autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been thinking to much

Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post
    want to thank everyone for their response...I didn't realize putting a fresh coat of sealant on every week was a bad idea....what about if I use a spray sealant once a month?...thanks again...want to say my car seats outside 24/7
    Use the spray sealant once a month then.

I do think WG CSC would be the best topper option for your situation, but the SiO2 Spray Sealants aren’t a bad choice by any means. But they are loaded with some polymers it seems, so using too frequently likely causes buildup that could be inhibiting your shine. Others may not have this problem, to me every paint is a bit unique.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Use the spray sealant once a month then.

I do think WG CSC would be the best topper option for your situation, but the SiO2 Spray Sealants aren’t a bad choice by any means. But they are loaded with some polymers it seems, so using too frequently likely causes buildup that could be inhibiting your shine. Others may not have this problem, to me every paint is a bit unique.
    I do have Profl ceramic detail spray....would that be alright to use...once a month

Post Thanks / Like

I do have Profl ceramic detail spray....would that be alright to use...once a month
    Since its a detail spray and not a spray coating, I would say absolutely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Since its a detail spray and not a spray coating, I would say absolutely.
    say in 6 months should I use a One step ..to clean...polish ....protect...does that make sense

Post Thanks / Like

say in 6 months should I use a One step ..to clean...polish ....protect...does that make sense
    If it needs it..remember every time you polish, you're removing clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Polishing, including with One Step it any other AIO will remove the coating you put on the car and replace with sealant. I would highly recommend not polishing your coating at 9 months unless something goes wrong.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I am retired....plenty of time on my hands....I wash my car 3 to 4 times a month because my car sits outside 24/7....I use WF Uber SIO2 coating wash...and after I use a SIO2 spray paint sealant.....I did my car with ceramic coating about three months ago...should I use a ceramic coating spray ILO sealant spray....like I said I have plenty of time on my hands.
    What kind of coating did you put on 3 mths ago? Did you machine polish the car? Thats where all the shine is really, polishing. Took my relatively new car to another level using sonax perfect finish.

If you want to apply something to your car every wash look for a coating topper like carpro elixir. One example of hundreds, i'm not familiar with wolfgang, they most likely have a topper.

Personally, i use a soi2 infused waterless/rinseless wash - think carpro ech2o - product has a drying aid for most washes and once a mth or so a top up with a spray sio2 sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Work smarter not harder. HSWW After each wash used as a drying aid, will maintain that finish.

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 53410
    2018 Colorado ZR2

9. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    What kind of coating did you put on 3 mths ago? Did you machine polish the car? Thats where all the shine is really, polishing. Took my relatively new car to another level using sonax perfect finish.

If you want to apply something to your car every wash look for a coating topper like carpro elixir. One example of hundreds, i'm not familiar with wolfgang, they most likely have a topper.

Personally, i use a soi2 infused waterless/rinseless wash - think carpro ech2o - product has a drying aid for most washes and once a mth or so a top up with a spray sio2 sealant.
    I used BF profl black edition ceramic coating....I polished before that with a porta cable machine using BF one step...

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

ouch, you used a AIO before a full blown ceramic? not to knock on blackfire, wolfgang and others but it really seems the koreans have the ceramic coating market almost cornered. gtechniq, igl, gyeon, kamikaze and a few others are not Korean.

12. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast