autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Eraser Residue!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Don’t be surprised if ti see marring sooner rather than later once your coated from the drying process.

Will be worse. Has less lubrication that a panel wipe.

If the marring couldn’t be induced with the towel then it shouldn’t be the wipe causing it? So does that mean the essence was just filling/covering defects that weren’t removed during the correction? My ipa comment was that OP questioning if the eraser was leaving something behind.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Eraser Residue!?

Quote Originally Posted by Rand0m View Post
    If the marring couldn’t be induced with the towel then it shouldn’t be the wipe causing it? So does that mean the essence was just filling/covering defects that weren’t removed during the correction? My ipa comment was that OP questioning if the eraser was leaving something behind.
    I wasn't necessarily implying the Eraser as leaving anything behind. But, no matter what panel I wiped or which direction I wiped (with the Eraser), that was the markings I would see. Seems hard to believe I just happen to wipe in the exact same pattern, even when I went diagonal or circular, as marks that were already there and just being covered up.

I dont know what the issue was, but I ended up just coating after Essence with no IPA/cleaning wipe.

3. Likes Craig Encinitas, Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooops! Sorry, somehow I double posted while editing my first post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWithASubie View Post
    ... I have discovered that these marks go in line with the direction I wipe with the Eraser and, when wiping perpendicular to a previously wiped spot the old lines are no longer visible. I tried this with both the Cobra Gold and Gyeon bald wipes, same result's.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWithASubie View Post
    I wasn't necessarily implying the Eraser as leaving anything behind. But, no matter what panel I wiped or which direction I wiped (with the Eraser), that was the markings I would see. Seems hard to believe I just happen to wipe in the exact same pattern, even when I went diagonal or circular, as marks that were already there and just being covered up.

I dont know what the issue was, but I ended up just coating after Essence with no IPA/cleaning wipe.
    I wish I would have seen this thread to respond earlier, but here's my 2-cents anyway.

I have a different theory than any previous post(s) suggest as to what you are seeing.

Based on your statement that the old lines are no longer visible when you wipe an affected area in another direction you can discount all of the comments that reference any type of marring. If what you're seeing was truly some form of marring, then wiping in another direction certainly would not correct that. It would take some sort of polishing to correct.

That said, I'd suspect what you are actually seeing is tiny fibers from your towel(s) left behind on the surface. When you wipe in another direction you pick those fibers up and leave a new set of fibers in the direction you last wiped.

I've experienced the same thing many times, with different microfibers, on my black truck. It's even more obvious on the glass and a reason I prefer high quality cotton terry cloth for cleaning windows. For the paint I will sometimes do a final wipe, very lightly, with the cotton terry cloth to remove those tiny microfiber fibers left behind. Or even my California Car Duster.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345