but take them for what they are worth (and for gaining overall knowledge and options) and make the final decision
    that makes the most sense for your situation.

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast