autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Karcher 1700 versus Kranzle K1122TST

I considered both of those models and ended up going with the Comet 1700. I wanted to set mine up on a cart, so this had a little to play in my decision. I use the pressure hose that came with it and MTM SGS28 gun and PF22.2 canon. I’d read that the hose that came with it was decent and I can confirm that. I also like the reel that comes with it. I believe you can order a kit to add mobility to the Comet unit straight from Comet. Not sure what that costs. I’m really happy with this pressure washer.

2. Thanks Craig Encinitas, OCD-tailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My business isn't detailing, my business is databases. Let me tell you one of the top things that people put off thinking about in just about every business until it's too late: a backup plan. While that Kranzle looks really nice, I can't imagine myself dropping enough to afford two of them (in case one breaks). So my advice would be to get both the Kranzle and the Karcher. Or possibly head to Home Depot and get one of the Ryobi 1600 PSI units they have on sale currently for < $70. (Confession: I have that unit, it gets the job done for my detailing hobby on my own cars, and would probably work fine for professional duty as well though you might want to cart-mount it with some extra hose and a reel, etc).

Relying on your Kranzle never failing or being stolen or having a cabinet come off the wall and land on it (happened to my brother's car in a house he bought....the cabinets pulled out of the wall and smashed his car right up good) is a good way to go into full retirement because suddenly you can't service your customers.

4. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool setup

6. Thanks Azure thanked for this post
    Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I considered both of those models and ended up going with the Comet 1700. I wanted to set mine up on a cart, so this had a little to play in my decision. I use the pressure hose that came with it and MTM SGS28 gun and PF22.2 canon. I’d read that the hose that came with it was decent and I can confirm that. I also like the reel that comes with it. I believe you can order a kit to add mobility to the Comet unit straight from Comet. Not sure what that costs. I’m really happy with this pressure washer.

How did you attach it to the cart?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gparr View Post
    How did you attach it to the cart?
    The Comet kit comes with a wall mount bracket. You can easily detach the Comet to and from the bracket. I sandwiched two pieces of aluminum plate over the side of my carts middle shelf. I was able to bolt through the plates and side of the middle shelf to hold the bracket. It would likely work better with a steel cart, but it seems to handle the weight fine. I changed the casters with bigger, more soft rubber type wheels to make it easier to roll around. I also made sure I had wheel locks, since my driveway isn't level where I wash my car at.

9. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

11. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post

Did you buy the Comet thru OG?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Did you buy the Comet thru OG?
    I did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123