autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Karcher 1700 versus Kranzle K1122TST

After spending more time repairing gas pressure washers than actually detailing cars, I decided to look at electric when the last Honda powered one we had destroyed it's crankshaft keyway. Went with the Kranzle K1122TST, Mosmatic gun and all QDs and swivels, that's been almost a year ago now and still no issues out of the Kranzle, used and abused daily in a 80% production detailing shop.

It's got me convinced enough to buy a 1622TS for my personal setup at the house.

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome info. Thanks for taking the time to reply. That is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Post Thanks / Like

The part of the OG setup I use the least and wouldn’t mind if I hadn’t purchased is the wand and the foam cannon. Just rarely use them. The wand I only use when washing the deck. The foam cannon only with decon soap prior to a detail. My car is never dirty enough to need foam before washing. I rinse with water and proceed with mitt and soap.

The gun is my favorite part, the hose is pretty nice too but it’s quite heavy. I didn’t buy the reel so handling that 50ft hose isn’t the easiest thing to do.
    Bruno Soares

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Bruno. It is VERY helpful to know that the hose reel should probably be purchased as I would never know that without your experience. As with you my cars are rarely dirty enough to need the cannon but my customers are another story. I also believe the wand will be handy for me for the very same reason. Appreciate the info very much.

7. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCD-tailing View Post
    DFB,
    Thank you for your response and input. I will be retiring in 6 weeks so detailing will become full-time so the unit will be used almost every day. Do you feel that you 'overspent' and it might not have been worth it in relation to an upscale Karcher (or your old Karcher for that matter)? I agree that the $$ difference is substantial but I just don't want to be sorry if the Karcher becomes problematic.
    Thanks again,
    Alan
    OCD-tailing
    The Kranzle replaced a very basic, entry level Karcher.

I hated the cheap feeling gun that comes with Karcher's and the standard hose is too short and nasty in use.

Do I think I overspent? Not really, mainly because the user experience with the Kranzle is so much better. I have the standard Kranzle hose but it is eons better than what most pressure washers come with and is able to reach fully around a car. I love being able to choose between a short gun for wheel cleaning or a long with the wand attached. In use, the sound of the machine sounds strong, much better than the high pitched squeal many other machines make.

Having said all that said, the difference between a newer and better Karcher and the Kranzle would not be as large as what I was coming from. But, the old saying of 'you get what you pay for' really applies here. You pay handsomely for a product that feels, sounds and works stoutly. If you get the chance to have a look at one, you will probably be shocked at how heavy it is. One would hope this means a well built product. I will also say that all products have problems, cheap or expensive. The reality is that a Karcher with a fault will most likely being thrown away, the Kranzle can be repaired.

For me, I just did not want to buy the Karcher and spent the whole time wondering what the Kranzle would have been like. If you plan on using the machine almost everyday, you want something that is going to be a pleasure to use not grate on you.

I hope that helps and I hope this post doesn't come across as if I didn't carefully consider the price in the whole decision process.

Post Thanks / Like

If your doing it for work and use it everyday i’d say the Kranzle. I decided against a high end PW because i wouldn’t ise it wnough to justify price. Just bought the nicest ryobi i could find at the time and bought all the upgrades through MTM. Not a fan of Obsessed.

MtM foam cannon, SG35 stubby and quick connects. Flexzilla 50 ft hose.

From all the research i did though I probably woulda went with the AR 630tss. It seems to compare favorably to the Kranzle but $300-500 less.

When i was looking i found it a$100 or so cheaper than buying from OG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

DFB,
    I agree with all you said in your response especially the part about the machine being a pleasure to use instead of grating on you. We all have bought something that we regret every time we pick it up and that is exactly what I am trying to avoid. Like you, I have deliberated carefully about the $$ but in the end it comes down to performance and ease of use. As a YouTube reviewer said of the Kranzle "Buy nice or buy twice". I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Kranzle. Thank you again for all of your insights--I really appreciate the input.
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

I found it on The Clean Garage site also and I am leaning toward getting it. I just don't want to fight with a tool and most every review speaks of ease of use. Thanks for your input and thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind every Black Friday / Cyber Monday Matt runs a 10% off + free shipping on Obsessed Garage so that could save you a decent amount on an expensive PW like the Kranzle or the AR Blue. Only a couple of weeks away.
    Bruno Soares

13. Likes OCD-tailing, Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Karcher 1700 with wheels.
    The stock setup was not easy to use.
    I bought the Clean Garage package; 50ft hose, wand, gun and foam cannon...and it’s been great.

15. Thanks OCD-tailing thanked for this post
    Likes Azure liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast